• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Spring Strength Showdown (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

I have a question about the attempts, never done this before so please excuse my ignorance.

Do we warm up and then get 4 lift attempts, uping the weight each time we make it, and take the highest cleared weight of the 4? Or do we get 4 attempts at a weight, if we make it, we can up the weight and start the 4 attempts over?

Hope that made sense :S

If we can extend the deadline to April 28 then I'm in. We're hosting a fundraiser at our box anyway, where anyone who signs up gets three tries to find max bench press and max deadlift. I'll figure out my squats somewhere in the middle.

If we can extend the deadline to April 28 then I'm in. We're hosting a fundraiser at our box anyway, where anyone who signs up gets three tries to find max bench press and max deadlift. I'll figure out my squats somewhere in the middle.

That's fine, you can do it then.

Is anyone else really excited for this?

I went to the gym today for weights (first time since being sick last week) and I gotta say, I have lost a lot of strength. Must. Train. MOAR!

Is anyone else really excited for this?

I went to the gym today for weights (first time since being sick last week) and I gotta say, I have lost a lot of strength. Must. Train. MOAR!

Yes! Mainly to see how much I can increase my DL by then. Due to a bum knee that is slowly getting better, I probably won't hit a big squat at all! Curious about my bench since I've never used a spotter and have never even attempted anything I know I wouldn't be able to handle for 5 reps.

OK, I'm all signed up! I could really use that extra 1.031 age multiplier ...

Lucky! I have a lowly .64 mutlipler. This is just another great reason I can't wait to be old!

boo. would love it if you took part anyway!

Screw it, I'm in. I'll be hitting some some heavy singles in my training, they just won't be true 1RMs.

Edited by chairohkey

Loving the new Avatar.

And because I'm only 1 day into CrossFit and have never lifted a free weight in my life.

What I'm hearing is that this is a golden opportunity to set some PRs :)

After today's workout, I'm getting even more excited. After DL'ing 405 last week as a test for my 1RM, I felt I could do more. After my workout today (including my DL warmup and 1x5 at 375), I figured, what the hell....threw on 425, and boom! Done! My new PR.....for now....I'm looking at you 2xBW!!! :-)

After today's workout, I'm getting even more excited. After DL'ing 405 last week as a test for my 1RM, I felt I could do more. After my workout today (including my DL warmup and 1x5 at 375), I figured, what the hell....threw on 425, and boom! Done! My new PR.....for now....I'm looking at you 2xBW!!! :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2417[/ATTACH]

Yup, I'm claiming last place...

post-5089-1356724349691_thumb.jpg

LOL Tigger. I already shotgunned the Wooden Spoon.

Anyhow, the fact you've got your name down means you're a beast. respect.