Yasha backs herself

Yasha92

3 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Senior manager asked to meet with me and offered me the opportunity to act as Team Leader while they recruit for the permanent role which will be 8-10weeks at the higher rate. I agreed to the secondment, partly because I respect this manager and partly because I recognised I'll be doing the work anyway, I might as well get paid for it.

Does it not also give you a chance to test the water to see whether or not you could stand to take the role on a permanent basis? 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Does it not also give you a chance to test the water to see whether or not you could stand to take the role on a permanent basis? 

It does. The Team Leader never really took off as well as I wanted him to and was still relying heavily on me for a lot of things, his mindset was all bad and I found him both sloppy and lazy. I'm hoping that it was his bad behaviour that polluted this manager (I suspect not, she's done a lot of dumb shit in the 5months she's been here) and maybe having me on a similar level she may take on some of my feedback rather than just ignoring me... or maybe not and it will help me sever the ties with that workplace more cleanly...

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

maybe having me on a similar level she may take on some of my feedback rather than just ignoring me...

This is a thing. It's amazing how the amount of influence one can have is often based solely on the job title. It can be incredibly frustrating when you are at the bottom and feel like you are completely ignored. Being the Team Leader will lend weight to your voice. Whether or not that is enough to make a difference in the toxic environment you've found yourself in is another matter altogether.

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Tuesday of week 1 and a pretty good day really.

No soft drink Passed, no soft drinks today, at one point I walked past the bottle-shop and was justifying to myself how I deserved a rum and Coke because my assessment was done and blah blah blah... I recognised that little voice as communal Larry- the jerkbrain and the voice that says 'just one' about soft drinks, I didn't even go in to the bottle shop to not risk giving him a chance.

Move that tush! Gymmed- the final ROAR for a while, a repeat of the benchmark I did 4weeks ago, there was definite improvement, and I was just 5secs short of finishing in the timecap. A good one to end on. also hit 19,000 steps.

c7325105ed435ca28ab8b0f1258b1731.jpg

Become the Master! Mandarin verbal assessment went OK, glad it's done (not because it was bad, but because I'm gaining back extra time once that class is finished). Also did my blog post for the week- just scraped it in under the deadline!

Get out! Thought more about the situation and started sketching a plan for the 8weeks of certain acting TL capacity (they announced today), I'm going to have 1on1 meetings with all of the fulltimers and get their suggestions for what needs changing, there's a bunch of stuff I can think of already, but I need them on side, even if they decide to still move on to other positions (and I'll support them in that) at least I can get some feedback in early.

• Like 6

Communal Larry sounds like a douche...

Way to rock these last couple days and start out week 1 so strong :) 

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Communal Larry sounds like a douche...

Way to rock these last couple days and start out week 1 so strong [emoji4] 

Wolf

He is! A couple of the academy ladies named that little jerk-voice so when we're battling him we can say 'fuck off Larry', instead of being mad at ourselves we're mad at Larry and let's face it, he deserves it. You're welcome to borrow him too~ ^_^

Thanks, I'm keen to kick some butt :D

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

He is! A couple of the academy ladies named that little jerk-voice so when we're battling him we can say 'fuck off Larry', instead of being mad at ourselves we're mad at Larry and let's face it, he deserves it. You're welcome to borrow him too~ ^_^

This is excellent! :D 

Following! 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

This is excellent! [emoji3] 

Following! 

Welcome! You are also welcome to swear st Larry, he is communal after all :D

WWqAa.gif

Animal-Puns.jpg

Ohai dere!

36c5fa5b0f98ee50e8be47e42a51970c.jpg

• Like 2

Wednesday of week 1 and a pretty good day really. Had a bit of a sleep-in due to the gym switch, then work, a lunch meeting with my old boss for a catch-up and to pick her brains (she agrees with me, try this 8-10week situation but don't write anything off in the meantime), I left work a little early to go the gym and failed the time factor, arriving 40mins early (I was aiming for 10mins to warm up and stretch but got confused about the time we booked) so I did a lot of mobility stuff and warmed up more targeted-ly specifically for squats. Afterwards came home via the shops- I bought a lot more tea... I sometimes wonder if I have a tea problem... then I have a cup of tea and everything is better again... had a very hot bath and did some stretches while I was warm.

No soft drink Passed, no soft drinks today, despite Mr bribing home a free bottle of lemonade someone didn't want (there's a sale, it's cheaper to buy three than one). The bottle has been put in the liquor cupboard for now and if I feel it tempting me I will move it to the garage.

Move that tush! Gymmed- squats, squats squat-squats (and a little bit of leg-press)! Focusing more on mobility and form than strength, did 5x5 at 45kg was the heaviest I went today, I have lots of tightness in my calves and ummm the muscle that lives in the bikini line (abductors?), got me some stretches to do and rolled a bit on our ball of pain tonight after my bath... much shrieking was had, which makes me feel like I found the right bit... also hit 10, 000 steps, just, by doing laps of the living room for those last 500

Become the Master! Class tomorrow and a test on Friday, nothing for either today... and I don't know where my textbook is, I need to find it.

