Alanna continues to exist, even when she cannot be observed

Alanna

Because object permanence.

e57fbb8e1d70f12e85b2da4654e947e8.jpg

Yep, I disappeared during the last challenge I tried to complete, mostly because sleep wasn't happening, despite my efforts to sort it out. That's improving, though I still have bad nights, probably thanks largely to orange goggles, magnesium powder, high-ish dose vitamin C, and preliminary attempts at stress management. Thankfully my PhD supervisor gives me a lot of flexibility for when, where, and how much I work, so my newly started graduate studies can take a back seat when needed to sort out the health stuff.

Also on the plus side, I pulled 147.5 kg for a single during my 1+ deadlift session yesterday, so my deadlift is almost back up to its previous glory (152 kg).

Goals:

1. Be in bed by 9:30 pm (but aim for 9 pm so I actually hit this target).
  2. Track my food either in advance or as I go (I shouldn't have to log more than two past meals/snacks at once). Exception: I don't need to track this first weekend (June 3-4) while traveling, though my diet will remain the same.
  3. Go easy on the cashew butter (limit: 150 g/day). Without it it's hard for me to get enough calories on AIP (+ some reintroductions), but I don't need aaaall of the cashew butter.
  4. LUYL: Draw and/or paint at least 2x/week. I'm waiting on a set of brushes so I can try watercolours :)

Oh, and don't disappear.

• Like 11

Image result for always watching you

• Like 3

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

30 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Heey, congrats on the deadlift progress! Any preference on what flavor of Gif's we spam you with? Gify has some weird stuff...

Maybe provide options and let Alanna decide?

• Like 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

13 hours ago, Alanna said:

LUYL: Draw and/or paint at least 2x/week. I'm waiting on a set of brushes so I can try watercolours :)

zermergerddddd I hope we get pictures please!!!!!!!! :D:D:D 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Achaedia said:

Don't Disappear is a good challenge. I need to do that one, too. 

Probably the hardest goal :P. My excuse will be I was too busy working on my goals... that's acceptable, right? Right?

14 hours ago, Br0din said:

So that's why I've been acting like a particle #BadPhysicsJokes

14 hours ago, Laghail said:

Heey, congrats on the deadlift progress! Any preference on what flavor of Gif's we spam you with? Gify has some weird stuff...

14 hours ago, Grumble said:

Maybe provide options and let Alanna decide?

I have thus far gone through life without realizing that I should develop gif preferences :P. What are my options?

I also feel that context is important and can override intrinsic preferences ... if context appropriateness + pre-existing preferences > some threshold, the gif is good, right?

14 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Hey, welcome back! :)

14 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

Image result for lioness gif

Hello!

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

Here for dis.

10 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

giphy.gif

original.gif

10 hours ago, RedStone said:

zermergerddddd I hope we get pictures please!!!!!!!! :D:D:D 

Ha, I haven't drawn much at all since... high school? so my artistic talents are very rusty! This should be interesting :P.

• Like 4
On 5/31/2017 at 3:45 AM, Alanna said:

Because object permanence.

Oh, and don't disappear.

Unless you are stalking someone?

• Like 3

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

10 hours ago, Laghail said:

Hrm, I'm seeing this challenge needs pop-culture memes of a very specific flavor. Imma make it rain.

Image result for quantum meme

Dude.... I seriously have this mental image of you sitting in front of several computers matrix style downloading memes and web comics

• Like 6

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

39 minutes ago, Blocky said:

Dude.... I seriously have this mental image of you sitting in front of several computers matrix style downloading memes and web comics

Just remember kids, all you need is flagrant disregard for IT security's opinion of your google image search history, and you too can be this cool. 

• Like 7
21 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

giphy.gif

201601_1335_ddhae_sm.jpg

19 hours ago, wildross said:

Unless you are stalking someone?

tumblr_mkfmxnDbJg1rhk74vo1_500.gif

18 hours ago, Laghail said:

Hrm, I'm seeing this challenge needs pop-culture memes of a very specific flavor. Imma make it rain.

Image result for quantum meme

8 hours ago, Blocky said:

7 hours ago, Laghail said:

Just remember kids, all you need is flagrant disregard for IT security's opinion of your google image search history, and you too can be this cool. 

Untitled2.png

• Like 6

Challenge update

Tracking: yes

Cashew butter: yes

Bedtime: .... negative

Not a line was drawn.

Lifts lifts lifts lifts:

5/3/1 Week 3, OHP/Front squats on 6/1/17

(I recently added front squats on a 5/3/1 progression to my program, because my front squats are sad)

All weights are in kg and written as weight x reps (x sets)

OHP: 20x5, 25x5, 30x5, 35x3, 38.5x4 (AMRAP), 43.5x1 (joker) (+ belt), 45x1 (joker) (+ belt)

front squat: 20x5, 35x5, 45x5, 51x3, 57.5x5 (AMRAP) (+ belt), 65x1 (joker) (+ belt), 72.5x1 (joker) (+ belt)

DB rows: 26x5x3

And I confess to skipping my core work.

That's the end of this cycle - time to up my maxes and calculate percentages for the next!

• Like 6
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:31 AM, Alanna said:

And I confess to skipping my core work.

#TheStruggleIsReal

#doyourdamnabs

I am so bad about abs.... I had a whole challenge about them at one point and I still don't do them half the time. Whoops!

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:31 AM, Alanna said:

That's the end of this cycle - time to up my maxes and calculate percentages for the next!

Yay! Also Yay front squats. Those just got added to my program, so I'm excited to see how they go.

• Like 3

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

18 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

#TheStruggleIsReal

#doyourdamnabs

I am so bad about abs.... I had a whole challenge about them at one point and I still don't do them half the time. Whoops!

Yay! Also Yay front squats. Those just got added to my program, so I'm excited to see how they go.

I'm probably at about 75% now... should do a challenge on them at some point :P.

Front squats are fun! And they count as core, riiiiiight? Are you working with a trainer or coach now (since your wording implied someone else added them)?

Challenge update

Did all the things on Monday (bedtime, tracking, cashew butter, drawing).

• Like 7
7 hours ago, Alanna said:

I'm probably at about 75% now... should do a challenge on them at some point :P.

Front squats are fun! And they count as core, riiiiiight? Are you working with a trainer or coach now (since your wording implied someone else added them)?

NF now has a coaching thing that @spezzy is running, and I joined that. I really like it so far :D 

I could maybe try to convince her that Front Squats are core, but I don't think it'll work out for me...

And her core things aren't too bad. I just.... should actually do them haha

7 hours ago, Alanna said:

Did all the things on Monday (bedtime, tracking, cashew butter, drawing).

Image result for doing awesome gif

• Like 3

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

On 6/6/2017 at 4:08 PM, elvenengineer said:

NF now has a coaching thing that @spezzy is running, and I joined that. I really like it so far :D 

I could maybe try to convince her that Front Squats are core, but I don't think it'll work out for me...

That's cool - I didn't know she did coaching outside of the Academy!

Challenge Update

I was 10 min late to bed yesterday, but otherwise have been on point with all my goals this past week. Also got in another drawing day on Tuesday :).

Lifting-wise: I pulled 137 kg x 3 today, which I think is a small (1 kg) PR for my deadlift triple - I'll take it since it's my first deadlift PR in about a year. And I've done my core work this week!

• Like 4