NerdHammer - Age of Darkness

36 minutes ago, Myrik said:

I'll deploy my troops once i get home from work.  Won't be till after 630 CST.

no worries!

10 minutes ago, Elennare said:

Official announcement that I'm joining in. :) My mercenary aid is going to Grumble and his Space Wolves.

And, apparently, I can't make any text formatting work from my phone, so sorry it's slightly wonky.

Good to have you!

I have gone ahead and greatly thinned out and simplified the first post. I will be adding more in depth instruction to the spreadsheets through notes and stuff like that. Please let me know if you think I have left something out!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

"Great Wolf! We have incoming!" The shout from his troops caused Virik to spin on his heel, bringing his Bolter to firing position as he turned. Then he grinned, his fangs glinting as the familiar shape of a Space marine in marching formation began to resolve itself out of the dusty, acrid air. His smile faded to shock as they came into view and he was able to get a look at their armour.

"SPACE WOLVES!" He bellowed, "PREPARE FOR BATTLE!" and began moving forward bolter in hand, slipping his axe from it's sheath.

The foremost space marine stopped, looking bewildered. "Hold brother! We do not come as enemies!"

Virik stopped his anger fading again to shock and confusion. "You are the Sons of Horus, are you not?"

"What are you talking about? Horus is our Primarch yes, but we are the Luna Wolves. XVIth Legion Astartes. Where is your Primarch, Leman Russ? You are Space Wolves, are you not?"

Still confused, Virik opened his mouth to respond, but before he could his High Rune Priest spoke."When did you come from?"

The SGT looked at Graj as if he were insane. "Beginning of the 31st millenium, of course."

Virik and Graj looked at each other. Graj made a motion, indicating there was no hint of chaos on these marines.

Virik turned back to the SGT. "I am Virik Redmoon, Great Wolf of the Space Wolves Chapter." The Great Wolf forestalled the questions he could see brimming in the SGT's face. "You are a long way from home, in both time and space. For now suffice it to say that you are not who we thought you were."

The SGT nodded, then saluted. "I am SGT Lycorrion Har and these are my men. We are not where we expected to be, but we know the Space Wolves will always find a battle to engage. And to that end, we submit to your leadership until we can leave this accursed place, wherever or whenever it may be."

Virik nodded, then motioned to his force. "Fall in, then, we were just going to test our strength against one of the other forces allayed on this planet."

Just then, another scout appeared, grinning fiercely. "My Lord, a force of what seems to be the living dead have materialized on our flank!"

"Living Dead you say?" Virik growled, "we must not leave these abominations to their own devices. FORWARD WOLVES!" Behind could be heard both sets of warcry's as they turned and headed toward this new, dark force.

Acknowledging Elennare's Space Marines as our Mercs of choice.

• Like 3

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

I have input my workouts for the week into the spreadsheet, but made some judgement calls on how to allocate some items.  For example, my deadlifts were only at 60kgs (~1/3 of my bodyweight but that's all the weights I have) so I didn't think that was worth the same as deadlifts at 100%+ of bodyweight so I included them as bodyweight workouts.

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Wow it's been a while since I had a bit of time to check things out and my how the spreadsheet has evolved!

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I have input my workouts for the week into the spreadsheet, but made some judgement calls on how to allocate some items.  For example, my deadlifts were only at 60kgs (~1/3 of my bodyweight but that's all the weights I have) so I didn't think that was worth the same as deadlifts at 100%+ of bodyweight so I included them as bodyweight workouts.

That works! 

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Wow it's been a while since I had a bit of time to check things out and my how the spreadsheet has evolved!

Haha yea. Trying to make it as easy to use as possible!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Looking at this, I realized I made an error somewhere. There is no way I weigh anything close to 180kgs. That said, the weights I have must be much less than 60kgs (even though that's what they say) because they weigh a lot less than I do.  Either way, it all comes out in the wash.

• Like 1

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

The world map is set, all units have been deployed. Things are shaping up in quite interesting ways. You have until friday night to get as many resources as you can for the weekend and make plans! If you have any questions at all please let me know. I will be starting to add guides to the spreadsheet to help answer questions, while keeping the first post of this thread short.

The frail form shuffled into the camp, tattered robes dragging. The forces of evil in this part of the world had drawn his masters attention. While primitive they fought with a ferocity nearly matching their own troops.

Surrounded on all sides his master needed to secure at least one of the flanks. The easiest way to do that? Twist others to the cause. The emissary met with the one known as "The Sloth." The pair summed each-other up. No grand theatrics or displays of power. They agreed to this alliance of necessity.

