3 hours ago, Nymeria said:

You'd probably appreciate this, but I'm kind of pissed that the bat probably died, yet I'm still getting shots.  If I were going to have to deal with the shots anyway, I wish the bat had just found its way outside that first night and could continue living its happy little bat life.  

I do appreciate that, and it irks me every time Public Health insists we send a bat for testing (and there's no probably about it, there's no way to test for rabies without killing the bat). I get over it pretty quickly with a Big Brown, or even a Little Brown, as their numbers are pretty good, but with white nose syndrome being such a worry in my part of the world, there could come a point where every individual counts. Unfortunately it is what it is, and public safety has to trump the rights of the bat. It irks me, but I get it, and agree with it.

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Wednesday update:  I was inspired by Elastigirl and hit the rings a bit for my workout.  That tuck stand on the rings is no joke.  I could only (kind of) pull it off with the rings close to the ground.  

And yesterday, I went swimming!  So I'm managing to squeeze in quite a bit more workout time than I had been doing, even if I'm still not having many full, 1+ hour sessions.  

I still need 20 pull ups and about 1:30 on the hang board for the mini, so I'll have to get cracking tomorrow.  I also have to deal with rabies shot #3 tomorrow.  Joy.  

• Like 6

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

More updates.....

Yesterday, I did some pull ups, hanging knees to elbows, diamond push ups, ring dip negatives, and lunges.  My knee has still been really weird and tight lately.  I had assumed that it was another round of IT band syndrome, but honestly, the foam rolling isn't really helping.  A bit of google research suggests that my knee muscles might be very imbalanced, such that my quads and calves are overly strong and my hamstrings overly weak.  This seems really plausible to me, since my normal workout routine doesn't seem to target the hamstrings much at all.  Plus, my hamstring tendons were harvested for the ACL repair, making them a bit weaker.  

The new plan is to try some focused hamstring exercises.  I'll do some one leg RDLs, hamstring ball curls, and find some sort of ankle weight to do regular hamstring curls.  And I'll see if this helps with the knee tightness and popping.  Otherwise, I'll do yoga, take a walk, and finish my pull ups and dead hangs for the mini.  

I only have one more week to get much of anything done before I have the kids all day, so the next week needs to be incredibly productive.  Yes, they're still in school for another week.  We're so late compared to the rest of the country.  

• Like 5

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

38 minutes ago, Nymeria said:

I only have one more week to get much of anything done before I have the kids all day, so the next week needs to be incredibly productive.  Yes, they're still in school for another week.  We're so late compared to the rest of the country.

That was my thought, lol. I was like, "Wow! Kids are STILL in school??" I know it can be hard as hell to get stuff done with the kiddos running amok but I know if anyone can be productive, it's you :)

42 minutes ago, Nymeria said:

The new plan is to try some focused hamstring exercises.  I'll do some one leg RDLs, hamstring ball curls, and find some sort of ankle weight to do regular hamstring curls.  And I'll see if this helps with the knee tightness and popping.  Otherwise, I'll do yoga, take a walk, and finish my pull ups and dead hangs for the mini.

I think this is a solid plan to strengthen you hammies and hopefully help with the knee tightness. Those RDL's are gonna help a lot...just the thought of that exercise stretches my hamstrings out lol.

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

More updates.....

Yesterday, I did some pull ups, hanging knees to elbows, diamond push ups, ring dip negatives, and lunges.  My knee has still been really weird and tight lately.  I had assumed that it was another round of IT band syndrome, but honestly, the foam rolling isn't really helping.  A bit of google research suggests that my knee muscles might be very imbalanced, such that my quads and calves are overly strong and my hamstrings overly weak.  This seems really plausible to me, since my normal workout routine doesn't seem to target the hamstrings much at all.  Plus, my hamstring tendons were harvested for the ACL repair, making them a bit weaker.  

kettlebell swings are great for hamstrings.:)

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

More updates.....

One of my favorite hamstring workouts I discovered in this video from Athleanx (around 2:30 or so)

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Spot Reduce [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Yeah, I'm not at all meeting my goal of posting on NF every day...  Anyway....

Father's Day Weekend update:  The kids got strep.  I stayed home with sick kids while husband went to parkour (boo... no parkour for me. :( ).  Then husband banged his shin badly and needed to go to the ER for stitches/staples.  The universe seems to be screwing with us these days.  

Today: Kids are back at school, and I finally got in a workout:

Pull ups

Push ups

wall sits

rock wall hanging traverses

skin the cats + tuck levers on rings

V-ups

planks

yoga

My hamstrings have been really irritated after doing the hamstring slides and RDLs, so I must be correct that I have some weaknesses there.

@WhiteGhost - I actually am using a variation of that hamstring exercise, but using a swiss ball rather than sliding on the floor.  It's pretty intense.  

• Like 4

My tutorials:

Hope the family gets better soon (and your hammies too)

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Spot Reduce [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Aw mannn. Sorry about your husband's injury. Hamstring work is so humbling but so good for you. 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Aggh.   You guys have had a rough month. Let's hope the last week of June is  boring , no injuries, sickness, or bats.

• Like 1

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

More updates:

Wednesday was yoga and swimming

Thursday, I was planning on a full workout, but the nurse kind of botched my last rabies shot.  So, my arm was pretty sore and bruised.  I still did push ups, and then just did some hamstring curls, wall sits, and planks.  

Friday: more yoga

Today, I will go swimming, and tomorrow is a parkour day!  

• Like 4

My tutorials:

Challenge Wrap-Up:

I did a great job with putting on the workout clothes and doing something every day!  I was okay but not great with the to-do lists, bedtime routine, piano/vacation research.  I started strong with posting on NF every day, but kind of petered out at the end.  Still, for the most part, this has been a successful challenge.  I'll have to think about how to progress a bit from here, especially since I have to schedule my challenge around the kids.  

• Like 5

My tutorials:

23 hours ago, Nymeria said:

I'll have to think about how to progress a bit from here, especially since I have to schedule my challenge around the kids.

This can be tough and exhausting to just think about but I believe in you! What time are they getting up and about? Would you be able to dedicate some time in the AM to get in a workout? I'm always trying to work my WOD's around my kiddos and I've always found that in the morning/AM when everyone is still sleeping, that that is the best time for me. Maybe you too? :) 

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

On 6/26/2017 at 0:08 PM, Wild Wolf said:

This can be tough and exhausting to just think about but I believe in you! What time are they getting up and about? Would you be able to dedicate some time in the AM to get in a workout? I'm always trying to work my WOD's around my kiddos and I've always found that in the morning/AM when everyone is still sleeping, that that is the best time for me. Maybe you too? :) 

Wolf

I'm not going to do a challenge this time around, but the plan is to break things up into smaller pieces.  I have a lot of mobility-WOD type stuff that I really need to work on, so I'm going to spend the next month focusing on some of that, as well as pull up training (which I can somewhat GtG).  At least that way, I won't feel like I need to have a contiguous hour of free time to devote to workouts.  

• Like 1

My tutorials:

I'm not going to do a challenge this time around, but the plan is to break things up into smaller pieces.  I have a lot of mobility-WOD type stuff that I really need to work on, so I'm going to spend the next month focusing on some of that, as well as pull up training (which I can somewhat GtG).  At least that way, I won't feel like I need to have a contiguous hour of free time to devote to workouts.  

Great summer time plan