Elastigirl Enthusiastically Embraces A New Endeavor

Elastigirl

23 hours ago, Batgrl said:

I was looking for a good reason to avoid housework.  Now that I how dangerous it can be I clearly have no choice but to avoid all cleaning. :)

YES! THIS!  I think I'm going to host a Halloween party just so I can dress as WW.

I'm thinking of staying away from house cleaning from now on, it's better to have a dirty house than blow up your house right?;)

The Halloween party  sounds like fun.

16 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Someone on the ladies Academy page shared a link to the pattern for a WW armour~ https://www.blackravenarmoury.co.uk/wonder-woman-file-download-page/?ver=482b7149af4233b5ef7fd0ea21756fa554f705c5

Cool!

14 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Wow so much happening.

As long as you understand the fine nitty gritty details about your start time, then of course it is right. Sometimes these things happen that just has to take first priority, as it is out of the ordinary, so *shrug*, that is how it is.

The Disney planning sounds awesome. The boys saw an advert for Disneyland on internet so of course they wanted to know if we could ever go, and then why doesn't South Africa have a Disneyland?

I hope your foot gets better. Maybe focus on the foot and see what you are doing that might be aggravating/irritating the muscle?

How are you finding LOF? I see you are enjoying the Algebra (woot! woot!)  but are the stories ok on the higher levels? Not too childish? Some people used to struggle with that, while others found the stories useful as part of the explanation.

That would be cool if Disneyland was in South Africa, we could do Disneyland and then go to a wild animal park.

I love LOF! I think the stories help me make sense of things. The stories are silly, but they are supposed to be. I like silliness, so I am not a good judge if something is too childish:) I didn't do LOF with my son, I think he would have been annoyed with the stories.He would have just wanted to do the problems.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

1 hour ago, The Most Loathed said:

for the wonder women, you should make these:

Those are amazing!

• Like 1

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Had my husband take some pictures of me on the rings. I wanted to have pictures for form checks. My form needs some improvement, but I'm happy. Picture is called Top Position, 2 is half way between a tuck and an L-sit. I also did some video. I'll get those uploaded to share soon. There's some weird black marks on one picture, not sure why, and didn't feel like fixing it. I like the grimace in the second photo. With that and my nearby kleenex, it looks like a set up for miserable yoga.:)

n

elarge.WP_20170610_10_47_28_Pro.jpg.2c23731e091f4688695da318dcfe2d11.jpg

large.P1010732.JPG.905518cb0cf2443011224410824fb165.JPG

• Like 14

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That would be cool if Disneyland was in South Africa, we could do Disneyland and then go to a wild animal park.

I love LOF! I think the stories help me make sense of things. The stories are silly, but they are supposed to be. I like silliness, so I am not a good judge if something is too childish:) I didn't do LOF with my son, I think he would have been annoyed with the stories.He would have just wanted to do the problems.

Absolutely would do Disneyland and a game reserve with you guys if it were here! The boys are asking when can we go to a park again. I think I'll have to take them to the small drive-through one just outside of town. It takes about an hour or two, then you are through, and they have an African and Indian elephant at one point that were rescued from a circus. They however still like interacting with people, so they frequently stop cars at that point and put their trunks inside the windows to touch people's hair, faces, etc. You are absolutely NOT allowed to feed them, because they become unmanageable then, but otherwise behave ok. There usually is an armed guard/guide with them. The same place however, has a rhino that stays close to the reservations office, where you have to pay for entrance. She hates women! If she catches a woman's scent she mock storms them. She did this to me the last time we were there. That was the fastest I'd ever gone into an office to pay :D . Yip, think we have to go again.

I'm glad you like LOF. It definitely isn't for everyone though. :)

You look great in those pictures. Not a grimace, concentration!