Get out! sent out meeting requests for the fulltimers and asked them to think about any things that need changing, I have my own ideas, but if I can employ the hive mind will be way better.

• Like 7

Thursday of week one. When did it become June?! This year feels like it's speeding past. Work was ok, could t get myself to go to class, so met Mr in town and grabbed some dinner then walked to friend's house for a bit of a chat, then got a lift home. Got some cramming and other bits and pieces to get done tomorrow so nothing else on the agenda for tonight.

No soft drink! passed, had a couple of dirty chais and some tea (currently drinking a 'sleepy' tea that smells like a hippy incense and salt lamps shop, pretty tasty) but avoided the fizz. Rejected the offer of a slurpee (a frozen soft drink) as I reasoned it was still a soft drink even though it wasn't fizzy. Just had some more water ^_^

Move that tush! rest day, got some massive calf pump going on at the moment (but nothing compared to MrWilles' ankle-pump *horror*). Did hit 14,000 steps.

Become the Master! Confession time... I skipped class today. I was already running 15mins late for it when one of the casuals wanted to have a quick chat regarding a full time position which is opening up soon, as I'm sort of in between fulltimer and Team Leader in this weird transition 2weeks I stayed back to chat with her. By the time I was ready to go I was more than a half hour late, I hadn't had dinner and the thought of leaving the campus at 8.30pm in the freezing cold and the dark and I just couldn't drag myself to it. I have a bunch of cramming to do tomorrow for the test in the afternoon, so I won't catch up on the Masters subject at least until Saturday.

Git gud! went to a post-interview meeting with one of the interviewers to get some feedback on my interview technique and was there any tips etc he would suggest for the next time. I've been advised I didn't get the role I went for (which is ok really, they had two people already either trained or half trained) and while I was deemed appointable I was a no-go this time. Meant there wasn't heaps of feedback for me, which was good, plus the guy said I can send him my resume and response to the selection criteria for the next one and he'll help me make them look nice and be polished. Other than that I attended a meeting in prep for TL takeover and just worked on my project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

Thursday of week one. When did it become June?! This year feels like it's speeding past.

Couldn't agree more. I'm like, "JUNE?! ALREADY?!" Ugh....I'm not sure I like how fast it's going lol.

1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

No soft drink! passed, had a couple of dirty chais and some tea (currently drinking a 'sleepy' tea that smells like a hippy incense and salt lamps shop, pretty tasty) but avoided the fizz. Rejected the offer of a slurpee (a frozen soft drink) as I reasoned it was still a soft drink even though it wasn't fizzy. Just ha

Woot woot! Go, Yasha! Go, Yasha! Proud of you for staying strong here. I definitely need to borrow your strength when it comes to staving off the fizzy's...I've become slightly obsessed with Monster Pipeline punch...

On 5/30/2017 at 5:14 PM, Yasha92 said:

Thanks, I'm keen to kick some butt :D

HAHAHA! Sounds like I need to borrow him. He deserves a good "fuck off" for all the Monsters he tempts me with!

willy-wonka-hey-larry-fuck-you.jpg

On 5/31/2017 at 9:00 AM, Yasha92 said:

36c5fa5b0f98ee50e8be47e42a51970c.jpg

LOLZ! Good one :)

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Friday of week one and a good day. I had the day off work as a study day because I had my written test for Mandarin in the afternoon. Studied a bunch (crammed) and then went to the gym with Mr, he squatted under direction of the PT, I deadlifted in the corner away from them, but I went over a few times to steal his towel. I didn't have my program written up yet, so I went back to the ramp up I'd used last time I was testing my 1RM and the 70 felt light, so I tried 75 and it was fine, so I tried 80 and it was a grind, but I got it- so new PB set at 80kg, 10kg more than my body weight, woot woot! Seeing as I had a tentative goal of 85 for the novice comp in August I'm going to shuffle that forward a bit to at least 90. Mandarin test went fine, I used up the whole time which hardly ever happens for me but I think I passed it. Afterwards I caught up with Mr and best man at the brewery and had a cider, then Mr and I went to watch wonder woman (no spoilers), we enjoyed it, but I wasn't as bouncing off the walls as I thought I might be.

NO SOFT DRINK! I successfully avoided soft drink, despite being at a bar and going to the movies, two of the trickier scenarios for me. I had one cider, which I am not counting towards the fizzy column because it never sets me off like other stuff does.

MOVE THAT TUSH! A resounding 'yes' as I made time for the gym despite the exam prep stress and I deadlifted 80 for one (that's 176 in freedoms). Also hit 19,000 steps.

BECOME THE MASTER! Sat my test, didn't smash it, but did ok. Used strategy more than knowledge by going back to the short answer questions once I'd read the reading comprehension piece to steal the characters to answer the short answer stuff.

