JustCallMeAmber approaches mid-year

14 hours ago, Deciduous said:

The achievable minimum is making me feel better about this challenge, too! I gave myself a 100% goal on a few things that I am regretting, so my new goal is to do better than last round on the repeats :)

SUPER stoked for you re weighing the butters! Making myself accountable when I'm going to eat more than allotted has always been a tough thing because it sounds like we both expect perfection/following the plan from ourselves, but I suspect you are practicing the skill that is going to make us winners in the long game. As always, I aim to emulate.

Balance is tricky! At this point I'd rather take a half step forward than not make any progress at all. One set of accessories may not do much physically, but it does help build the habit and I'm good with that for now. Doing x better than last time is a great goal!

Thanks! I am definitely still working on making that a habit, so that I automatically do it without forethought. And I hear you on the dreaded perfectionism! I realize that it is quite unrealistic to expect absolute compliance when life is rarely so black and white, yet I tend to get down on myself for failing things that I feel like I should be in control of. (I guess that means I'm a perfectionist and a control freak lol).  We will get this figured out! :D

giphy.gif

• Like 4

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

3 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

I realize that it is quite unrealistic to expect absolute compliance when life is rarely so black and white, yet I tend to get down on myself for failing things that I feel like I should be in control of. (I guess that means I'm a perfectionist and a control freak lol).  We will get this figured out! :D

You've been reading my internal monologue recently, I can see. :D 

• Like 1

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

Week 2 Summary:

Return of the Cut. 5/7. Not terrible. It's just the fact that the 2 overages were way high. Oops?

• Weigh the dang nut butter. Don’t be lazy about it. See aforementioned. Did not weigh either time. So, not yet a habit.
  • Focus on trending measurements, not scale numbers. Weigh no more than once/week. Check!

Accessories--. Minimal, but done. I’m continuing with the core/ring work began last challenge. Also done, also minimal. Deload week though, so didn't want to overdo.

Mental/personal development. I’m going to leave this a little bit open til I get a better feel for it. But I’m generally thinking something like journaling a bit.. weird things I saw today, things I am grateful for, maybe just a list of all the things I did that day, etc. Fun with a purpose. Check! Weirdest thing I saw this week was a car with a tongue. I'm guessing whoever was driving that Miata is a dog person.

I’d also like to branch out my reading a bit. Maybe for every 3 fiction books, read 1 non-fiction? Or at least some articles of interest. Finished the 3rd book, uno mas before l finish reading Steve's book. Also read a lot of articles looking for ideas of what to tweak next food-wise. Not changing anything just yet though.

Also, since I'm already slacking again, Daily Devo back in goals effective immediately. Check!

These are pretty established now, but I’m going to leave them in as a place to post my bonus points :P

• Walking. 6/7. Bonus: 6  Also had a few days over 10k, which felt good. I took Friday off to give my back a rest (below).
  • #Yoga365.7/7. Bonus: 5  Also the PVP, which is quite fun

This week was deload week, so I thought it would be a good time to try reducing intake to see if I could get the scale moving. As you may have already guessed, that did not work quite as intended. I did not reduce as steeply as the last time I tried this particular experiment, so at least I did not flame out mid-week. But by the same token, I was way hungry even right after eating lunch and obviously there were pb cravings to be dealt with. For all that I ended up +.5lb. (That sound you just heard was me banging my head on my desk.) Did not die though, so that's always good.

I tweaked my back Thursday on deadlifts because deload + tired = poor form. I promise I will respect the lift next time.

Saturday's run was interesting. I'm not sure if it was endorphin withdrawal or ranger-brain (gasp!), but I was so down at the thought of not running that I went out in the pouring rain and ran anyway. Soaked to the bone and muddy but it was actually a good (albeit slow) run.

giphy.gif

Memo to self: Whilst looking for gifs related to Loki, don't google Tom Hiddleston unless you've got a lot of time to kill, because the interwebz apparently loves them some T.H.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Deciduous said:

Epic week! Darn it on deload - like shouldn't the weights be harmless and food be easy and super light and scale cooperate? Why is it not so???

Thanks! :)

Right?! It makes logical sense, and yet..

6360430025585044781168338989_Screen%20Sh

15 hours ago, Deciduous said:

PB habit is new and I bet if you graphed progress you're on the up!!!!

I did eat PB fewer times overall last week, so that was an improvement. And measuring infrequently is still better than not at all. Just need to do the thing! It's not that much of a pain to do, just slightly more effort than I was willing to give last week.. and yesterday..

• Like 3

I did eat PB fewer times overall last week, so that was an improvement. And measuring infrequently is still better than not at all. Just need to do the thing! It's not that much of a pain to do, just slightly more effort than I was willing to give last week.. and yesterday..