• Like 3

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Great pictures!  For me, the hardest part of that position is rotating my arms outward, rather than keeping them parallel with each other.  You seem to have that part mastered, though. :) 

I'm already planning a Disneyland trip for next summer.  But, while I LOVED staying in Disney hotels at Disney World, it's hard to want to do so at Disneyland.  There are so many cheap hotels in walking distance that it's hard to want to pay the extra money.  

I've never tried LOF.  My kids are working through AoPS Beast Academy books, and they love those.  We were just planning on continuing with AoPS algebra when they reach that level, but I might have to check out LOF for some variety.  

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Those are great pics. You look awesome.

Thanks

7 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Absolutely would do Disneyland and a game reserve with you guys if it were here! The boys are asking when can we go to a park again. I think I'll have to take them to the small drive-through one just outside of town. It takes about an hour or two, then you are through, and they have an African and Indian elephant at one point that were rescued from a circus. They however still like interacting with people, so they frequently stop cars at that point and put their trunks inside the windows to touch people's hair, faces, etc. You are absolutely NOT allowed to feed them, because they become unmanageable then, but otherwise behave ok. There usually is an armed guard/guide with them. The same place however, has a rhino that stays close to the reservations office, where you have to pay for entrance. She hates women! If she catches a woman's scent she mock storms them. She did this to me the last time we were there. That was the fastest I'd ever gone into an office to pay :D . Yip, think we have to go again.

I'm glad you like LOF. It definitely isn't for everyone though. :)

You look great in those pictures. Not a grimace, concentration!

The game reserve sounds part terrifying, part adventure, but very fun!

Yip, my picture is concentration not grimace. Well, maybe a bit of a grimace, as I had to hold the position forever while hubby took the picture.:)

3 hours ago, Nymeria said:

Great pictures!  For me, the hardest part of that position is rotating my arms outward, rather than keeping them parallel with each other.  You seem to have that part mastered, though. :) 

I'm already planning a Disneyland trip for next summer.  But, while I LOVED staying in Disney hotels at Disney World, it's hard to want to do so at Disneyland.  There are so many cheap hotels in walking distance that it's hard to want to pay the extra money.  

I've never tried LOF.  My kids are working through AoPS Beast Academy books, and they love those.  We were just planning on continuing with AoPS algebra when they reach that level, but I might have to check out LOF for some variety.  

Yeah, I was pretty happy with having mastered the rings turned out, I think it is because GMB has you do that for a lot of their movements, so I had already developed the muscles/tendon strength necessary.

Most of the times we've been to Disneyland we've just stayed at the other hotels. When we went for my son's high school graduation, we stayed at the Grand Californian, and it was so pretty, and so convenient. but we we're able to get a good rate. We've had so-so luck at the other hotels. They can be pretty old, so we've dealt with dirty pools, a hotel that was supposed to have shuttle service but didn't, and one where we had to beg for towels.

• Like 2

Weekend Update:

Saturday  was picture and video day. I had my husband take pic's so I could do some form checking, and share my cool tricks with you guys. And then my cell phone videos wouldn't upload to my computer, so we re-did them on our camera. Technically it was a rest day, but it actually ended up being a small workout day.:lol: Went to friends for game night and visiting. We played Pandemic Legacy. I absolutely love that game. It is a board game  that changes each time you play, and it has a storyline. It is one of the funnest games I've ever played. Then we went geocaching, or rather back to the caches we found last time but didn't log as we forgot a pen. There was a new cache we looked for but couldn't find.

Sunday was great. Went to church, which I always enjoy. My church is great, and going to church always refreshes and restores me. Then we went out to eat at a natural foods sandwich shop. Their meat is organic, and they have good (big rarity) gluten free bread. I don't really miss most sandwiches, but those sandwiches that are on really good bread, with good meat, and fresh veggies is something I miss. This place hit that spot. And it is in walking distance of the GF, DF bakery, so we went and bought some goodies, and ordered a cake for my birthday. 

