• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Spring Strength Showdown (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

I'll update the spreadsheet to include age formulas for masters lifters, since there's more than one of us. :)

Since I've had my squat form totally revised, I expect to drop that number -- but it'll be a shiny arse-to-the-grass golden squat of glory.

After today's workout, I'm getting even more excited. After DL'ing 405 last week as a test for my 1RM, I felt I could do more. After my workout today (including my DL warmup and 1x5 at 375), I figured, what the hell....threw on 425, and boom! Done! My new PR.....for now....I'm looking at you 2xBW!!! :-)

Dang it you caught up to me. I hate getting sick.

Somebody go to the spreadsheet, I think I deleted the person right above me- GAWD how embarrassing! I'm so sorry!!!

S'okay, we haven't started lifting yet. My awesome totals of awesomeness are safe. ;)

S'okay, we haven't started lifting yet. My awesome totals of awesomeness are safe. ;)

I am so sorry! I was trying to put in my info and baby was climbing on me & then something was gone!

I have a shoulder issue that prevents me from doing squats. does this mean i can't compete? i mean...i guess it does since i wouldn't have a number to put up so i wouldn't be able to have a total right?

this makes me sad. :(

All right, I'm in!

For a bunch of (mainly dumb) reasons, I've been debating whether to do this or not, but what the heck. If nothing else, the lower reps I've been doing to test the waters have helped me break though a mental barrier or two.

And... 2% old man bonus, ftw!

I have a shoulder issue that prevents me from doing squats. does this mean i can't compete? i mean...i guess it does since i wouldn't have a number to put up so i wouldn't be able to have a total right?

Put your name down man, its for kicks not cash.

do goblets

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I just realized there's a tshirt on the line. Good luck everyone, that thing is mine. :P

Also: can we think about doing an Olympic lifting version? I'll help on the administration end and forego any potential prizes. I think we've got enough members here working out in Weightlifting friendly gyms that we could have some decent participation.

Edited by jdanger

I just realized there's a tshirt on the line. Good luck everyone, that thing is mine. :P

Also: can we think about doing an Olympic lifting version? I'll help on the administration end and forego any potential prizes. I think we've got enough members here working out in Weightlifting friendly gyms that we could have some decent participation.

SEE! I want to at least have a shot. Can we all come up with some variation I can do? What if...if I can get someone to stand and hold the bar on my shoulder on the left side and I do all the lifting will you all agree to count it?

...there, took advantage of my sickday to wrangle in some McCulloch goodness. The table goes all the way to 90, so somebody invite their granny.

Sweet! Now I know my age is covered! (okay, just master class but I'll probably be the oldest chick)

What is the shoulder issue?

okay...this might be tough to describe. imagine holding a tray as if you are a waiter. stand up straight. arm directly to your side holding a tray...or the position your arm is in to hold the bar while doing a squat. that position i can do to a point but i can't get my arm back far enough without SERIOUS pain. i've been in physical therapy for it for about a month. it is the only lift or exercise (besides dips) that i can't do. it's a minor tear in my rotator cuff i'm told. anyway. I cannot reach my left arm back to grab the bar as is needed to do a squat. i just cannot do it. so...yeah.

Do you have lifting straps? You can loop them around the bar and potentially continue squatting while you work out the shoulder issue.

Like this:

For a shoulder issue moving the straps further out (towards the end of the bar) might prevent some of the pain.