HopefulSunrise- A new dawn.

Hey everyone, 

I'm new here and this is the perfect time for me to start the challenge.

i have already started my journey around a month ago, and have met most of the goals I set myself:

yoga once a week

reduce carbs/ sugar

20 minutes of cardio twice a week

Track my sleep/ improve it- a little bit better still needs work

I will continue to do these as well as the new goals I have set: 

- do the beginners bodyweight programme twice a week- I will start with 2 rounds and hopefully build to 3

- only look in the mirror once a day (sounds strange but I have a skin picking compulsion)

- take a protein snack to work with me every day and eat it

- improve sleep routine- drink herbal tea 2 hours before bed, read my book. Get up at a consistent time of day on workdays 

I have PCOS and it's one of my main motivations for change- I'm not overweight but I do have bad skin, hair growth, mood swings. I'm hoping this will help. 

I used to to do a lot of weights, weigh my food and track everything- I did so well for around 2 years, and then life took a different turn and the routine stopped. I would eventually love to do some weights again, but I injured my back at work around a year ago, and I still feel it even in yoga, so it may be a long journey for me. 

Im going through a tough time, and I know that looking after myself will help me start to break through this. I work as a CBT therapist- so this kind of goal setting is something I am very familiar with, but need to work on myself. 

I'm really hoping to meet some new people on this journey and to offer support to others as well as be supported. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear you're going through a tough time. Hugs, if you want them. 

Glad to have you with us! 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Thank you fleaball! I'm starting the challenge tomorrow. 

Here is how it is going to look:

Sleep

6am wake every workday

8:30pm night time tea and read 

Workout

monday- beginners bodyweight 

Tuesday- steady state cardio 20 mins

wednesday- yoga

thursday- beginners bodyweight

friday- steady state 20 mins

Saturday- would like to do yoga- still need to find a class 

Sunday- rest- food shopping- make sure to buy 5 protein snacks for work

looking in mirror- just need to avoid. So hard! 

• Like 1

Hello HopefulSunrise, and welcome to the challenges. I love the name of your profile, by the way. I hate getting up early, but sunrises are the best. I am glad you can come questing with us :)

• Like 2

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 10 || DEX 11 || CON 11 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Thank you starlordphoenix! 

Just a a bit of an update from me:

workouts 

yesterday I did 2 rounds of the beginners bodyweight workout- thought to myself that wasn't too bad- today though omg my butt hurts so much! 

Today I did 15 mins of the rowing machine and 5 mins of warming up and cooling down on the bike

yoga is tomorrow- favourite day of the week! 

sleep

i did my routine, but got to bed too late. Had so much on my mind- don't think I even got to sleep. I am being stalked and my parents went on holiday yesterday so I just kept thinking he would turn up. He didn't thankfully, hasn't in days. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end. 

Mirror

failed at this so far. Tomorrow is a new day though! 

Snacks

i so failed at going shopping yesterday- but I did bring extra meat, and a protein shake to work. The protein shake has made me feel sick all day- won't be using it again. Can anyone suggest a decent brand? 

I made another achievement today I reached out to a counselling service- it has taken me a while to get the courage to do it, I'm so proud of myself. When I look back at what I have changed over the last few weeks I feel so happy with myself, I've been through hell and I'm fighting back and I will come back stronger than I have ever been!! 

• Like 1

Today was a good day for the most part. 

Went to yoga, which really helped me destress, and helped with my after workout soreness from the other day. Every week I go to yoga, I think to myself damn I need to do this more than once a week. But I need to pace myself so that my changes stick and I don't oferwhelm myself. 

i remembered my protein snacks and I only looked in the mirror 4 or 5 times.

I got around 8 hours sleep and woke up at 6. I was only in work at half 9 so didn't need to, but I know I need to get up at a consistent time to help my sleep regulate. So I did, and I washed my hair and sorted out some bits. I even had time to just relax. It was nice. 

Today I got quite irritable. My colleagues left for lunch with out me, and so I couldn't go outside because I had no one to walk with. I just felt it was a bit incomsiderate of them, they know the situation. I guess that I have to remember that they are not me and that they don't have to consider these things, and actually they are not at all responsible for my safety. I probably felt more angry than I should, maybe it's because I hate that I have to consider these things. 

