The Return of Cn3wton

cn3wton

So it's hard to believe it's been so long since I have been back here. What timing I have right? Just 2 days before the challenge!

It's good to be back, good to see some old friends! And if we havent met, welcome. I have described the details of my return and my reason for leaving in my battle-log, so I wont go into that again here. But I am grateful for this community. And I have BIG plans.

Who is cn3wton?

I am a 26 year old guy with a deep love of strongman, crossfit, and good food and drink. I love challenges (anyone whose heard of Nerdhammer can attest to that) and love pushing myself to do things I never thought I could. I reached, just a few years ago, my all time low of 185lbs. Fast forward now and I am sitting at 268lbs. So I have some work to do to say the least.

The biggest thing is I want to get back to what worked for me again. What helped me lose the most weight. And that was meal prep, tracking calories, and working out at the gym 5 days a week while pushing the prowler 3 times a week.

I don't quite remember how this all works, so forgive me as this page is currently a work in progress...

Track Them Down

I need to start being accountable for what I eat. No more binges at dunkin donuts and vending machine raids without care. No matter what it is I will track what I eat and put it on MFP. If you want to follow me just search for cn3wton.

Prepare for the Journey

Food prep led me to see the best results I have ever had. Hands down. But the biggest issue I have had recently, is not just doing the prep. But actually eating the food! I need to eat what I make and not get distracted by garbage foods. I used to think of food as fuel, I need to get back to that state.

Also get back to drinking a ton of water.

Train for the coming battles. Turning weaknesses into strengths.

I have been hitting the gym minimum three times a week lately. I want to shoot for my ideal, which is five times a week monday through friday. But I will not let missing one day get me down. I am setting a minimum of 3 times a week going to crossfit. 

On top of this I will be doing extra supplemental workouts to help me with things I am currently struggling with. The following list details these things. I will pick something from this list when I have time and work on it.

• Rowing - I pull too much with my arms, getting no drive from the legs. I have to work on this.
  • Running - My cardio in general is shot. This is what I am worst at, so best get working on it.
  • Pressing - I have bad shoulders, I need to strengthen them and build the strength in that area to help, if not solve this issue. 
  • Squatting - An old knee injury has limited me when it comes to this for to long. I need to squat more to get stronger legs. No choice in the matter.

Repairing and Caring for my equipment

Back in the glory days I was feeling good, and my life was in order. I had a day set where I would clean everything, do laundry, and generally live in a nice environment. I need to get back to that. So once a week I will focus on getting back to this!

aepvdd1mjvhjolewpxpm.png

I also plan on adding some story elements to my posts when I can. 

• Like 8

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] <--Current Challenge

Hello! I love the "caring for equipment" quest - I often find that when I'm eating well and exercising, I'm also more likely to stay on top of dishes/housework. And when I don't stay on top of the house stuff, I feel sluggish and apathetic in other areas too. 

You got this!

• Like 1

Multiclassed Knife Dancer [Warrior Monk Range-sassin and Druid-in-training]

"Tiny, but FIERCE!" -The Dresden Files

CHALLENGE FIVE HERE!

Spoiler

These are all old:

Challenges: 1 | 2 3 | 4 

Post-CNF2015 Battle Log

Say hi IRL: Instagram Facebook NF Profile

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

Following for big plans

Awesome glad to have you here! I actully just rolled out my first big plan!

21 minutes ago, Virago said:

Hello! I love the "caring for equipment" quest - I often find that when I'm eating well and exercising, I'm also more likely to stay on top of dishes/housework. And when I don't stay on top of the house stuff, I feel sluggish and apathetic in other areas too. 

You got this!

I have learned that caring about the things you own go hand in hand with caring about yourself. It's not enough to just workout and eat well, but those certainly help!

17 minutes ago, Evicious said:

This looks like an excellent challenge, with SMART goals. :D I'm too am aiming to restart meal prep, 5 days a week in the gym, and getting my house back in order. Following along!

Awesome good to have you!

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

I just rolled out my first "big plan".

Reviving the lost game of Nerdhammer. If you like systems that encourage you to exercise to play games I highly suggest you check it out!

I am looking for people to help me test it out and this first challenge will serve as a "beta test" for the game.

• Like 6

Welcome back. I look forward to watching you resurrect your badrangerassery. (We may have added a few words to the Ranger Lexicon in your absence)

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome back, sir! Good to see ya man.

