• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Spring Strength Showdown (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

Hey everyone, new to the forum. I want in on this. I did a max DL of 405# (184kg) last night (BW is 172/78kg). Can that count? I have video.

Plenty of time left for the comp. Go ahead and sign up on the spreadsheet (listed in spezzy's post). Always happy yo have more heavy lifters participate.

Did my lifting this morning for some birthday PRs -- I suspect that I'll still be at the lower end of the pack, but my normalized total is about 20kg higher than it was in January, so I'm pretty happy even though my squats continue to be not as good as I'd like them to be. (My bench, however, continues to be awesome and is responsible for pulling up my numbers. :) )

Hey everyone, new to the forum. I want in on this. I did a max DL of 405# (184kg) last night (BW is 172/78kg). Can that count? I have video.

I think the idea is that you do all 3 lifts in one session, like in a meet. Doing them separately can make a big difference.

Did my lifting this morning for some birthday PRs -- I suspect that I'll still be at the lower end of the pack, but my normalized total is about 20kg higher than it was in January, so I'm pretty happy even though my squats continue to be not as good as I'd like them to be. (My bench, however, continues to be awesome and is responsible for pulling up my numbers. :) )

Well done! Can see you were giving it your all, and that's awesome you got that 86.82KG deadlift after the fail!

Numbers posted! Felt good about my efforts, beat previous squat PR, matched current bench PR, but attempted to beat it, and smashed my previous deadlift PR! So I'm happy no matter the results!

Figured out as best I can my 1RM last night. Hit two PRs (squat and DL). I do this officially next week when I'll have a super spotter. I'm psyched! You all have really inspired me! Thank you.

errrrrr maybe... not really been focusing on strength recently and i've had a couple of injuries earlier in the year so i doubt i'll get much better than the last 'Meet' we did, we shall see tho

Figured out as best I can my 1RM last night. Hit two PRs (squat and DL). I do this officially next week when I'll have a super spotter. I'm psyched! You all have really inspired me! Thank you.

aim for what you think your max is as the 2nd or 3rd try. you will probably be surprised

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

aim for what you think your max is as the 2nd or 3rd try. you will probably be surprised

Thanks!! I'm hopeful. I think I had the pins set a little high for my squats last night (didn't have a spotter for that). I really struggle with BP still. DLs would have been better except I misloaded the bar for my warm up set of 10 and had too much weight so I fatigued. Still did a PR though. Ha ha ha

Need lots of advice/support. Thanks!

Alright, I did mine this morning. 285lbs/129kg on squats. I tried 295lbs/134kg on my last attempt. I did make it down, but I am not counting it, as I am pretty sure that I wasn't parallel. 140lbs/64kg on bench. 345lbs/156kg on dead lifts. All PRs. The last dead lift really didn't want to leave the ground, but I got it!

Just updated the sheet with my scores from today:

Squat: 305lbs

Bench: 195lbs

Deadlift: 395lbs

The 305 squat was pretty ugly on the way up. I tried 315 for the last attempt but failed. I did learn though how to safely bail from a squat though, which is good because I've never done it before.

Bench I was impressed with since my thumb still gives me trouble when I have a lot of weight resting on it. Didn't fail once, thankfully. No roll of shame for this guy.

Pretty down about my deadlift. This is my first time going for a 1RM and I guess I wsn't prepared for the mental strength it takes to get the bar up. Those first 12 inches everything in my body is saying "Put it down bitch!" I was so hoping to break 400lbs but it took two attempts to get 395 and 405 wasn't happening. Le sigh.....

That and being sick a couple weeks ago did not help. Ah well still fun! And I am only 105lbs away from the 1000lbs club!

Edited by bigm141414

Not bad at all. First 1RM is a marker. Gives you something to beat. If it was all sunshine and ponies, you might not have the motivation to poke Newton in the eye next time. ;)

Not bad at all. First 1RM is a marker. Gives you something to beat. If it was all sunshine and ponies, you might not have the motivation to poke Newton in the eye next time. ;)

lol :)

I think first 1RM is good for learning how to approach your 1RM lifts (coming from an experienced 1RM lifter, having tried twice now!). I found that the first time I probably tired myself out too early, too many reps on warm ups, etc. I'm sure I'll learn even more for the next time I try.

Squat: 275

Lots of power on it. Tried for 300 but collapsed like a house of cards. Very happy with 275 though. Did this in dec and got 225

Haven't updated the online doc yet. It's in tomorrow's to do list...

Okay, all, I did my lifts today. PR across the board, but that's not a shock since I rarely 1RM. Here's my video proof (filmed at Fit2Play by my lovely wife).

Quo9nboC4ALHx57XmLSlalpeWbSyu7g=

Some notes: My first deadlift is a bit off balance, but it picks up after. I really could have gotten the 395 if I'd just pushed a little harder. I didn't do any in-between weights, but my guess is that would have topped out at 385 if I'd gone slower, but it is what it is. Still 65 more pounds than I can lift at home (due to not having more than 300 pounds of weights).

The biggest shock of the night was the Squat. I do 5x5 at home and I do about 225. Breaking 300 was a shock. I did the math several times just to make sure it was right.

I love Fit2Play. Great place. Tons of fun.

I suck at bench pressing, but getting on the real rack and drawing in my shoulder blades made all the difference. I covet their bench setup.

Okay, all, I did my lifts today. PR across the board, but that's not a shock since I rarely 1RM. Here's my video proof

it won't play because of a music copyright issue :(