Hello rebels!

First of all, wow. This place. This system. It's all so wow. So glad I found this place. It's literally everything I have ever dreamed of. 

I don't want to go into a lot of detail here but I have some perhaps unusual goals that are very close to my heart. After a lifetime of trying (and failing) to live up to the standards of some pretty villainous and dastardly people, I recently broke free of the psychological chains that bound me and have been slowly but surely gaining control of my own life. I am actually pretty happy with my weight and how I look. I am not trying to lose weight, as a primary goal. I struggled with it before, but I ain't got time for self doubt anymore. 

What I've realized through various hardships is that I am strong, smart, and fierce...on the inside. And what I want more than anything is for the outside to match the inside. I want to be strong and vital and nimble and fast, because that's how I feel internally. 

I'm also a hobbit. I know this about myself. I love my home more than any other place, and I want to be surrounded by stacks of books and a variety of clever little objects that make me happy, and I want to work the earth and sing loudly and throw INCREDIBLE parties. I am accommodating and hospitable but have strong boundaries. But like some of the hobbits we know and love, I long for adventure. Or at least, I am too curious to turn it away when the opportunity arises. 

Another thing about hobbits? High constitution. I've got two kids who need me healthy and strong for a long time. Not thin, not sexy. Strong. High max HP is what I'm after. 

I love to run, although I'm truly terrible at it, and I like bodyweight exercises and working out in the privacy of my home. I like nature walks and hiking, then planting under a tree to hydrate and read. 

Nerd stuff, other than the hobbit talk, HP goals, and reading: I'm a gamer 4 lyfe y'all (26 years of nonstop gaming; to think they said it was "just a phase"!). Right now working my way through Persona 5, which is probably already one of my favorite games of all time. I play Magic the Gathering and I could speak for hours about Star Trek. I prefer Marvel over D.C., Star Trek over Star Wars, and I like anime. I'm obsessed with video game music and listen to it while working, driving, and running. Send me links to your favorite Let's Plays and let's nerd out together!

• Like 5

Welcome on board!  I glad you found us/this site because it sounds like you'll fit right in!  :)  If you need any help or advice once you've had a chance to look around then feel free to ask.  Did you know you can create your own character and an Epic Quest list?  

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Done and done! I set it up a couple days ago and only just today learned there was a forum. :) Thanks for the warm welcome! I do believe I have found my people. 

Speaking of which, I notice there are forums for the different guilds. I think there's one in particular that I'm interested in but I'm not sure how to join up. Do I just post there? Or wait for the next challenge to open?

34 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Done and done! I set it up a couple days ago and only just today learned there was a forum. :) Thanks for the warm welcome! I do believe I have found my people. 

Speaking of which, I notice there are forums for the different guilds. I think there's one in particular that I'm interested in but I'm not sure how to join up. Do I just post there? Or wait for the next challenge to open?

Challenges don't really have a hard deadline for when to start. You're welcome to still set-up your 4-week challenge for the current one going on! There also really isn't an official way to join a guild. You just need to do the following:

1. Go to Profile > Account Settings
2. In Overview look for Other Settings

3. Go to Edit Profile

4. Select your class from here

Then all you need to do is post up a 4-week challenge in your guild. Optionally, you can also introduce yourself in your Guild's Introduction thread

• Like 1

Challenge Logs:

Current Challenge | Fitocracy Profile | Photo Journal

Crab Stats:

Level 27 Ranger | Level 35 Fitocract | Level 100 Awesome

On 5/31/2017 at 3:32 PM, Scarlet said:

I could speak for hours about Star Trek. I prefer Marvel over D.C., Star Trek over Star Wars

Dude!! You are a friend! :D  Welcome to the Rebellion - you've already got the heart of a Scout and you're going to love it here! We all sharpen each other mentally, emotionally, and physically to become the fastest, strongest, toughest, smartest, agilest, healthiest versions of ourselves that we can possibly be. You're in the right place!!

Welcome welcome welcome!

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers