Juni0r83 does the things

Juni0r83

Okay, failed pretty badly at the last challenge. So this challenge I'm setting myself a low bar.

Goal 1: Train like a maniac 3 days per week. I'm doing this one anyway, so it's a bit all or nothing on this one. Minimum score: 12/12

Goal 2: Track my intake. Aim to hit 3500 calories per day but that's less important than just tracking. Setting the bar low for this one. Minimum score: 14/28

Goal 3: Do some damn cardio. Start with 3 sets of 5 burpees 3 days per week, and build to 6 sets of 5 by week 4. Setting the bar low for this one too. Minimum score: 6/12

Finally a life goal: Write as many days as possible (I figure 4 days a week is as good a place to start as any, and say 1000 words per day). I've had this one on my list for quite some time now, so it really needs to stay easy to build some momentum. Minimum score: 10000/16000 words.

So that's my challenge, in all its overly simplistic nature. And just to brighten the thread up a bit, I'll just post random gifs from my favorite cartoons as a kid.

tumblr_njboim43u61t55xupo1_400.gif

• Like 5

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:58 AM, Grumble said:

Like Squats. Makes it all better.

Sometimes you need basic to get to awesome. You got this!

#lowbar4life

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:34 AM, Laghail said:

Basic is how we do!

Image result for #basicbitch

Basic is about all I have in me right now so here's hoping it works out.

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:15 AM, wildross said:

Basically, that is all that is important.

I see your NF retirement was pre-emptive. Welcome back.

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:58 PM, AugustaAdaByron said:

4303336.jpg

So long as I'm not the one falling over it, it should be fine...

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:38 AM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

You GOT this.  You are definitely going to be better than this guy:

giphy.gif

One would hope so, but thats probably a fair aproximation of my high jump skills...

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:32 AM, MaylaKae said:

following along at home! 

Allcomers welcome.

• Like 3

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Week 1, Day 1

Goal 1

I went to the gym, and I did some stuff. Apparently I strained either my calf muscle, or my achilles tendon last friday, and squatting yesterday aggravated it. The plan was:

Squats - 195kg - 3 sets - 3, 3, 3+

Front Squats - 105kg - 6 sets - 4 reps

Bench - 120kg - 3 sets - 5 reps

OHP - 52.5kg - 5 sets - 5 reps

Face pulls - 3 sets - 15-20 reps

What I managed to get done was:

Squats - 195kg - 3, 3, 1 (misgrooved), 4

Front Squats - 105kg - 4, 5, 4, nope

Bench - 120kg - 5, 5, nope (No leg drive, and my chest and tris burned out quickly without the extra help)

And that's when I called it a day. I didn't think I had enough pressing power left to get through the OHP, and I was already tired and hungry, so I skipped the face pulls. Hopefully the calf comes good by Wednesday when I'm set to deadlift stupid weight, but we'll see.

(train like a maniac 1/12)

Goal 2

I tracked, even if the food was not particularly nutritious, I still tracked it all. Final tally 2942, which is a little low for me, but I'm sure some of my days will be less low...

(track my intake 1/28)

Goal 3

It's a training day, so no burpees just yet. That'll come tonight (provided I'm not lazy).

(do some damn cardio 0/12)

Goal 4

No writing, working instead. That's not really an excuse, except that I'm using it as one for now.

(write already 0/16000)

• Like 5

Dwarf Warrior

32 minutes ago, wildross said:

Or like this

Thats pretty much how I'm anticipating this challenge going. Or maybe, hoping this is how it'll go?

• Like 3

Dwarf Warrior

Okay, so a bit of catch up to go through.

Goal 1

Still struggling with tight calves. But I got through all but the third rep of my third set of deadlifts on the Wednesday. Missed Friday's workout because I'm an idiot who doesn't think things through properly. This week was going to be the same, so I shifted my workout days forward by a day and did Sunday, Tuesday, and going back again tonight for a Thursday workout. My 1+ set went well for Squats (I managed 3) so I'm increasing my squat training max by 2.5kg going into the next cycle. My 3+ for front squats went well, and I managed 7, so I'm increasing my front squat training max by 5kg for the next cycle, and my 5+ set of OHP went well with 10 reps, so another 5kg increase for next cycle as well. Deadlifts didn't go as well, with my 1+ set getting me exactly 1 rep. I'm keeping that one the same, and adding reverse hyper-extensions to try and strengthen the actual pulling part of the dead lift, rather than just relying on leg drive and bar speed to get the weight up. Hopefully next cycle goes better. And tonight is my 3+ set on bench and high bar squat, and I'm fairly optimistic on both of those.