I've been channeling you this week and introduced it back into my foodstuffs with the weighing mandate and a tbsp isn't a tbsp and it is so sad. Like, I prove that every few years and then forget. We can do the thing!

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

17 hours ago, Deciduous said:

tbsp isn't a tbsp and it is so sad.

278e78b1abddd5afed7fab7b51e33231c13de24a

That's pretty much it.

17 hours ago, Deciduous said:

I've been channeling you this week and introduced it back into my foodstuffs. We can do the thing!

I highly approve of this. Yes, we can do this thing! :D

giphy.gif

Weighed the PB and stayed within limits yesterday! :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

the absolute worst version of this is weighing out a half cup serving 150+ calories of ice cream *sobs uncontrollably* 

1476743209510.jpg

That's... that's... That's terrifying.

• Like 2

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

the absolute worst version of this is weighing out a half cup serving 150+ calories of ice cream *sobs uncontrollably* 

1476743209510.jpg

Excuse me, McDonald's, this is adorable, but I ordered an ice cream cone not a Christmas ornament.

It's like an ice cream vitamin or something :huh:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Excuse me, McDonald's, this is adorable, but I ordered an ice cream cone not a Christmas ornament.

It's like an ice cream vitamin or something :huh:

the french fry shot is just as bad if not worse

Happy-Meal-Fries.jpg

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

5 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

the french fry shot is just as bad if not worse

Happy-Meal-Fries.jpg

Good gravy! That is worse. They have actually started packaging and selling the freebie fries from the bottom of the to-go bags.

..Sign #138 of the apocalypse. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Deciduous said:

If I'm getting fast food treats I'm going all in

022ddb77a3c7e97892de2be459b76258.jpg

LOL! I confess I have not seen more than a couple of episodes of P&R, but their gif game is on point! And, yes, if I am going to have a treat I'm going to have a treat! (Though I usually reserve that for Christmas cookies by my Aunt. :))

9 hours ago, Alanna said:

Hello my nut butter friend! Jumping in late, but I was rewarded with all the puns :P.

Might have to swipe your journaling goal for next challenge...

*waves* Hi and welcome! And, you're welcome for the puns lol. We did tone it down after the Star Wars incident ;)

Do it! The days I felt off, it helped being able to actually see the things I did get accomplished. And it has certainly proved one thing for me; people are weird. (Except now instead of averting my gaze, I actively see the oddities.)

1 hour ago, MikeWazowski said:

LOVE!!!!!

Also, thanks for the reminder I need to get back on the measuring train for my nut butter (and ice cream, if I buy more - the last 1.5 qt container lasted <72 hours....).

I am actually a little jealous of this. I can eat the smack out of some half vanilla/ half plain greek yogurt. But ice cream just doesn't work for me any more. (Which doesn't make sense to me, since they've a very similar nutritional profile.)

• Like 3

Week 3 Summary:

Return of the Cut. 3/7. I confess I was just not in the mood to deal with this.

• Weigh the dang nut butter. Don’t be lazy about it. See aforementioned. About 50/50.
  • Focus on trending measurements, not scale numbers. Weigh no more than once/week. Weighed Saturday instead of just Sunday.

Accessories--. Nope. I’m continuing with the core/ring work began last challenge.  minimal rings, no abz.

Mental/personal development. I’m going to leave this a little bit open til I get a better feel for it. But I’m generally thinking something like journaling a bit.. weird things I saw today, things I am grateful for, maybe just a list of all the things I did that day, etc. Fun with a purpose. Straight up forgot about it twice, but otherwise done.

I’d also like to branch out my reading a bit. Maybe for every 3 fiction books, read 1 non-fiction? Or at least some articles of interest. Finished the 3rd book, uno mas before l finish reading Steve's book. Articles, yes. Haven't so much as dusted the cover of Steve's book. And the library loan expired on the 4th book, so I've no excuse there.

Also, since I'm already slacking again, Daily Devo back in goals effective immediately. 6/7

These are pretty established now, but I’m going to leave them in as a place to post my bonus points :P

• Walking. 7/7. Bonus: 6 
  • #Yoga365.7/7. Bonus: 5  Still need to get bow pose done for the PVP,

Y'all remember last week's gif? Yeah. 'Bag full of cats' crazy pretty well sums up my week 3. (I suspect I am about to be murdered by sharks.) But I am feeling much more like myself the last few days, so I am extremely grateful for that. And in spite of eating like the captain crazy-pants I was most of the week, I actually recorded a slight drop on the scale Saturday AM. It was back up Sunday, but I ate approx 1000cal of jif Saturday evening so that may have affected the readings.. I'll be curious to know where I stand at the end of this (final) week. Also, I like carbs. That is all.

source.gif

giphy.gif

Week 4. Grand finale loading...please wait..

• Like 4