After that we went shoe shopping. My hiking sandals were in desperate need of replacement. The heel was worn down so much it made me walk sideways. Found some great hiking sandals. I also wanted a pair of  flat,dressy shoes for summer. I have had a pair for a long time, but they are really uncomfortable. Problem is I have a horrible time finding dress shoes. My feet are more elven than hobbit.They are super small and narrow. My heel slips in most dress shoes. I had decided I would look for a pair that was less uncomfortable than the ones I have. I've been looking forever for ones that were comfy, and I just decided to go for " don't pinch my toes or give me blisters' as a standard. Found a pair that with insoles might work, and was thinking of getting them, and then I spotted another pair to try on. They were actually comfy! And cute. Not quite as dressy as the pair I have, so I might still need the uncomfy pair for weddings or something, but these will be great paired with summer skirts or dresses.

WEEK 2:

Yes, hit all 5 days for starting on time!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

you look great in those photos :)

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

That looks hard, like it takes a lot of strength. I'm impressed.

Thanks!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Xena said:

The video is even better than the stills. Really cool!

Thanks. 

26 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

You and Slothgirl would have fun together.

Yep, her circus class looks so fun.  The funny thing is I never did that stuff when I was a kid. I was way too scared of falling. 

• Like 2

I don't really have a what to do after explosion protocol list in my head though.[emoji4]

Clearly it's time to develop one - your life is getting much too thrilling for you to not have an after-explosion protocol...

• Like 4

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

14 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

I love your dedication!  Great photos and videos :-)

Thanks

14 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Those pics and the videos are super impressive! You make it look so easy :) 

Thanks, Not easy, but fun!

7 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Clearly it's time to develop one - your life is getting much too thrilling for you to not have an after-explosion protocol...

:lol: So yesterday was the first rainy day after a bit of sun. My husband wore his rain jacket to work. On the way home, he noticed little white spots on his jacket , he rubbed at them and they smelled like vinegar. Apparently the coat closet door was open  during the explosion. So pre- explosion protocol needs to include closing all doors.:)

3 hours ago, suzyQlou said:

The rings look great.  What a workout!

Thanks

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Glad you found a nice comfy pair of shoes. The only dress shoes brand I now wear are Green Cross. Don't know if you guys have it that side of the ocean. Won't a pair of insoles help with the current uncomfortable pair?

Haven't hear of them. The comfy ones are Naturilizers. The uncomfortable ones pinch my toes, so an insole wouldn't help. With them I went for a smaller size so they would be fit on the heel.

• Like 5

Yesterday started on time. Did my ring workout. I noticed that with some of the movements I was leaning forward, so I tried to be more upright. I ended up doing fewer reps than last time, but hopefully with better form.  Went on two walks, short one after lunch, and a longer one in the evening with Mr. Incredible after dinner.

Today: Well first report ; 7 days with no explosions!:) Today was my clean the house day, and I managed it without exploding anything. I did however need to mop up some more spots I noticed from last week's explosion. I keep thinking they are clean, only to notice more spots. Our hall is a bit dark, and the spots are mostly clear, but you see them when the sun shines just the right way. I also cleaned off our jackets, as apparently they get hit by some of the vinegar- baking soda explosion.

I didn't start the day on time. It was 9:40. Not super late, but late. I think my plan is going to be to set my phone alarm for 9:15, and have it be where I have to get up to go turn it off. I end up sitting, and thinking , just one more minute.

Did leg workout, plus some 53# 2 hand KB swings. Last time I did the leg circuit, I added weights. But then I had DOMS so bad it hurt to walk, so this time I just did it as written. It seems a bit easy, but hopefully it is building muscle. 

My friend and I are Fitbit friends, and she went me a note that I averaged 10,000 steps a day. That made me happy. I didn't think I was doing that good. But looking back, I really have. Some days are lower, but then I have several days that are over 10,000. Today ended up being 11,000 steps. I ended up doing two walks again.

5 circuits 5 reps each

5  jump squat

reverse lunge

side squat

Chinese squat

roll to pistol

• Like 10