(train like a maniac 4/12)

Goal 2

I've tracked an addition 3 days of intake since that first monday. In those I acheived: 3739 cals, 3613 cals, and 3555 cals. When I track, I tend to stay on track. It's clear to me then that it's the days I choose not to track that are derailing my weight loss efforts. Just got to keep grinding away at building this habit.

(track my intake 4/28)

Goal 3

Still no. I'm going to have to up my game to get this one done by the end of the challenge...

Goal 4

I've done some planning, but no writing. I was away for the weekend, and I've got a to-do list that's causing slightly more than mild anxiety, but that's not really a valid excuse at this point. Got to get cracking.

(write already 0/16000)

And now for a childhood cartoon gif:

heman.gif

You may begin to notice a bit of a theme with my choice of childhood cartoons...

• Like 6

Dwarf Warrior

18 hours ago, Laghail said:

What is even happening to that cat?? 

You are losing more man points on not knowing this.

• Like 2

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

18 hours ago, Laghail said:

Serious. Some of us grew up in a bunker, the 80's moral panic was real.

Image result for jack chick meme

Now what exactly is being done to that pussy?

heman.gif

Only the best know, and only the worst will tell... But I suggest you go educate yourself in all things masters of the universe, you won't regret it, even the leather thong and laser whip incident that we never speak of.

Onto more pressing matters.

I hit Thursday's workout fairly hard, and actually managed to get it over with in around an hour (much faster than any other workout so far in GZCL.

Goal 1.

High Bar Squats,

170kg x3 x3 x3 x3+ (got 7 with some left in the tank, but 7+ means a 5kg increase going into next cycle, so I pretty much just racked it and moved on)

Pause Squats,

170kg x 3 x 1. This was stupid easy, so maybe my bottom position for squats its pretty solid, or maybe I'm just doing them wrong. Might have to get a form check video done at some point to find out.

Bench Press,

125kg x3 x3 x3 x3+ (another 7, and the same story as above. 5kg increase means I'm probably somewhere around a peaked 160kg 1RM. I'd say I was kind of ecstatic about that, except I've still got another 20kg to go before I hit my next bench goal, and 40kg to go before I hit my lifetime bench goal)

Random curls because the program told me to, but I rushed it to get out of there and go spend time with family and friends.

(train like a maniac 5/12)

Goal 2.

I tracked thursday and friday, but not today. So another 2 days down in hitting this goal. Maybe there is hope for me yet? I don't know for sure though.

(track my intake 6/28)

Goal 3. 

lol

Life Goal.

Yeah, no, travel for the last two days pretty much wiped me out. We'll see where I get to by the end, but I'm pretty much at the point where just getting started would feel like a victory.

(write already 0/16000)

And finally, a new gif, still on trend with the last two...

thundarr-the-barbarian-x2013-the-complet

• Like 5

Dwarf Warrior

Another day down, and some more points checked off my list

Goal 1.

All I managed was the 50/50 squat challenge. Going back today to get pressing done

(train like a maniac 6/12)

Goal 2.

Sunday and Monday tracked successfully.

(track my intake 8/28)

Goal 3. 

Still no. If I get some done today I might still be able to hit my target, but only if I crush it moving forward.

Life Goal.

The target might be out of the picture, and the habit is a long way away, but I'm still holding onto the possibility of getting some work done here over the next two weeks.

(write already 0/16000)

voltron.gif?w=614

• Like 3

Dwarf Warrior

So that didn't go as planned...

Challenge re-cap:

Goal 1: Train like a maniac 3 times per week. Target: 12/12. Actual: 10/12

I missed a friday because I wasn't paying attention and went out of town for the weekend on a friday before I had a chance to lift for one, and on the other I can't really remember why I dropped the session. I'm back now though...

Goal 2: Track the foods. Target: 14/28. Actual 11/28.

Things have gotten slightly more successful on this front, but I just can't seem to make it a habit just yet. I'm going to have to keep hammering away at it next challenge and see where I get to.

Goal 3: Do some damn cardio. Target 6/12. Actual 0/12.

Cardio seriously drains my motivation. I'm keeping the overall concept of the goal, but I'll have to think about how best to implement it into my life.

Life Goal: Write. Target 10000/16000 words. Actual 0/16000

Once again, I need to be doing this, but I'll have to think about how I want to implement into my life better next challenge.

Overall: I sucked. I'll be trying to perform better next time around.

12d40266a1ff7d83878cd399204ac269.gif

I know its not technically from the cartoon that I grew up with, but he looks way more badass here than there...

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior