"Introduce yourself" posts trigger all of my considerable social awkwardness. Deep breath. I can do this. 

I'm a literary nerd/aspiring writer, a grandma, a gardener/beekeeper/chicken mama, and a U.S. Navy veteran. I live on the beautiful Crystal Coast of North Carolina, and I just started training with a Starting Strength coach who is helping me fix problems with my squat (and by problems I mean - I started off too weak to do a full squat with a 45# bar. Got it now. Literally as of today.)

I spent the first 18 years of my life as a full-blown sedentary couchweight, since then I have "messed around" with a variety of martial arts, bodybuilding-style thingies, yoga, Pilates, I even tried running for a while, but I've never stuck with anything before. Have been strength training now consistently for two years - holy wow, I've never done anything consistently for two years before ever, so this might actually be my thing. 

Super excited to be here, love the concept. Just exploring the quests and trying not to get too overwhelmed. 

Whew. Okay, that wasn't so bad. I didn't even stammer. Much.

• Like 5

“Then something Tookish woke up inside of him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo

2023 Challenges: 20SOC, Travel, Battery, Song n'Dance

Hey!  Welcome! :) 

It sounds like you have a lot of fun things going on in your life, I would LOVE to keep bees, that must be fascinating, and I used to live on a croft (small holding?) so I'm used to having chickens around, I miss them now that I'm living in a housing scheme. 

If you have any questions once you've had a look around then just ask.  There's a lot going on and it can be overwhelming so just shout out if there's anything that is puzzling you. 

Nice to "meet" you and best of luck. :) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Starting off weight training is one of the most rewarding experiences. I was sedentary for a long time as well, and experiencing the first few lifts and seeing your progression is quite addicting.

Stick with it! 

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)