GIT GUD! Had a bit of a chat with one of the fulltimers who happened to be walking the same way as me after my exam, was a good chat but didn't get any specific ideas of things to improve except the waiting area for the support adviser -think mini counsellor- being cordoned off by ceiling to floor ropes, which really just looks like 'hang yourself', I don't think that's what they were going for at all, but it does give that vibe... not sure if that's something I get a say in, but I'd prefer a planter full of bamboo to screen it off, improve the air and be peaceful.

• Like 6

You are doing great at avoiding the fizzies! 

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

You are doing great at avoiding the fizzies! 

Thanks! I'm having an easier time of it this go around, just need constant vigilance!

• Like 1

Saturday of week 1, a good day. In the morning I caught the train out to best lady's house and together we drove to then climbed up a mountain, a lovely view at the top, but seriously jilted on the step front with only 3500 steps they just all happened to be straight upwards lol. After I caught the train back home I walked with Mr to the boys game, then went for a walk along the beach path in the dark, the ocean sounds both cool and a little frightening in the dark when you can't see it. Other than that I slept on the couch at friend's house and just generally chilled.

NO SOFT DRINK! Did good on this today, had a couple cups of herbal tea and a mug of milk, but nothing fizzy.

MOVE THAT TUSH! So for the walking at challenge at work we were meant to take 100,000 steps as a team (of 7) today... we have a lowish step average so I decided to do a bit more to try and carry over for the people I knew wouldn't hit the evenly split steps... I took a little over 23,000 steps- almost a quarter. I have to say if we still don't hit the 100,000 I think I'll be a tiny bit annoyed since I pushed so hard... but I really should be celebrating any steps they (and myself) are taking as working an office job does lend itself to sedentary.

BECOME THE MASTER! Nothing of note here, need to review the lecture slides for the day I missed and send an apology email to the subject coordinator.

GIT GUD! Interested to see whether my emails of encouragement bore fruit in the form of steps, if not I may need to adjust my technique for leading/encouraging action... food for thought...

921f21d01637c205201ac1298e35ecc3.jpg

65ce6ffedd9ff57853af378500d296e5.jpg

• Like 8

Pretty view! Way to go on the fit walker hike.

• Like 1

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Pretty view! Way to go on the fit walker hike.

I especially like how I couldn't decide what hand to indicate with, so I went with both XP

• Like 1

Amazing view, that's so cool! Relatedly, 23k steps is a long way; go you!

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Amazing view, that's so cool! Relatedly, 23k steps is a long way; go you!

Thanks! About 2/3rds the way up I thought my friend was going to quit, the view kept us going :P

• Like 1

Sunday of week one, a good day. Got up and cleaned a bit and went to print a couple pages for the game. Game was good. Then went and got Indian food with Mr and did some grocery shopping. Went to bed super early (like 8.30pm) as I'm fighting off a cold sore which usually means I'm a bit run down.

NO SOFT DRINK! Success, avoided all fizzies.

MOVE THAT TUSH! Rest day. Paced beside the bed until I hit those final steps then dropped into the bed with 10,015 steps.

BECOME THE MASTER! Nothing on this today and that's ok.

GIT GUD! Nothing on this today and that's ok.

• Like 6

Monday of week two. A good day despite my poopy mood. My little sister (not the one with anorexia, another one) is getting re-admitted to the psych ward as she hasn't been eating and attempted an OD... I'm kind of annoyed how much mental illness has targeted my family, that's 3/6kids making an attempt on their life, each before 18. Needless to say it got me down despite it being reason to hope that she'll get some techniques or they'll monitor her meds until things calm down a bit. Gymmed in the morning (and today I have Trex arms, so I must have done something right!), work was fine then game in the evening. I couldn't really get into it, but I was able to keep my cool while peeps were over and just crawl into bed after they left.

NO SOFT DRINK! Achieved! The emos wanted me to drink them but I stuck my finger up at them and ate some pineapple instead (which was delicious).

MOVE THAT TUSH! Went to the gym 20mins early to stretch and foam roll and was locked out. Nobody's swipes we're working including the trainer who was there. I stretched a bit on the driveway until the other trainer arrived with the master key, then went in and did the biglifts class, I traded boxing for accessory work (something something cardio wrecks your gainz) and ground out the workout which I have copied below:

DL 5x5@40kg

Deficit 5x5@45kg

Back extensions 3x10

Seated row 3x10@19kg

3x10 assisted pull ups- blue band 2.5thumbs

3x10 straight bar bicep curls@10kg

BECOME THE MASTER! Nothing on this today, need to get it done Tuesday.

GIT GUD! Got requested to sit on the interview panel for the new casuals we'll be hiring, agreed (obvs), asked for and received their resumes and responses to the selection criteria, started reviewing them.

• Like 6

It feels really weird to "like a post" with family mental illness struggles, but even with all that going on, sounds like you did great for the day!

Re: Mental illness - there is some research that shows mental illness can run in families, so, while it definitely sucks, it might not be as unusual as it seems. 

• Like 1

That is really tough about your sister and family sorry.

Way to go on the no sodathough. I love pineapple, that is a much better choice than pop!