• Like 1

I have no suggestions for protein shakes, sorry. :( You could ask in one of the main forums and probably get a bunch of responses though. 

Huge congrats on reaching out to the counseling service. That's a massive step. I love your attitude!

What about doing a light yoga video at home when you get the urge to do it more than once?

I'm sorry about the issue with your coworkers. It does sound a bit inconsiderate, but you're probably also right in that you're redirecting some anger about the situation in general. (Which is totally valid too. It's a shit situation and you shouldn't have to deal with that.) Can you try to head it off in the future by asking when they're going/asking someone to give you a heads up? 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 5/31/2017 at 9:57 PM, fleaball said:

I have no suggestions for protein shakes, sorry. :( You could ask in one of the main forums and probably get a bunch of responses though. 

Huge congrats on reaching out to the counseling service. That's a massive step. I love your attitude!

What about doing a light yoga video at home when you get the urge to do it more than once?

I'm sorry about the issue with your coworkers. It does sound a bit inconsiderate, but you're probably also right in that you're redirecting some anger about the situation in general. (Which is totally valid too. It's a shit situation and you shouldn't have to deal with that.) Can you try to head it off in the future by asking when they're going/asking someone to give you a heads up? 

Hi fleaball, 

i found a protein shake and a weekend yoga class actually, so I'm making more progress. 

It's ok now actually, I talked to them and told them I was feeling really vulnerable. They understand, my colleagues are so great, I work in such a good team. 

Review of goals:

Gym

this week I have completed 2 of the beginner workout exercises. One at home, one at the gym. I felt a bit of an idiot at the gym, so I chickened out of the star jumps and did step ups instead- does anyone have any exercise suggestions closer to star jumps, that would make me feel like less of an idiot? 

I didn't get nearly as much soreness the second time I did it, not sure if it's because I did yoga the night before or because I didn't work as hard or because I used a foam roller. 

I have been doing 2 sets, and I think next week I will do 3- also going to start tracking the workout more so I can see my progress, I meant to do this on the second times but I forgot what I had done by the time I remembered to record it! What an idiot! 

I have also done cardio twice and yoga once, and have another yoga session this morning. 

Bringing more protein to work and eating it

im smashing this

looking in mirror

this has been much better over th last few days because I have been so busy. The real challenge will be this weekend. 

Sleep routine

this has gone really well this week in general- every night I have had my sleep tea and read my book. I always used to wake up before my alarm by a few minutes, because I was in such a good routine and that actually happened for the first time in 6 months yesterday- I am so happy. 

I still need to start getting ready for bed a little earlier, as I am still going to bed too late- by around half an hour 45 mins every night, because I underestimate the time it will take to get ready. So I'm going to make sure I do this earlier in the evening next week. 

In igeneral I'm feeling much better than I have in a long time- I'm still getting some anxiety, because stalker is still doing things to get a rise out of me- stupid petty things to do with money etc, but I am determined to get through it. 

I even have have social plans next week- I'm really happy about this because I've felt worried to go out in case I am followed. Also I've got my first counselling session next week. 

It's going to the busiest week I have had in a long time actually, but I'm really looking forward to some of this things, I'm just hoping I haven't overloaded myself too much. 

• Like 1

Hi there! Love the username and general theme. I've been going through some seriously insane stuff and I can relate with going through really hard times. My aim is to improve and find joy and grow stronger in spite of it, and I would love to get better at reaching out and being there for other people going through rough things too. So I'm gonna follow and stalk you and generally encourage you. :D So proud of you for going to counseling; it really helps and is nothing to be ashamed of, but it really takes a lot of courage to take that step! Even if you're in a dark place, the darkness is not your final destination and is only a step in your journey. It sounds like you're being very courageous to take some steps forward. You've got this! 

1.jpg

"It matters not how strait the gate; how charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate; I am the Captain of my Soul."

