Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to re-introduce myself. I have been on the forums before (~6 months ago), where I was very serious about my weight loss/healthier lifestyle adventure. This site is one that inspired me, and especially the facebook group had really got me thinking about making some major changes in my life. I am planning on re-enrolling in the academy and just reset all my completed quests to make for a "fresh" experience (got a little sad knocking myself down to level 1, but it had to be done!). 

So I guess here's my story: I'm 22 years old currently residing in the Tampa Bay (FL) area. After some pretty serious changes in my life about 1 and 1/2 years ago, I decided I really needed to do something different about my life style. I have had experience with crash dieting in the past, however unfortunately at this point I have re-gaining most, if not all, of the weight shed by that experience. I enjoy hiking, reading, board games, and playing video games. I enjoy most genres of music (except country), but mostly lean towards hard rock/metal. 

Since my last check-in with NF, I had moved ~1000 miles away from my hometown and changed jobs, something that I never before thought I was capable of. With the stresses of a new location/new job, unfortunately I had drifted back in to my old eating habits and sedentary lifestyle. After a few months in my new location, it seems like I'm back on my feet and ready to continue my weight loss journey. 

Hope that wasn't too boring, and I'm excited to meet everyone!

• Like 1

Hey!  Welcome back. :) 

I too have done the lose-a-ton-of-weight-by-eating-fuck-all-then-regain-most-of-it-as-soon-as-the-diet-stops thingy.  It's not fun. 

Hopefully you're in a place now where you can turn things around.  What worked for me was changing my mentality about food/diet.  I stopped trying to lose weight and focused on eating better and trying to get a full range of vitamins, minerals, fiber, carbs, fats, protein.  I found that I was eating more food (or at least if felt that way) and still losing weight. 

Good luck on your journey, see you around. :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Welcome back. Time to shake off the dust and get back into it!

I am right there with you, returning and starting again can seem like its even harder than starting in the first place. But you'll be back to crushing your goals in no time!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)