• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Spring Strength Showdown (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

yeah you will and we'll be awesome together. Too bad we can't train together. We'd scare the men in my gym.

Side note: last friday I was trying to figure out my 1RM on DLs and loaded 205# because I knew I could do that 2x. These dudes behind me thought it was funny and the guy was ready to take a video of my failure. He even said to his buddy "she thinks she's going to lift that". LOL - joke's on him. I lifted it 3 x. ha ha ha

yeah you will and we'll be awesome together. Too bad we can't train together. We'd scare the men in my gym.

Side note: last friday I was trying to figure out my 1RM on DLs and loaded 205# because I knew I could do that 2x. These dudes behind me thought it was funny and the guy was ready to take a video of my failure. He even said to his buddy "she thinks she's going to lift that". LOL - joke's on him. I lifted it 3 x. ha ha ha

What a jackass! I had sorta the same thing with two little bitty asian boys this morning-they were doing 40# incline bp & twisted up their faces when I started loading plates. I could see them kind of snickering. BOOM jackass! Lift that twerpy!

Ok, that was not nice of me, but yes, I absolutely LOVE the astonished looks on faces when I'm lifting-

Another funny- there was a cute lady running her butt off on a treadmill right behind me- every lift I could see her in the mirror and her eyes would get big and she'd crack a little smile...I so wanted to go ask her if she wanted to lift with me. Maybe she'll 'boob up' (as opposed to men when they say "nut up") and I'll see here with the weights soon!

I bet they didn't have a lot to say after you lifted it. Jerks!

Actually she thinks she's warming up for lifting more than that. :) Good job!

That would be an awesome gym with the two of you working to push each other. All kinds of awesomeness flying around. I think it would at least quiet some of the chatter from the biceps boys.

That would be an awesome gym with the two of you working to push each other. All kinds of awesomeness flying around. I think it would at least quiet some of the chatter from the biceps boys.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Currently I have no one to workout with- I really should make some friends IRL.....

I'm seriously diggin' the idea of a NF gym. If I had a house I'd volunteer my garage fo' sho'

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Currently I have no one to workout with- I really should make some friends IRL.....

I'm seriously diggin' the idea of a NF gym. If I had a house I'd volunteer my garage fo' sho'

LOL... I do have the huge garage, it's almost CF box big. Perhaps it could be a satellite NF gym if that ever comes about. I'm not sure how popular it would be. I'm pretty far out of town, and the only gym around here is a Snap fitness.

Actually she thinks she's warming up for lifting more than that. :) Good job!

There's a poster I've seen floating out on the internet... "somewhere, a girl is warming up with your 1RM".

These guys need to be reminded of that. ;)

Right, I've had my go. Tl;dr: 160/90/185, total 435.

Squat: Thought I'd try the low-bar squat with that overhand gripless hold and loved it. Low bar 4 life now. 140 was deep and strong, 150 pretty good, and 160 a form-compromising ugliness, but it still ended with a bang so, what the hell, 170? Nope, 170 got stuck in the hole and had to be ditched. For a good deep squat, that's a solid PR. So: 160kg / 350lb.

Bench: Was hoping for 95 or better, but 90 took two attempts to go up, so that wasn't going to happen. A little annoyed, but it's still a 1-rep PR over previous 85kg. So: 90kg / 200lb.

Deadlift: Now, I'm on a total of 250kg and the other week I got 200kg in deadlift, so I know I can do that. If I do 205, that's 455 for 1000lbs. Surely the only game in town. I lay in a banker of 185kg, then jump straight to try for 205. Nope. Fails twice, which I guess means PRs don't just come for wishing. This little bit of gamesmanship has nobbled my total, but hey. So: 185kg / 407lb.

I'm delighted with my squat improvement, okay-happy with my bench, and the deadlift wasn't a disaster for any reason except my choices. :)

Here's some video!

http://youtu.be/7oAn8oYENz8

There's a poster I've seen floating out on the internet... "somewhere, a girl is warming up with your 1RM".

These guys need to be reminded of that. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2761[/ATTACH]

post-645-13567243614067_thumb.jpg

post-645-13567243614067_thumb.jpg

Nice job, Andy! That 185 was really close. I think you needed just one more week for the meet. Fall virtual meet ftw, and maybe you'll be close to 1100# by then :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2761[/ATTACH]

wow, dems be some biiiiiig quads!

i'm doing the lifts tomorrow so i'll post then (i may come across as a right 'bro' (better bench then squat :S) because my squat's crappy due to a hip injury, my deadlift and bench should make up for it hopefully)

After 200 earlier in the month I'm cool with missing 205 right now. It'll come, I have no doubt.

I was tempted to break out a kilt, but not with that bench camera angle. :)

I was tempted to break out a kilt, but not with that bench camera angle. :)

LOL, you're leaving me hanging, brother!

Wait... that came out wrong.

I got a Sport Kilt (synthetic fabric, velcro!) for a Highland Games triathlon some years back - which got a cheer even if I was nearly last. It comes out when a level of folly needs adding, or there are Scots around.

Gotta say, seeing Mr Gates's and Anivair's videos before heading to the gym definitely put me into a better mindset about getting some numbers up. I wasn't expecting anything great, coming off a cut and out of the gym for the past two weeks due to work. Dropped 10lbs off of my bench and squat while dead lift remained the same.

Mehh... time to start eating again. That makes these so much more fun for me.

And JDanger, I don't think anyone is catching you, bro-seph.

I was peeved I didn't PR in bench last night so I went back today. Ha ha ha nailed it. Too bad it doesn't count:

95#

105# pr

110# woot! PR

I was peeved I didn't PR in bench last night so I went back today. Ha ha ha nailed it. Too bad it doesn't count:

95#

105# pr

110# woot! PR

I vote it counts

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OMG second! (so far according to Wilks)

Squat - 130kg

Bench Press - 110kg

Deadlift - 170kg

Overhead Press - 70kg (not part of it but i thought i'd try it after my deadlifts)

BW of 77kg...ish

oh and that works out at 902lbs total lift... i could be rocking a 1000lbs by the end of the year :D

oh and my mate who i went with also decided to do some benching afterwards, just to help him learn proper depth so we put on 65kg (bars are 25kg at my gym) and did a few sets i thought i'd see what i could do, managed 25 reps pretty easily as well! (could of done more but got bored :P)