Not sure if you remember me, I was Wolfenstein back during Nerdhammer days lol.

pujmvovhiq1aznzgz9kw.gif

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

35 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Welcome back, sir! Good to see ya man.

Not sure if you remember me, I was Wolfenstein back during Nerdhammer days lol.

pujmvovhiq1aznzgz9kw.gif

Wolf

Good to see you sir! It's good to catch up with folks from those days! 

Speaking of nerdhammer! Its back! Hope you will join us!

• Like 1

So it's going to be tough this weekend starting the challenge. I will be camping for memorial day but I will start this challenge off right!

Just thought I'd poke my head in and say hi. Found your Nerdhammer thread via the Guildhall and figured I'd come on over and check out your challenge. I love your goals. Meal Prep and tracking are two things I really need to get a handle on as well. ;)

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

Back from a weekend of camping. While there where quite a few issues was still a good weekend spent with family. I decided early on that today and tomorrow would be my own unofficial start to the challenge. So here I am, raring to go.

Track Them Down

Tracking completed starting 5/29. Doesn't mean I ate well. But dammit its one there.

Prepare for the Journey

I will be meal prepping after work tomorrow. I will be compiling a shopping list at work so I can go ahead and do it unfocused. Unless the gym has a workout scheduled that I really can't miss (like dead lift, or cleans, or strongman) I will be working out at home. I have to get my nutrition back on track, and I know that it is very unlikely I will prep if I don't do it right after work.

I have decided to start doing certain movements at break during work. Mainly squats and push ups. My coworker seems to want to join me. Get me some practice on the push ups and further my goal of conquering the world of NerdHammer! If your wondering what that is, check out the link in my signature.

I will be cleaning up and putting everything away from the weekend. Starting this week of right and not in a pile of dirty clothes and stuff.

I am so ready to get moving with this challenge. My plan for tomorrow is to get a salad for lunch, and take a protein shake for a snack/breakfast. Moving back to intermittent fasting. It has worked for me in the past, and I know the combo of meal prep, IF, and crossfit/strongman is my key to success. 

• Like 2

The man sat at the far end of the bar nearest the hearth. Empty mugs strewn about him with numerous plates of food half eaten. The large bearded man was alone, purposefully seated away from the others in the small low lit tavern. He wore a loose, dark black cloak, but it did little to hide his gut. His hair and beard had not been tended to in quite some time.

He ate quickly, calling for drink after drink. He was kind enough, smiling timidly at the cute young barmaid who served him. But every time she went to help another customer his mood soured again. He would tell himself to remember, she was kind because that was her job. He picked up a large piece of chicken leg and shoved it into his mouth. Drowning it with his newly delivered ale before he even had a chance to swallow.

The door swung open, the cold air of the night blew in with it. The patrons inspected the newcomers. It was a small, young, rag tag group of adventurers. The man quickly turned, his heart in his chest. They wore the guild crest, but they where new surely they did not recognize him. He had been gone for years. He looked down at his gut, pulling his long cloak around and pressing it between himself and the bar in an attempt to conceal himself. 

He ate faster, casting quick glances at the small group of adventurers. It seemed as if they had just returned from a long adventure. But while they seemed tired their faces where full of joy. They shared tales from their adventure to all who would listen and sang songs. One of them drew a small sack of coin and tossed it to the bar maid. "A round of drinks for all!" A cheer followed and the woman smiled. She nodded and began delivering drinks to all those around. She had saved the large man, for last. Why had she served him last? He wondered. He was at the bar after all. He began to grow angry and when she delivered the drink with a smile he grabbed it quickly and drained it, slamming it to the bar and demanded another. She looked hurt and the figure cast his eyes down as she moved away.

Again he looked to the group of adventurers. His heart heavy. Often he had been like them. Sharing the joys of a long difficult adventure with his comrades. Where were they now he wondered? The group looked at him and he quickly turned away. Had they seen him? Recognized him? He heard them talking among themselves. Where they talking about him? He grew nervous. The bar maid was walking over but the man couldnt take it any longer. He dropped a gold piece onto the bar and turned to leave, throwing the hood of his cloak up over his head to try to hide his face. The bar maid started to call out to him but he would not listen. He moved towards the door as it was flung open. 

Men, armed with swords and daggers entered the room. People screamed. The adventurers tried to draw their weapons but it was obvious. These men had come for them, and they would be on the group before they would have any chance. 

