Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

12 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Impressive work, as always EG.

Thanks!

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Totally not worth getting up early if you didn't get enough sleep!  Your ring work looks great.  Sounds like you are starting at an even better place than last year.

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

I'm glad the rings are going so well for you!  I've never even tried the tuck stand or the tuck roll to chin up.  How are you finding the moves?  Doing the tuck stand barely off of the ground is incredibly wise.  That move looks like it has a lot of potential for falling if you're not already feeling pretty solid.  

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

On 6/2/2017 at 9:18 AM, suzyQlou said:

Totally not worth getting up early if you didn't get enough sleep!  Your ring work looks great.  Sounds like you are starting at an even better place than last year.

Yeah, I think it was a good idea to sleep in. I did rings last summer, than did kettlebell work the rest of the year, and just now am doing the rings again. It is fun to have the comparison and see how much stronger I am.

On 6/2/2017 at 11:15 AM, Kishi said:

Hey! Just wanted to drop by and let you know that I was following along. :)

Thanks

On 6/2/2017 at 0:01 PM, Nymeria said:

I'm glad the rings are going so well for you!  I've never even tried the tuck stand or the tuck roll to chin up.  How are you finding the moves?  Doing the tuck stand barely off of the ground is incredibly wise.  That move looks like it has a lot of potential for falling if you're not already feeling pretty solid.  

Thanks.  I'm better at some of the moves, like skin the cat, and pull ups, but the tuck  roll to chin up is hard. I do it like 6" off the ground right now, very not ready to do it higher.:)

3 hours ago, Batgrl said:

Hope those allergies ease up! It's so annoying to get sidelined, even just for a day, early in a challenge.  Sounds like you are taking care and still keeping plenty busy.

Thanks, they are a bit better. I always find it annoying to start out a challenge sick.  

• Like 4

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Weekend highlights:

Had friends over for game night. I made chicken teriyaki sandwiches, we barbecued the chicken . First barbecue and eating on the deck of the season!  Played Uno, Pandemic Legacy, and Survive. My best friend is working at getting in shape and losing weight and I was able to encourage her, so that was nice.

Today we are having a Pentecost party for church, there will be food, and singing, and dancing. I'm looking forward to it. I'm making Ropa Vieja, roast beef with peppers and onions, A Latin American dish.

Week wrap up:

Eh, not my best week. I've had horrible allergies, and so my goal of getting started at a certain time didn't happen. Ate more junk food  than is best, which just makes me feel more run down. I did however, have a great time geocaching on Monday, got some veggies planted in my garden, worked out on the rings three times this week, and did several Algebra 2  lessons so good things happened

• Like 12

Sounds like a fun evening! Pandemic is my all-time favorite board game.

(My Spanish is still somewhat terrible, but does ropa vieja mean "old clothes"? I bet it tastes great though.) 

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

16 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Eh, not my best week. I've had horrible allergies, and so my goal of getting started at a certain time didn't happen. Ate more junk food  than is best, which just makes me feel more run down. I did however, have a great time geocaching on Monday, got some veggies planted in my garden, worked out on the rings three times this week, and did several Algebra 2  lessons so good things happened

So sorry that it is allergies season there, but happy that you arenlt letting it stop you from getting things done.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

7 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

(My Spanish is still somewhat terrible, but does ropa vieja mean "old clothes"? I bet it tastes great though.) 

Literally it does, it could be one of those weird colloquial names for food, like toad in a hole, or spotted dick.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

16 hours ago, Xena said:

Allergies can be brutal! Hope yours settle down soon.

Good news about grilling season!

Thanks. I love grilling season and eating out on the deck

9 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Sounds like a fun evening! Pandemic is my all-time favorite board game.

It was,I really love Pandemic. See my note to Tank below on "Old Clothes":)

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

So sorry that it is allergies season there, but happy that you arenlt letting it stop you from getting things done.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Literally it does, it could be one of those weird colloquial names for food, like toad in a hole, or spotted dick.

That's too funny:) I didn't know, I just copied the  recipe title down. Proves that anything in a foreign language sounds amazing.;) It  was actually roast beef with pepper and onions, simmered in the crockpot all day. It was good, but could have been spicier. But I do have a stuffed up nose, so there's that.

1 hour ago, maegs said:

Rings! That's so badass! Starting close to the ground sounds like a good idea though

Thanks!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

It  was actually roast beef with pepper and onions, simmered in the crockpot all day. It was good, but could have been spicier. But I do have a stuffed up nose, so there's that.

I make something similar but use it for philly cheesesteaks. It's just roastbeef, peppers, onions, coconut aminos, and black pepper.  I eat it without bread and my daughter eats it on a roll but, without cheese. 

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

8 minutes ago, Batgrl said:

I make something similar but use it for philly cheesesteaks. It's just roastbeef, peppers, onions, coconut aminos, and black pepper.  I eat it without bread and my daughter eats it on a roll but, without cheese. 

