Chimichanga's Boring Ass Challenge

21 hours ago, Grumble said:

This program is similar to Wendler's 5/3/1 but geared more towards novices as it doesn't deal with percentages and 1RM. I've never done this, but it looks like a pretty solid program. Now go out and do it!

Anyone have a link to the routine (not Wendler's but Steve's)?  I couldn't find it on the main site.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Would be interested to check it out.

20 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

Recovery and Deadpool. Two excellent things. I think I will like this challenge.

*leans back in recliner*

If only you could recover as fast as deadpool, yes?

I will have to think back on who did Grayskull in the past, I know it has come up. I'll let you know if I remember.

Take it slow!

Thanks!

19 hours ago, Br0din said:

I can add to the high brow humor of this thread.

Image result for deadpool unicorn

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Chimichanga

Level 3

Mercenary

16 minutes ago, Chimichanga said:

giphy.gif

Image result for deadpool ass

• Like 3

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Challenge update time!

Monday was a paid work holiday so I said f*ck it and didn't do any work. Free pass on the first* day of the challenge? Yup... and not an ounce of guilt.

*Starting a challenge on a Saturday is just lunacy. I'm going Monday to Sunday like a sane person. 

giphy.gif

I did spend some time on ze' old (new) training routine, however. Lots to think about, lots to muddy the waters, lots of time to figure it all out before I have to make a decision.

Yesterday I got a bunch of work done. I've reduced the amount of pain medication that I'm taking and that has done wonders for my concentration and efficiency. Did end up pushing myself too far too fast though and paid for it a bit. Pulled some stitches and feel really wiped today. Oops.

giphy.gif

As for the mysteriously absent from my update goal number three... I think I'm going to change it.

1. Theoretically, I'll be out of the recliner and in my own bed in a week and a half, at which point I'll be back on a regular nighttime schedule. Not really concerned with breaking a bad sleeping habit after such a short period of time.

2. Reducing the pain medication has allowed my appetite to come back, and I have the self control of a (insert something with no self control here). I am more concerned with getting super fat than I am with not getting to bed at a decent hour.

In conclusion, reasonable bedtime is out and don't get fatter is in.

giphy.gif

• Like 10

Chimichanga

Level 3

Mercenary

20 minutes ago, Chimichanga said:

Goal 3 is a dick.

7 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

$20 is $20...

Image result for deadpool teabag

• Like 3

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

Today... today sucks.  I've officially reached the point in my recovery where TV is no longer interesting and books aren't appealing and I just want to be out of my chair.  Feeling down and bored and alone and useless and...

giphy.gif

UHG.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Chimichanga

Level 3

Mercenary

Been there.  You will get through it.  Nerd hug. 

After my back surgery (many moons ago), I was told that I could walk 5 minutes at a time.  I walked 5 minutes in a loop inside the house, then set a timer for 55 minutes of recovery, then walked another 5.  It helped a LOT.

I also watched a ton of movies and did Sudoku and crossword puzzles. 

• Like 2

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

Deadpool, chimichangas AND ass?  Following!

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Yup. Eating all the stuff and bored AF? You're on the mend. That's great! Now... hurry up and wait... Time to make an inappropriate needlepoint perhaps? Getting through the slog sucks, but it's only temporary. Soooon......

vGqTPNL.png

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RedStone said:

Yup. Eating all the stuff and bored AF? You're on the mend. That's great! Now... hurry up and wait... Time to make an inappropriate needlepoint perhaps? Getting through the slog sucks, but it's only temporary. Soooon......

vGqTPNL.png

In all seriousness, I do second the crafts idea. Even if you are doing swear words coloring books. I know @Emerald_Dragonfly can recommend at least one. ;) 

DIY deadpool cuss word coloring? 

Swear-Word-Coloring-Book-Will-Help-You-S

• Like 4

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

In all seriousness, I do second the crafts idea. Even if you are doing swear words coloring books. I know @Emerald_Dragonfly can recommend at least one. ;) 

DIY deadpool cuss word coloring? 

I miss coloring! :( So second, it's super relaxing and satisfying!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the encouragement guys, it means a lot.  The last few days have been really tough. I have my next post-op appointment on Thursday and I'm really hoping for some good news.

I had to fire a friend today. :( I think I'm having a milk shake with dinner.

In not-so depressing news, I have picked out a coloring book and bought some pens. I color with my family pretty regularly but have never done it for myself (at least, not since adulthood). Interested to see how I take to it. @Grumble Yours was a finalist. :)

giphy.gif

And here's my belated Week 1 Recap:

1. Weak Ass Makes a Plan
    Rocking this one, but it's a fun one so I'm not surprised. As much as I'd like to do some really complicated programming with multiple spreadsheets and percentages and undulation and... is it getting hot in here...

giphy.gif

... since I'm starting at rock bottom, I'm going to choose a beginner program. Next inner debate is full body or upper/lower split.

2. Lazy Ass Does Work
    1 hour a day was cake, 2 hours this week!

3. Fat Ass Doesn't Get Fatter but Remains the Same Amount of Fat
    Well, I'm not tracking anything, so failing in that respect, but my weight is staying the same so... breaking even? This one has been really hard for me. I think my stress levels and bad mental state are a big factor here at the moment.
  • Like 8

Chimichanga

Level 3

Mercenary

I'm pro full-body workouts for beginner routines. I really only see upper/lowers splits for advanced programs or body builders. That is my humble opinion. When you have the novice gains, your body can handle full body work. 

• Like 4

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Hai.

Re: training programs, when in doubt, less is more for novice programming. I'd opt for heavier intensity and the fewest exercises to get the job done. KISS. That looks like the Big 4 and maybe one assistance exercise if you must. Leave some room for recovery!

Sounds like you're having more than your fill of "recovery" from your surgery. Hang in there! Deadpool is nothing if not resilient! 

200w.gif

• Like 6

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

I agree with KISS for programming. Did you already talk about which novice programs you're looking at? Nvm, I should've read back. I like Greyskull LP, despite not having run it myself. Seems to address most of what I didn't like in Stronglifts and Starting Strength.

Also, Hello! I haven't been around the warriors as much this challenge, but welcome!

• Like 2

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

8 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm pro full-body workouts for beginner routines. I really only see upper/lowers splits for advanced programs or body builders. That is my humble opinion. When you have the novice gains, your body can handle full body work. 

QFT

Stronglifts app FTW. Stupid simple, run it for 8-16 weeks, then get funky with your programming afterwards. Paralysis by analysis is real.

• Like 3

Image result for deadpool empty mansion

• Like 1

Wheymen