• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Spring Strength Showdown (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

I'm out for this one, despite previously stating otherwise. Hired a coach to get me set straight, and this is just won't fit into the program that's been designed for me. Maybe next time :)

is it possible or okay to have right arm hold bar properly whilst left arm does a reach back over hand grip? my left shoulder WILL go that way. I'll try it tonight and see if it works for me. Will this throw off my muscle development in any bizzare way? I am trying to think of the muscles used and not sure if this will eff it up.

I'm in, although I have NO idea why I'm doing this...but I've been looking at this thread ever since it started and hemming and hawing about whether I was going to do it or not.

My numbers are sadly low, still being a noob and all, but what the hell...God hates a coward!

...God hates a coward!

BigM also hate's cowards. They don't get the softer iron fist, they get the Titanium Fist! RAWR!

Glad to have you in, can't wait to see you put up bigger numbers than you think :D

is it possible or okay to have right arm hold bar properly whilst left arm does a reach back over hand grip? my left shoulder WILL go that way. I'll try it tonight and see if it works for me. Will this throw off my muscle development in any bizzare way? I am trying to think of the muscles used and not sure if this will eff it up.

I'm not sure what you're describing but generally it is ok to perform high bar back squats with non traditional grips to work around an injury as long as you can safely support the bar and remain pain free.

Sorry guys but I'm gonna have to bow out.

With rugby season ramping up, I just don't have the time, capacity, or recovery available to attempt any max singles :(

good luck to everyone entering though!

I'm out for this one, despite previously stating otherwise. Hired a coach to get me set straight, and this is just won't fit into the program that's been designed for me. Maybe next time :)
Sorry guys but I'm gonna have to bow out.

With rugby season ramping up, I just don't have the time, capacity, or recovery available to attempt any max singles :(

good luck to everyone entering though!

This makes BigM a Sad Seal

enhanced-buzz-22099-1331845818-4.jpg

I'm not sure what you're describing but generally it is ok to perform high bar back squats with non traditional grips to work around an injury as long as you can safely support the bar and remain pain free.

okay. well i'll sign up then. :D

But what i mean is right arm normal grip. left arm...imagine reaching OVER your left shoulder to grab the bar. like an overhand grip but over the same shoulder. so...almost like you are scratching the back of your left shoulder with your left hand. make sense? or like a left handed skull crusher. but with an overhand grip to hold the bar. i hope that makes sense. okay yeah so i'm in. assuming i can even hold the bar/weight this way.

All right! Dry run tonight. I'm doing all three lifts, 2 reps at 85% of my planned max, with the 'official' lift planned for the weekend or early next week!

(Plus, I think this thread needs to get bumped again.)

Everyone ready?

Back is feeling a lot better, and I hope to be able to get back in the gym tomorrow at very low weight to see how I feel. I'll have to plan my sets for the tail end of the competition, but I'll be ready!!

Everyone ready?

Ugh, not at all. The sickness I had a while back has thrown me all out of whack. Everything is so much lower (except dead lifts) than I expect. But I got another week of training to get back into shape.

Also of note, being sick and out of the gym has given me the DOMS again. I haven't had that stuff for months. I hate this feeling. Argh....

I'm in, although I have NO idea why I'm doing this...but I've been looking at this thread ever since it started and hemming and hawing about whether I was going to do it or not.

My numbers are sadly low, still being a noob and all, but what the hell...God hates a coward!

Zombies love cowards!

Yea! Join in! We def need chicks and hey, I'm really old and not great, but this will be fun! wheeeeeee

Zombies love cowards!

Yea! Join in! We def need chicks and hey, I'm really old and not great, but this will be fun! wheeeeeee

I'm already on the list, and looking at Basic Strength Standards...I'm a gawd awful wimp!

Oh well! Rock on girls!!

I just realized there's a tshirt on the line. Good luck everyone, that thing is mine. :P

Also: can we think about doing an Olympic lifting version? I'll help on the administration end and forego any potential prizes. I think we've got enough members here working out in Weightlifting friendly gyms that we could have some decent participation.

I'd be up for that. Especially since I'm training for a real meet. :D

I don't know what type of shoulder injury you have, or how long term it is, but maybe a safety squat bar would help.

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/im-0210.html

Did this today as Monday is the beginning of a 5 week meet prep cycle and I won't be able to do it any other time in the window. I really don't bench or DL so this was a fun little diversion. I've been doing high rep SP (10x10's) to work on shoulder stability and it seems to have transferred to my bench as it was 9kg higher than the last time I played with it a few months ago.

Attempts are in the spreadsheet but I ended up hitting a 183 squat, 119 bench and a 205 dead for a 507 total - what up 1100lb club. Didn't take my last two deadlift attempts as my back was pretty well cooked by the time I got to deads and 205 felt plenty hard (also C&J'd about an hour before starting this lol and did a lot of Oly pulls this week).

Someone beat me.

:)

trying to decide when the best time to pull some heavy singles will be.

just found out about a comp may 12th so going to use this as practice :)