• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Spring Strength Showdown (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

OMG second! (so far according to Wilks)

Squat - 130kg

Bench Press - 110kg

Deadlift - 170kg

Overhead Press - 70kg (not part of it but i thought i'd try it after my deadlifts)

BW of 77kg...ish

oh and that works out at 902lbs total lift... i could be rocking a 1000lbs by the end of the year :D

oh and my mate who i went with also decided to do some benching afterwards, just to help him learn proper depth so we put on 65kg (bars are 25kg at my gym) and did a few sets i thought i'd see what i could do, managed 25 reps pretty easily as well! (could of done more but got bored :P)

congrats!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Well done all. We've proved that nerds are a force to be reckoned with regardless of the season. Hoorah!

Andy, is that beard getting longer? Do you have Samson like qualities in which the longer your (hair)beard the greater your strength? I think so...

Keep the dress. it makes you look more manly somehow...accentuates the fullness of the beard.

I was hoping you would trade the dress for your kilt :P

Beard+kilt=BAMF

So I noticed that the rankings on the spreadsheet are done overall, but actually shouldn't it be separate for men and women, as it would be in any meet? And also I see that the formula is calculated against total rather than normalized total.

Edited by gymell

So I noticed that the rankings on the spreadsheet are done overall, but actually shouldn't it be separate for men and women, as it would be in any meet? And also I see that the formula is calculated against total rather than normalized total.

Yeah that was me. I was mucking around with the rankings because I wanted to announce who won. For some reason the normalized total for some reason was not working correctly with the RANK function :(

But anyways, for the men jdanger came in first, you strong man you. And gymell was on top for the Ladies division. Congrats to you both!

Also should I break it down by weight class too?

Yeah that was me. I was mucking around with the rankings because I wanted to announce who won. For some reason the normalized total for some reason was not working correctly with the RANK function :(

I actually found it kind of interesting to see ranks in terms of both normalized and absolute strength.

Congratulations jdanger and gymell!!!

My first time trying something like this too, and it was good fun. Looking forward to another round in a few months :D

So... Bigm, when you buying us all Tees for entering the competition... that was what was going to happen right? i remember you saying that somewhere.

Honestly, cheers to everyone for entering, it was a blast no? JDanger, Gymell, well done for showing us what strong is and giving us something to aim for.