The man did not hesitate, he shoved a large table at the group, pushing it into them and pinning them to wall. His strength was one of the few things he had not lost. The men continued to pour in, and one swung a sword at him. He ducked, feeling the ill used muscles in his back and legs twinge at the effort. But he ignored it, driving through his legs and smashing his own head into the mans chin sprawling him out onto the ground.

The figured pinned against the wall struggled to get leverage and free themselves as their friends began to circle the large man. He gritted his teeth, letting out a deep roar at them. Daring them to come take him. He had been through far worse than these.

But the adventurers came to his aid. And the attackers where quickly forced to withdraw. The big man breathed heavy as the adrenaline left him. The others began stowing their weapons, discussing what had happened. The bar maid moved to the large man and embraced him, thanking him. He flushed, muttered something to her. She stepped away smiling, but the large man cast his head down and left before drawing anymore wanted attention.

As the man left the bar maid looked to the adventurers, who watched as the man left. "Who was that, where is he going?" The adventurers turned to each other, wondering if any of them had recognized the man. None had, but all agreed it was best to leave the man alone for now.

The large man walked slowly through the dark, dank night trying to recover his breathing. His cloak was torn barely concealing his tight fitting pants and undershirt. Why had he left? Why not share a drink with those he had fought besides like the good old days. He muttered to himself, until he came upon another tavern, this one even darker and drearier than the last. He threw open the door, went up to the bar away from everyone. And ordered food and another drink...

• Like 6

Did 20 push ups at a slight incline on break during work. My coworker didnt do them with me but I was not going to fall behind on my road to the conquest of nerdhammer! Also turning this weakness into a strength...

All the creaks and pops from my shoulders and elbows. but I feel great and will keep it going!

Same idea at the next break!

• Like 5

Its good to be getting back into the swing of things on here. Been reaching out to the other guilds. Trying not to lurk in just the Rangers guild anymore.

Looking up some good recipes on break too. Actually looking forward to meal prep again!

• Like 1

5/30/17

Track Them Down

First full day of tracking went well. I ate a bit more than I would have liked but still fit in my Macros. I tend to buy myself some kind of healthy treat on shopping days for meal prep. This time it was Yasso greek yogurt ice cream bars...

But still within my calorie budget and macros.

Prepare for the Journey

Meal prep went pretty well. I kept it super simple and it will only last me a few days. But I bought a rotisserie chicken and have a good portion of that left for dinner. Then for lunch I made "healthy" chicken sandwiches. I bought a good multi grain bread, toasted it, with chicken, veggies, 1 slice of cheese, a little bit of organic mayo, and cherry peppers. Next time i make it I will be omitting the mayo. Any kind of bread makes me nervous TBH. I use it as kind of a crutch. Even though its healthier for me and can fit in my macros I tend to think that its a stepping stone to worse things. But I am going to try and stick to my guns and only have it at lunch or breakfast. Once it starts popping up more frequently or at dinner I know I cant handle it.

I would just like to take a second and thank god for steamfresh vegetables and tyson chicken. These companies really got their shit together. Steamfresh veggies are amazing, and they are coming up with healthier and healthier snack options. They even have zuchinni noodles now! And tyson released healthier breaded chicken now! So when I want a bit of that fix I can have a couple pieces of it and not feel horrible afterwards!

Thanks to nerdhammer I have been doing a lot of small sets of squats, push ups, and lunges throughout the day. My bad knee and shoulders make these movements not so comfortable unless I stretch. Back in the day they werent a problem. But after my unfortunate wieght gain I am back to square one with these. 

But hey if I am doing push ups and squats with more body weight when i lose it I will be stronger! Right?

Got the oil changed in the car and replaced some filters and stuff that needed to be done. Cleaning it out will be this weeks "project"

• Like 3

The large ranger stumbled into his home not long before the sun was to rise. Shoving things aside in his stupor he moved to his bed. Looking into the cracked mirror he summed himself up. Touching his beard and hair, frowning. How far he had fallen.

Pulling his ruined cloak from his back his shirt finally gave way, unable to support the burden any longer it ripped at its seem. The large mans heart sank. He slumped onto the bed, and stared at the bottle of strong alcohol sitting there, along with a half eaten loaf of bread. He reached out, intent to finish each. But he stopped. His hand shook, tears came to his eyes. 