"Invictus"- William Ernest Henley

On 6/3/2017 at 0:26 PM, TophGal said:

Hi there! Love the username and general theme. I've been going through some seriously insane stuff and I can relate with going through really hard times. My aim is to improve and find joy and grow stronger in spite of it, and I would love to get better at reaching out and being there for other people going through rough things too. So I'm gonna follow and stalk you and generally encourage you. :D So proud of you for going to counseling; it really helps and is nothing to be ashamed of, but it really takes a lot of courage to take that step! Even if you're in a dark place, the darkness is not your final destination and is only a step in your journey. It sounds like you're being very courageous to take some steps forward. You've got this! 

1.jpg

Thank you @TophGal you're words have really helped me this morning. 

Ive had a really bad couple of days. I had contact from stalker's family members, asking me to contact him regarding all of the practical things, and then I stupidly called him to try and sort it out. He did exactly what I thought, was using the practical stuff as a reason to try and win me back. I stuck to my guns, but I just felt so drained. the next day he kept emailing me about the practical stuff and I stupidly got wound up and replied. 

I feel just just upset and angry at myself mostly for even responding, I'm going to email his family today, and say that I will only communicate through them. I hadn't spoken to him in weeks, I had started to turn a corner. 

I have so much uni work, thinking about getting this practical stuff sorted by the same day that my uni work is due is so overwhelming, especially since he's determined to make it harder. If i fail uni I lose my job.

ive called in sick today because I just can't handle being around people right now. 

In terms of my goals- sleeping last night wasn't like usual, as I knew I wouldn't be working today. I'm still planning to work out today. Looking in the mirror has been pretty shit. 

I feel like I've come so far, and have just spiralled right back down. 

That is super rough. Don't know the details, but I'm getting out of a bad relationship right now too and I know how hard it is not to get sucked back into drama sometimes. My heart goes out to you for what you must be going through! But just because you've made a slip doesn't mean you've lost all your progress; recovering from bad things isn't linear. You slip, you pick yourself back up, again and again. Each time you pick yourself up, you stand a little taller than you were before. Pat yourself on the back for doing as well as you have, and trust that you will continue to become wiser and stronger. You are learning and growing and you're allowed to make mistakes along the way! Be gentle to yourself. You're doing the best you can, and tomorrow is a new day.

If it helps, when I'm trapped in trauma and feel like I can't breathe or function, I use some of the self compassion meditations on this website. It helps me work through difficult emotions and get a little back on track. 

• Like 1

"It matters not how strait the gate; how charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate; I am the Captain of my Soul."

"Invictus"- William Ernest Henley

I hope the rest of the week has been better for you. <3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 6/5/2017 at 4:41 PM, TophGal said:

That is super rough. Don't know the details, but I'm getting out of a bad relationship right now too and I know how hard it is not to get sucked back into drama sometimes. My heart goes out to you for what you must be going through! But just because you've made a slip doesn't mean you've lost all your progress; recovering from bad things isn't linear. You slip, you pick yourself back up, again and again. Each time you pick yourself up, you stand a little taller than you were before. Pat yourself on the back for doing as well as you have, and trust that you will continue to become wiser and stronger. You are learning and growing and you're allowed to make mistakes along the way! Be gentle to yourself. You're doing the best you can, and tomorrow is a new day.

If it helps, when I'm trapped in trauma and feel like I can't breathe or function, I use some of the self compassion meditations on this website. It helps me work through difficult emotions and get a little back on track. 

Thank you, you are right I am doing my best. I need to be kinder to myself. That website was really helpful thank you! 

19 hours ago, fleaball said:

I hope the rest of the week has been better for you. <3

It has been actually, I picked myself up off the floor and smashed through the rest of the week. 

I went to the gym 3 times in the week, went to yoga once, and plan on going tomorrow. I have still been going to bed too late, and haven't been getting up as early, so that's definitely a step backwards, but I maintained my tea and reading, so overall I have still maintained some progress.

looking in the mirror has been better the last few days. I have been bringing my protein snacks and eating them, unfortunately I couldn't eat my lunch on 2 days this week as I ran out of time, so one went wasted and one I had for dinner instead. Not great. 

Since I started the lower carbs higher protein diet around 7 weeks ago I have lost 6-7lbs, which I'm really happy about. I'd love to lose another 6-7lbs, I'm taking it slow and steady, because I want to maintain this style of eating for a long time. 

So a mixed week, but with the everything that is going on, I'm pretty impressed with myself. 

• Like 1