Sounds good. This also had tomatoes. I'll have to try the one with coconut aminos, 

• Like 1

Had a lot of fun last night at our church feast. It was potluck food from all around the world. They had a special table for the dietary challenged, GF and DF, but they also had people label whether the other food had gluten or dairy, so I was able to find some other food that I could eat. My friend grew up in China, and she made this wonderful egg dish, and there was Chicken Satay, and Vietnamese Salad, and brownies for desert. Since it was a feast, I ate a bunch of food, and enjoyed it all. Afterwards we did dancing. Which is a bit hard on a full stomach.;) Then when we were all done, my husband was talking to one of the young teen dancers, and asked him how to do the throw in swing dancing. Our teacher had shown us, but we had forgotten. So then my husband practiced throwing me d a couple of times. Which was really fun, and I get super pumped that we can do it, but my stomach wasn't too excited about jumping around after eating all the food:)

This morning I woke up, but was feeling allergy tired. But I still managed to start the day on time. I finally made a little chart to keep track of my goal. I decided I need the same as last month, 15. I gave myself credit for 2 days last week. Start tie is 9:30, but I have 5 minutes grace. If I don't start on time, I owe burpees, 2 for every minute after 9:30. If I'm sick, there may be an exception

Nice sunny day.Did my ring workout. Jump to pull up was strong.inverted roll to chin up is improving. I did good on the Skin the Cat, but wow, I was dizzy, and my stomach was very floppy. Not sure if it was still from last night's food, or just that I did more, or today's breakfast. I had chicken and rice, which last year when I did rings was good, but so far this year I've just done protein drinks, and that seems to do the best at giving me energy ,but not upsetting my stomach.  I don't usually have a problem with food and then working out, but with all the spinning on rings, I have to be careful.

• Like 13

The church feast sounds like a great time! Cool that you got to reintroduce yourselves to some of the swing dancing moves :)

My allergies have been especially bad this year, to the point that I'm considering going to see a doctor about it, because the over the counter meds aren't doing it. So anyway, I feel your pain on that one..

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

6 hours ago, Fonzico said:

The church feast sounds like a great time! Cool that you got to reintroduce yourselves to some of the swing dancing moves :)

My allergies have been especially bad this year, to the point that I'm considering going to see a doctor about it, because the over the counter meds aren't doing it. So anyway, I feel your pain on that one..

We did have fun. Sorry your allergies have been bad too. The only doctor I've seen about allergies was a naturopath. I've had natural remedies help me with lots of stuff, but not allergies.  At least they aren't year round now. 

4 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Oh wow, re-learning the swing throw! You will have to get someone to take a photo next time. Evidence :P. Sorry to hear the allergies aren't letting up, but glad to know it isn't stopping you from ring workout, etc.

I bet the look on my face as my husband throws me is pretty funny. Part terror/part excitement. 

25 minutes ago, Salinger said:

just catching up, you are doing awesome :)

Thanks

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Marauder said:

Sorry you are struggling with allergies.  Mine used to be terrible, but I finally decided to go the allergy shot route and I'm like a new person.  It is certainly an investment in time and money though.  

I had them when I was a kid. They didn't help, but are supposedly more effective for adults. I possibly should try it, but after doing it for two years as a kid, and the allergist and nurses pretty much didn't like kids, so it was a miserable experience, I can't seem to talk myself into it.

• Like 1

Today was a memorable day. Got started on time. Did my leg circuit from GMB. I used some weights instead of jumping. To up the difficulty,GMB has you do jumping lunges, but then that always starts to bother my ankles. So instead I just added some weight.

Later in the day, I decided to clean our shower doors. I've used this homemade detergent before, 1 cup of vinegar, 1 cup dish soap. I mixed it into an old spray bottle. All the sudden it starts shooting out the sprayer. I try to adjust the nozzle, and it just sprays more. I try to twist the lid off to let off a little pressure, and it explodes. The bottle just shoots back about 5 feet, and detergent sprays everywhere. It is all over me, and our walls, and floor. I wash it off me, and the floor. Didn't hurt me or the floor, thankfully. The floor was a mess trying to get clean, it was super soapy and hard to rinse off. I looked at the bottle of dish soap, and it was actually dishwasher detergent. Not sure if that is why it exploded or if there was something in the bottle? I threw the bottle away and made a new batch with dish soap and had no problem.

Then later, I was on the step stool putting things away in the cupboard, when somehow I slipped. The dishwasher door was open and I banged my leg and knee on it.  Then I went to ice it,opened the freezer, and the ice bag was warm.:( Something was wrong with our freezer. I spread Arnica on it and used ice bags (the ice in the freezer was frozen-just the stuff in the door was warm) After relaxing a bit, I assessed things. I didn't pull any muscles. my knee and leg have a bruise and are a bit tender, but not as bad as when I first did it.

Hubby came home and looked at the freezer. The opening to the ice maker was stuck open and he closed it. Hoping that fixes it.

I guess I will say it was a good day. Thankful that nothing was seriously damaged from exploding detergents, and my injury is minor. I think I made my guardian angel work hard today.;) It was just this week that I posted in @Wild Wolf thread how much life would be much simpler if I paid more attention.;) Maybe my mom is looking down from heaven wondering if I will ever learn.:lol:

• Like 6

Sounds like a heck of a day. I'm glad you're ok. I bet if you did the laundry detergent and vinegar thing on purpose you could make a video go viral.

• Like 6

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath