NerdHammer - Age of Darkness

2 hours ago, Elennare said:

This looks awesome.  I would like to join for the next go-round!

You are more than welcome to join as a mercenary if you would like. I gave details abut it a few posts ago!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Love the new tracker!! Can't wait to get started with it. 

Question - If we do a specific cardio workout that nets us over 5000m in one session and then do that workout again - can we count that as a workout? For example - if I run 5000 meters in one workout - count that as the 5000m total - and then run again, can that count as a separate workout or do I just ignore it for tracking?

• Like 1

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

2 minutes ago, Asa Pond said:

Love the new tracker!! Can't wait to get started with it. 

Question - If we do a specific cardio workout that nets us over 5000m in one session and then do that workout again - can we count that as a workout? For example - if I run 5000 meters in one workout - count that as the 5000m total - and then run again, can that count as a separate workout or do I just ignore it for tracking?

You can count it as a workout!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Since I'm onboard and working out,. but really swamped with life to the point where I can't get into the details of recruiting and RP, is it possible to use the mercenary rule for my army?

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

There's a soft electronic chirp and a shimmer in the air as a man appears from nowhere in Kingsman HQ's operations center. He's thin with wiry muscle, dressed in a black bodysuit, and equipped with belts and bandoliers sporting an array of high-tech equipment and a pair of long knives made of some nonreflective material. He adjusts a control at his wrist as he powers down his cloaking field. Half a dozen figures behind him do likewise, one by one.

"Agent Pond? I'm codename Morgan, commanding LeFay Squad. We specialize in dark ops, asset extraction, wet work, and efficient removal of ... obstacles. We've been seconded to you for the duration." He hands over an encrypted USB drive. "Our dossiers are all on here, mum. I think you'll find my bona fides in order."

I'm signing on as a mercenary on team Kingsman and @Asa Pond. Do I log exercise on her team sheet or start my own?

• Like 3

"We can be heroes"

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Since I'm onboard and working out,. but really swamped with life to the point where I can't get into the details of recruiting and RP, is it possible to use the mercenary rule for my army?

Certainly! Just focus on kicking butt in RL and I'll make sure you kick butt in Nerdhammer!

1 hour ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I'm signing on as a mercenary on team Kingsman and @Asa Pond. Do I log exercise on her team sheet or start my own?

Welcome, please start your own sheet for tracking.

• Like 3

Okay another question.  For the time exercises i know Yoga and Planks and such count what about Stretching routines? I have a routine I try to do everyday takes about 10 minutes does that count?

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Myrik said:

Okay another question.  For the time exercises i know Yoga and Planks and such count what about Stretching routines? I have a routine I try to do everyday takes about 10 minutes does that count?

Yes that will count. If you are actively taking time to really try and stretch.

10 minutes ago, Elennare said:

I'll join in as a mercenary, but I'm having some trouble finding the spreadsheet and map (maps?). Would someone be so kind as to link them again or let me know which post they're in?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KNsaCQ72fNwlrWMRV0G4kSzJDkgtD2SYjx0iykHAJno/edit#gid=0

it is a hyperlink in the first post as well. It can be reached by clicking "the spreadsheet".

We have a few folks interested in being mercenaries! Which is great. Please reach out to a faction you would like to join. Currently the only unavailable faction would be the kingsmen, as they already have mercenaries.

23 minutes ago, cn3wton said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KNsaCQ72fNwlrWMRV0G4kSzJDkgtD2SYjx0iykHAJno/edit#gid=0

it is a hyperlink in the first post as well. It can be reached by clicking "the spreadsheet".

We have a few folks interested in being mercenaries! Which is great. Please reach out to a faction you would like to join. Currently the only unavailable faction would be the kingsmen, as they already have mercenaries.

Thanks!  I have an idea of who I would like to offer my support to, but I wanted to look the stuff over first.  I'll have my official "joining the game" post hopefully by tomorrow. :)

• Like 1

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Major Iwashite Yaroka looked out of his cockpit at the strange pulsating energy field to his starboard side.  He and his squadron had been sent here to investigate what was believed to be the home world of the Zentraedi, but so far they been unable to find any evidence that had ever inhabited this quandrant.  He had been here searching for a fortnight and was about to return home when the energy field first appeared.  

3 days ago he had his Lieutenant, Menchi Kiru, fired a few probes at it but they appeared to have been absorbed into it on contact, without even the trace of a signal emanating back out.  

"It seems to be some kind of portal, sir" he heard Menchi's voice crackle over the coms.  "Only one way to find out" the Major replied.  "I am not willing to risk any of your lives over this, though.  I am going to attempt to fly though it and if you hear nothing from me in 24 hours I want you to take the squadron home and deliver the mission report to the General".

"Negative sir" the voice crackled back "we go where you go!  Don't think you can ditch us so easily"

"very well," the Major replied "but I am not forcing anyone into this.  Check with the rest of squadron and let them know that anyone who wants to go back is welcome to do so, no questions asked.  Make sure they understand that could be a one-way trip"

"Aye sir!"

After a few minutes, the Lieutenants voice came back over the coms.  "the squadron is with you, 100% sir"  Iwashite was not surprised.  He knew his crew and the only thing they liked more than adventure and danger, was the camaraderie within the Shirobake Squadron.

"OK, send out the order to form up on me in attack formation.  We will initiate our approach in T-8 minutes.

As they passed through the energy field, the first thing Major Yaroka noticed was the massive obelisk just on the other side of the portal, surrounded by what appeared to be heavily armed and armoured warriors.  Circling around the obelisk in wide arc, the Major took note of a number of armies deploying for battle. 

"Looks like we got here just in time for the action" Menchi commented excitedly, his voice betraying the cool, detached demeanor he usually maintained.