Knocking the contents of the table to the ground with a swing of his arm he raged. The bottle smashed, alcohol seeping into the floor boards he began upturning the contents of his small home. Blind with anger and regret he barely managed to hear as something small and metallic dropped to the floor. 

He reached down... it was his emblem. Given to him after he had entered the guild. He closed his fist around it. A symbol of pride now turned to one of shame. He slammed it into the ground over and over. Drawing blood from his hand. Then he stopped as blinding light struck his eyes.

The sun, just beginning to crest over the horizon spilled through the window. Looking around then to his hand he slowly began to stand. Blinking tears from his eyes he heard a knock at the door.

Few knew where he lived, and none of them were welcome sights. He wiped his face clear and went to the door. Prepared for the worst. He threw it wide and was surprised to see a large group of people, all with the crest pinned to their dark cloaks. The figure before him smiled at him, despite the large man state.

"It's been a long time brother. Come, you are not alone." Hand outstretched, true genuine smiles spread across all in attendance. The large man noticed the small group of adventurers from before among the crowd.

The large man looked down and opened his hand, staring at the emblem now covered in his own blood. He choked back a sob as tears began to roll down his red cheeks again. 

"You were never alone..."

• Like 6

Awesome narrative. And by the way,

No.

Ranger.

Stands.
Alone.

• Like 5

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

No.

Ranger.

Stands.
Alone.

The biggest secret to our individual success right here. Rangers have each other's back, always.

And I love your narrative! 

• Like 4

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

5/31/17

Track Them Down

Tracking went well despite some unexpected excitement at the house. Hit the range of calories and macros I was shooting for! Felt great at the gym. Things are looking up!

Prepare for the Journey

Food will last me the rest of the day, enough stuff in the fridge to do quick prep to get me to the weekend. Happy with how this is progressing!

Continuing to work on lunges, air squats, and push ups during free times at work. Also Got to the gym early and did some "fun" stuff. Farmers carry's and circus dumbbell. 

Started cleaning out my car, but then a stray dog wandered into our yard. He was super friendly and kept trying to jump in my car so I had to stop this early. But I did get a bunch of it sorted so far. Didn't find the poor guys family until about 11pm though.

More in depth ramblings in the battle log, as always.

• Like 4

6/1/17

Track Them Down

Tracking spot on.

Prepare for the Journey

Food went well. Tomorrow is my first real test as I go out to eat for lunch with the big wigs...

Continuing to work on lunges, air squats, and push ups during free times at work. Also Got to the gym early and did stone to shoulder and battle ropes in an amrap.

Nothing to report...

The large man was roused early from his slumber by the training horn. He sighed, working his sore muscles from the previous day.

He had done this all before? Was it really this bad back then? No he thought. He was in better shape when he joined the first time. 

His knees cracked as he stood, pulling his clothes on even pained him. But he would not let his comrades down. He stepped out into the courtyard.

"You are to run to the top of that mountain" the ranger said as he pointed to the mountain not far from town. Best get a move on.

The large man groaned. Running was not his strong suit. And it was a few miles to just the base of the mountain.

All the other trainees took of like an arrow, heading straight to the mountain.

The large man ducked his head and moved as fast as his legs would carry him.

Dinner tine was winding down. Everyone sharing stories and laughing around the fires. The door swung open with a crash as it struck the wall. 

A large dark figure stepped in. Caked in filth and sweat the large man entered the room. Rasping, barely able to move his feet. Noticing that all the food had apparently been taken away.

The gathered crowd began to cheer, clapping and putying their hands on his shoulder for support. He tried to smile, but he wanted nothing more than to eat. As if on queue his stomach grumbled as the large man looked about for any scraps.

The nearest rangers heard this and smiled. "Well now, time to eat!" He clapped hand and servers began bringing out large trays of meat, roasted vegetables, and a dark herb tea to drink.

The large man grinned from ear to ear in realization. They had waited for him! They offered him a seat at the table near the center and the chatter began anew.

He was home.

• Like 7

Loving your narrative. Strong start to your challenge.

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Loving your narrative. Strong start to your challenge.

Thanks you!

6/1/17

Track Them Down

Tracking spot on.

Prepare for the Journey

Food went great! Enjoyed my meal despite not getting my usual.

Pushed the prowler a bunch today to get my endurance back up to par. Going to need to start doing more leg stretches and stuff. They are feeling better but still tight.

Nothing to report...

• Like 2