This is the official announcement that Sloth and I have formed an alliance.

On that note I am going to list out the current standings of alliances and mercs.

We have 3 big alliances right now.

cn3wton and Sloth the Enduring

Asa-Pond (with the mercenaries of RogueLibrarian) and Myrik

Rhovaniel, Tourennatrix, and Tanktimus.

While currently solo factions Dark_Raider has the aid of White_ghost's mercs and Grumble has the aid of Elennare. 

Remember that mercs will appear in their allied factions territories, and allies can assist others in both attacking from territories and helping to defend them. So while there are current power ratings of each territory you don't really know whats going to happen! 

Please message me with any questions you may have!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I put in 40 minutes of yoga and got 400 points. That seems excessive, should I scale it?

No thats fine. It caps at 500. It will probably get adjusted next week where timed will give less resources per minute. 

• Like 1

I wonder if yoga should just go in workouts?  40 minutes of yoga is not the same as 40 minutes of wall sits, planks, and the like.  What other types of things are people using as "timed" exercises?  Perhaps that should be a guide to adjusting points value/redistributing categories.

• Like 1

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

2 hours ago, Elennare said:

I wonder if yoga should just go in workouts?  40 minutes of yoga is not the same as 40 minutes of wall sits, planks, and the like.  What other types of things are people using as "timed" exercises?  Perhaps that should be a guide to adjusting points value/redistributing categories.

The issue with that is complexity and not being able to account for a nearly infinite number of variables.

For instance you say that 50 minutes of yoga is perhap's a bit disproportionate to say, planks. And that may be true depending on the difficulty of the poses. But what's nice is there's literally nothing stopping anyone from doing the same! 

With this type of things there are undoubtedly going to be things that are more beneficial to track than others. 

This is also the reason I implemented the limits to how many points you can earn performing a certain thing as well.

My goal with the workouts option is to provide people who train with relatively low rep programs to be able to keep up with others. It is still capped at 500, but provides a significant boost and may increase.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cn3wton said:

You have until friday night to get as many resources as you can for the weekend and make plans!

With this does workout on Saturdays count for the following weeks resources? 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The new calculation sheet doesn't autocap each category at 500. Am I correct in understanding 500 resources are the max for each category, or is that just for workouts?

8 hours ago, cn3wton said:

500 remains that cap for all things yes.

I took the liberty of updating the formulas in the spreadsheet so that it now automatically caps at 500

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

9 hours ago, Myrik said:

With this does workout on Saturdays count for the following weeks resources? 

Yes you can count Saturday into next week.

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I took the liberty of updating the formulas in the spreadsheet so that it now automatically caps at 500

Thanks!

Today marks the last day of this week to earn resources. Once you have tracked everything please make sure you recruit troops and send me you movement plans by PM. I will be checking these saturday morning and sending out any announcements of battles that will be occuring.

I will be at a bachelor party most of the weekend so its extremely important that I get everything ASAP. 

I look forward to whats in store in NerdHammer!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cn3wton said:

I will be at a bachelor party most of the weekend so its extremely important that I get everything ASAP. 

Have fun! 

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Myrik Slowly approaches the camp of the heavily armoured Humans when a howl pierces the night.

"Halt you are in the territory of the Space wolves state your business"

"I come to offer a treaty, I have heard rumor that the armies to your North west have formed an alliance with the strange robots in the north."  

"Why would the mighty Space Wolves Side with a faction that Harbors Trolls and Orcs"

"I do not know where your hatred for their kind has come but, our friends were once humans touched by magic and forcefully changed against their wills.  They will fight to defend an ally just as hard as your own would."  

Virik materializes from the shadow of the gate.  We will ally with you.  But be warned if your Troll and Orc friends step out of line we will cut them down without remorse.

We accept these terms, the Kingsman will be glad to know they do not have your forces to worry about.

The Alliance of Shadowrunners and Kingsmen formally announce the Space wolves have joined their alliance.   

• Like 7

Did a workout last night (Friday) but adding my resources now. If @cn3wton would be kind enough to manage my recruiting and deployment for this week, I'd be super thankful.

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

11 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Did a workout last night (Friday) but adding my resources now. If @cn3wton would be kind enough to manage my recruiting and deployment for this week, I'd be super thankful.

My resources have also been acquired and can be added to the zombie horde for battle

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

Got another workout in on Sunday, do I add it on top of the existing data or does it have to be spent/erased first?

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

I will be doing the movement and battles today on break. 

For tracking please move all recruited troops down to week 2, then remove all old data and start fresh. You can look at my tab for an example.

The weekend was crazier than I thought!

• Like 1