The squadron circled the prospective battlefield taking measure of the various factions.  "I don't recognize any of these armies.  To whom should we align ourselves?" Menchi ventured cautiously

The voice of Hara Pechanko blasted over the coms "I don't know, but that guy in the red leather jacket over in the southwest quadrant sure was cute".

The Major could see in his mind the expression on Menchi's face, a tightening of the eyes, a slight twitch in his neck and a blue vein throbbing on his left temple.  Menchi had little patience for Hara's antics, but Iwashite had learned to trust her intuition.  Her gut instincts were rarely wrong.

"Following your lead, Hara" the Major replied as they turned the squadron towards the Southwest.

WhiteGhost's Mercenary Shirobake Squadron of VF Valkyries aligns with DarK_RaideR and his Host of Shambling Undead 

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Anyone else finding they're doing more exercise than before to get more resources? Only week two, but NerdHammer has definitely been the push I needed. I can now manage 4 push-ups in a row (something I never thought I'd say, took me long enough to reach 1!) and I've found if I've got a few minutes free at home, I'll go hold a plank or, like today, do some sit-ups. Thanks so much for starting this up @cn3wton

• Like 6

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

2 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Anyone else finding they're doing more exercise than before to get more resources? Only week two, but NerdHammer has definitely been the push I needed. I can now manage 4 push-ups in a row (something I never thought I'd say, took me long enough to reach 1!) and I've found if I've got a few minutes free at home, I'll go hold a plank or, like today, do some sit-ups. Thanks so much for starting this up @cn3wton

This is the biggest reason why I restarted this! The drive to get that one more troop to finish off the army really pushes you to do more every day. I too have noticed a difference in my ability with push ups and squats.

Glad to see I am not the only one!

• Like 2

Just a heads up. If you havent updated your sheet already or are a merc and havent created one yet here is the link to the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KNsaCQ72fNwlrWMRV0G4kSzJDkgtD2SYjx0iykHAJno/edit?usp=sharing

if you have any questions please let me know! 

As well if you are a faction leader and have not deployed your troops on the world map yet you have the remainder of the day to do so. If you prefer I can deploy them for you. I will be doing this tomorrow to keep everything up!

As well I will be updating the first post today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Anyone else finding they're doing more exercise than before to get more resources?

100%. I've done a ton more body weight reps just to throw higher numbers up on the board. It's amazing how something so small (wellll not small - @cn3wton has done a ton of work), helps so much.  

• Like 6

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

3 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Just a heads up. If you havent updated your sheet already or are a merc and havent created one yet here is the link to the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KNsaCQ72fNwlrWMRV0G4kSzJDkgtD2SYjx0iykHAJno/edit?usp=sharing

if you have any questions please let me know! 

As well if you are a faction leader and have not deployed your troops on the world map yet you have the remainder of the day to do so. If you prefer I can deploy them for you. I will be doing this tomorrow to keep everything up!

As well I will be updating the first post today.

Are we only deploying the troops we earned last week or can we include this week's troops as well?

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Are we only deploying the troops we earned last week or can we include this week's troops as well?

only last weeks.

49 minutes ago, Grumble said:

*is confused* Everything we earned in zero and week 1 are what we can deploy. We cannot deploy anything we earn this week until next week?

The ones earned this week will be deployed and moved this friday. The units currently on the maps are the ones that where recruited last week. 

My current idea is this. Friday everyone deploys newly recruited troops, and then moves them (including the exsisting ones) through pm. Saturday morning I will review your instructions and what everyone has recruited. After determining where everyone is moving I will announce the battles. Sunday morning I will run the battle simulations and post the results. After the results are determined I will mark the new territory boundaries, and you are free to redistribute all of your remaining troops among your territory on the map. You have until wednesday to do this.

Does that clear up the questions?

17 minutes ago, cn3wton said:

The ones earned this week will be deployed and moved this friday. The units currently on the maps are the ones that where recruited last week. 

My current idea is this. Friday everyone deploys newly recruited troops, and then moves them (including the exsisting ones) through pm. Saturday morning I will review your instructions and what everyone has recruited. After determining where everyone is moving I will announce the battles. Sunday morning I will run the battle simulations and post the results. After the results are determined I will mark the new territory boundaries, and you are free to redistribute all of your remaining troops among your territory on the map. You have until wednesday to do this.

Does that clear up the questions?

Makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

2 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Makes perfect sense.

Awesome. I am currently working on cleaning up the first post and making it a bit more legible and easy to understand.

• Like 1

<i>High above the edge of the battlefield several small portals opened. Several white metal teardrops emblazoned with the wolf and moon symbol of the XVI Legion Astartes fell through them, the bottoms bathed in flame first from re-entry and then from the retro rockets slowing their decent to something resembling a survivable impact. Upon hitting the ground, the drop pods opened up like deadly flowers blooming in the mud.

Inside the drop pod, Sgt Lycorrion Har wondered at the particularly bumpy ride. It was odd, because his briefing had made no mention of the enemy possessing large enough AA guns to shake the pod like that. No matter, they had arrived and had a job to do.

As the doors opened, he sprang out, only to have the commands he was about to issue die on his lips. This...was not the battlefield he had prepared for.

He quickly gathered what men he could find, and tried to figure out what was going on. Surveying his surroundings, a familiar ping appeared on his helmet display. </i>"Brothers from the VIth! Come, men, let's see what aid we can lend them, and then maybe figure out where we are!"

Official announcement that I'm joining in. :) My mercenary aid is going to Grumble and his Space Wolves.

And, apparently, I can't make any text formatting work from my phone, so sorry it's slightly wonky.

• Like 2

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)