Baldilocks returns

Baldilocks

I'm keeping this challenge easy to try to keep from getting discouraged.  Last challenge went fairly well, but I didn't loose any weight.  I did stop using the snack machine at work.  (coffee not included)  I also either used the elliptical or rode my bike.  I went to the doctor and found out I did have an umbilical hernia.  I didn't do the second challenge because of being discouraged and knowing I needed the surgery.  Well I had the surgery March 17th and as best I know I'm good. I'm 5'9" and 205 lbs.  So for this challenge

1 Ride bike to work at least 3 days a week.      

2 Plank and/or Push-up's every day.

3 Restrict evening snack to fruits or veggies and hummus.  

I have tons of things I could use to do, but that's it for now.  That how I will eat my elephant.  (No real elephants were hurt in this challenge)

• Like 2

Well, I've got off to a bad start on eating veggies as snack at night.  I may have to modify that goal to give myself the option of eating nothing after dinner.   Done well on the Push-up's and Planking.  Normally, the riding to work 3 times a week wouldn't be a problem, but I only work two days this week.  Four weeks after my surgery I bought myself a new bike.  Who wouldn't want to ride this to work daily.  

Bike.jpg

• Like 5

This week has had mixed results.

Bike ride to work 3 X.  

Only worked 2 days with Holiday and vacation.  Fortunately, My friend dragged me away from cleaning the gutters to go mountain biking at Rum Village.

http://nimba-bike.org/trails-2/rum-village/ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOyNOxRLhUM

Also biked to church on Thursday so I got 4 out of 3 points for biking to work. (I count non work rides as well).

Planking and or push-ups I got 10 out of 7 points as some days I did both of them. 

I may try some different hand positions on the push-ups.

Fruit or veggies instead as evening snack. 1 out of seven points :ambivalence:

I did buy cucumbers to try to do better this week.  

Well, better success this time. 

• Like 2

Doing a-little better at the evening dieting.  So far my snacks have been vegetables in the evening this week.   I actually turned down a baked potato at dinner tonight.  I also pushed myself harder (biking) on the way home.  I may try to incorporate sprints and recovery into my afternoon commute, traffic permitting.  I actually feel thinner but still weight 202 lbs.  May also try to increase push ups but want to be careful not to mess up my shoulder.     

This week has been slightly better in the diet section but not much.  I'm hoping with the heat coming this next week my desire for food will decrease.  

Bike 3 x to work  8 out of 3 points.  

I biked all six days to work and I biked to church on Thursday and the store on Friday.  1000 imaginary points for living car free for 6 days.  I've also changed my riding so I sprint and recover.  As traffic and stops allow, I  get in a high gear and stand and mash and then switch into a low gear and sit and spin.  Not only am I getting a better work out, but it's more fun to go fast.    

Planking and or push-up   11 out of 7 points as often I did both.  

On the push-ups I've been changing my hand positions to try to get more out of it.  

Fruit or veggies as evening snack 4 out of 7.  

Still not doing really great on the diet, but to end on a positive note, my weight as of this morning was 194 lbs. :applause:

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, Baldilocks said:

I've also changed my riding so I sprint and recover.  As traffic and stops allow, I  get in a high gear and stand and mash and then switch into a low gear and sit and spin.  Not only am I getting a better work out, but it's more fun to go fast.    

That's a good idea! I'll try that on my commute, too :flustered:

On 6/11/2017 at 4:35 AM, Baldilocks said:

to end on a positive note, my weight as of this morning was 194 lbs. :applause:

I'm so jealous! I'm dying to get back under 200 lbs, but I've stalled. Way to go for hitting that milestone!

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

This week could have been a-lot better, but it could have been worse, so I won't complain.

Bike 3 x to work  5 out of 3 points. 

Lost Tuesday and Wednesday to threats of thunderstorms.  Actually they said it it would storm all week. weather.png.80995aae3e3f64e8c76b17d6c8651f43.png

I know I only said 3 times a week, but to loose weight, I believe I need to ride every day possible to work and even the store when possible.  

Planking and or push-up   13 out of 7 by doing both. 

Fruit or veggies as evening snack 4 out of 7.  If I round up I'm at 195 this week.  I really need to revise diet goals for the next challenge.  

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Primeval said:

Wow, look at that weather!

Yes, that forecast was very discouraging.  I really hate the elliptical.  Next week I will stick my head out the door and see what I think.  Either that or flip a quarter.  My results will probably be as accurate.  I would look at the hourly and they would say thunder storms at three (when I'd be ridding home) and I wouldn't ride.  Then I'd look at work and they would have pushed the storms out to 5 or 7 o'clock.  I can ride in the rain, I'm not made of sugar, It's the torrential rain, lightening and high winds I want to avoid.  Fortunately, it's suppose to be nice till Thursday and Friday, which I have off.  

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Baldilocks said:

Yes, that forecast was very discouraging.  I really hate the elliptical.  Next week I will stick my head out the door and see what I think.  Either that or flip a quarter.  My results will probably be as accurate.  I would look at the hourly and they would say thunder storms at three (when I'd be ridding home) and I wouldn't ride.  Then I'd look at work and they would have pushed the storms out to 5 or 7 o'clock.  I can ride in the rain, I'm not made of sugar, It's the torrential rain, lightening and high winds I want to avoid.  Fortunately, it's suppose to be nice till Thursday and Friday, which I have off.  

Yeah, someone needs to figure out a better method of weather forecasting!

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins