The Return of Cn3wton

cn3wton

Track Them Down

Tracking spot on.

Prepare for the Journey

Stopping to get simple food for prepping shortly.

Train for the coming battles. Turning weaknesses into strengths.

Lazy weekend means no training yet. It's raining out but I'm considering doing sprints or something. Not set on anything yet. 

Repairing and Caring for my equipment

Not really specific to this goal but along the same line of taking pride in myself and my belongings.

I went clothes shopping sunday. It was quite sobering. Remembering the struggles of seeing if they even have clothes in my size, or if they fit right. Shirts have always given me trouble, even when I was 185 lbs. 

I found some clothes that fit, but it was a real gut punch. 

Also got new workout shoes. Which I've nedded. Queue me over thinking things when talking to the salesman. I keep thinking what they must think of this fat guys story. Probably something along the lines of "crossfit must not be that tough..." he was super helpful and friendly so it's just me over thinking but still.

• Like 4

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] <--Current Challenge

Track Them Down

Tracking spot on.

Prepare for the Journey

I have found some amazing stuff I have to share. The amazing folks at Tysons have released grilled chicken nuggets! A great way to catch up if you don't have time to prep.

They also have premium breaded chicken nuggets that only have 7g golf carbs. Shake um up in hit sauce and they are delicious.

These two things plus veggies have become my staple meals.

Continuing to throw in reps of push ups and squats at work has been helping, along with getting to the gym early for accessory work.

Did a bunch of lsundry and will be cleaning up my room and gym bag.

• Like 3

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Track Them Down

Tracking spot on. Though the last few days food choices haven't been the greatest...

Prepare for the Journey

Very bad here.  I have the stuff but I really need to make breakfast for myself. Then I will be right back on track.

No time for extra stuff at the gym, but have been doing extra exercises during the day at work.

Nothing to report...

• Like 3

Track Them Down

Tracking has fallen off, jumping back on the wagon today! Even though food choices are piss poor again...

Prepare for the Journey

This has fallen to the side, time to bring this back!

Long days at work and other appointments have kept me from the gym this week. Have been doing stuff at home and during work though! Not letting everything fall apart I guess! 

Nothing...

The Large Ranger pulled the cloak around his head and slipped out the doorway, ensuring he was not followed. Weaving his way down back alleys and avoiding lighted areas every step silenced the nagging voices in his head. He was sore from the training, and hungry, god was he hungry. He was set on purchasing an entire pie and a whole cask of ale for dinner. He had worked hard, he had earned it right?

He slipped into the inn, keeping his cloak up he moved directly to the bar. The barmaid came over, smiling in recognition. She thanked him for the other day and he shied away. Muttering his reply under his breath, and his order. Her smile broke for just a second as she looked over the large man, and seemed to visibly. Sure thing sir, I'll bring it right out.

The man grew nervous as time passed, certain he would be discovered. But no one came. He thanked the barmaid and began to pay when she shook her head. 

"It's on the house sir, enjoy your dinner." 

He was taken back by her generosity. He nodded shyly and began to leave the bar, once again ensuring his cowl was pulled high. The pie was wrapped in cloth, his cask slung under his shoulder was heavy and full to the brim. He smiled on the outside, but on the inside he cursed himself for his weakness. Knowing he was going to eat it. Knowing that no matter what he did now nothing would stop him from devouring the entire pie and all of the ale in a single sitting. 

He hated himself for that.

The man made his way back to the compound, finding a storage shed to hide in and eat. He curled up in a corner behind a few barrels, and began to unwrap his food.

"Whats that friend?"

The man nearly jumped out of his skin. He looked up at the man he had not seen and his face paled. It was one of his old adventuring companions. He had not seen him in years. He tried to hide his head in shame.

"I just got back, I have missed you. How have you been?" The figure smiled. The large man looked him over, the man had changed. He was tone and athletic. He wanted to snap back. How did he think he had been? Was he mocking him? Surely he could see the state he was in... 

The figure moved to sit before the large man could protest. "It has not been the same without you, I am glad your back!" The Large man was shocked. Was it pity, was that why he was here? Before he knew it his friend had snatched up the package and had partially unwrapped it.

In his horror the large man tried to stop him but was too late. The wrapping fell away, revealing a cooked chicken with vegetables. 

"A good choice friend! Mind if I join you!" The large man opened the cask, smelling it. It was tea. No wonder it had taken the bar maid so long to get everything. 

"Of course you can... Friend"

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

As much as I enjoy this narrative, I dare say you fare better with writing the darker stuff ;)

Yea probably! lol

• Like 1

Track Them Down

Tracking will start tomorrow. I have a big party tonight and will enjoy myself.

Prepare for the Journey

This has fallen to the side, time to bring this back!

Great workout at the gym last night, revealed a lot of weaknesses too however... Got it in though 

Nothing...

I have also signed up for a competition in september. The currently announced workouts are

Workout 1

6 min 

40 Calories on Bike as a team

30 Calories on the Ski Erg as a team

20 Calories on the Rower as a team

Remaining time burpees over rail.

Workout 2

12 Tire flips

60 fat rope single unders

8 Tire Flips

60 Fat Rope Single Unders

4 Tire Flips

60 Fat Rope Single Unders

6 Min Time Cap

Tire is 400lbs, both partners can help with the flip in the scaled division.

• Like 4

I liked your narrative! Cool news that Tyson has grilled chicken nuggets. That competition looks intense. Way to go for signing up for it.

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

3 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I liked your narrative! Cool news that Tyson has grilled chicken nuggets. That competition looks intense. Way to go for signing up for it.

Thanks! I am hoping that having something to focus on will keep me in check.

My partner and I have an agreement. I have to workout out 4 times a week, and the owner of the gym is going to keep track. Unless something really extreme happens if I miss I have to cover his costs for the competition. But if I stay fully committed he will cover my cost to enter. 

I am really looking forward to it.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, cn3wton said:

My partner and I have an agreement. I have to workout out 4 times a week, and the owner of the gym is going to keep track. Unless something really extreme happens if I miss I have to cover his costs for the competition. But if I stay fully committed he will cover my cost to enter. 

Sounds like really good motivation! 

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

Not sure why I never found your challenge before. I like the narrative, but it cuts just a little too close to home.  That ranger was me for far too long.

Following!

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Track Them Down

Tracking has started again.

Prepare for the Journey

Yesterday food prep went well. Today I have made plans to eat healthy so that's an adequate substitute in my mind.

Working on a plan/menu to really start helping to get me organized.

This has shifted towards training for my upcoming competition and focusing on endurance. So a win win! 

Cleaned the garbage out of my car and changed out a couple filters. 

I fell off the wagon a bit but my foot got caught in one of the wheels and dragged me with it. Managed to get back on though. I am going to set up a menu and start prepping those things. I am going to pick 4 things, and that is all I want to prep for at least the next month. I will also have 2 breakfast options.I know that if I keep it simple and have things to eat on hand I will stay on track, I just have to get my plan together.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, cn3wton said:

I fell off the wagon a bit but my foot got caught in one of the wheels and dragged me with it. Managed to get back on though. I am going to set up a menu and start prepping those things. I am going to pick 4 things, and that is all I want to prep for at least the next month. I will also have 2 breakfast options.I know that if I keep it simple and have things to eat on hand I will stay on track, I just have to get my plan together.

Before I started meal prepping, I'd have said a menu of only 4 things was hopelessly boring... now, it's pretty much what I do (when I'm at home, anyway!) Way to go on getting back on the wagon again :) 

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

7 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Before I started meal prepping, I'd have said a menu of only 4 things was hopelessly boring... now, it's pretty much what I do (when I'm at home, anyway!) Way to go on getting back on the wagon again :) 

It helps me transition into the food for fuel mindset!

• Like 1

Track Them Down

Tracking has started again.

Prepare for the Journey

Healthy food planned for the day. I'll call that a win.

Nothing yesterday, except pushing myself as hard as I could on the rower. So maybe that counts?

Nothing to report.

Just went on a short journey of self thought on my battle-log about crossfit if you wanna check it out.

Got a convention this weekend so won't be too hard on myself food wise but will still keep it in control somewhat.

• Like 2

Very much a win to have planned out the food. I like your idea of keeping it simple.

• Like 1

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Track Them Down

Tracking has been shakey at best...

Prepare for the Journey

Made a plan with a guy last night who owns a meal prepping business. Will be implementing it ASAP.

Did some lifting in the back to work on stuff not programmed through the week.

Nothing to report...

I will be attending a convention this weekend. A couple of friends and I started a gaming company. We have a few minis produced that we cast ourselves, and are working on a lot of art and a few gaming projects. It's very much a side thing at the moment. But it's fun and I love doing it. Hopefully after I get home from this I can get my food prepped, but if not I will have to do it monday.

Ive decided its about time to write up another story, still haven't decided on if I should name the "Large Ranger". I probably should. While it is loosely based on me it is obviously a dramatization. But cn3wton doesn't really flow into a story that well... Guess I will have to think on it.

I am extremely happy with how my training is going. Now all I need is to get nutrition on track and I know I will be more than ready for the competition in September.

• Like 3

I have been sick since the convention, so not much progress on anything. Just wanted to post here so people know I have not vanished.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cn3wton said:

I have been sick since the convention, so not much progress on anything. Just wanted to post here so people know I have not vanished.

Sorry to hear that. Take care and feel better soon.

• Like 1