After lurking around for almost a week, I used my 20 seconds of courage to sign up! :D

I'm a 23 years old gal, recently diagnosed with sacroiliitis, a pain in the ass (and lower back). It was my wake up call to really take care of myself. I came across Nerd Fitness when I googled "how to do a proper push up" and since then I was hooked. After years of not exercising, I face-planted and kissed the carpet - my attempt at push up did not end well (no surprise there).

What else eh?

Oh, I weigh 143lbs and stand at 5 feet (or 4'11"? meh). So yeah, I'm overweight. I have been eating real, unprocessed food most of the time. Portion control is my main problem. I just love rice so so much my day would feel incomplete without it.

I don't really identify myself as a nerd but every time I stumble upon something that piques my curiosity, I'd spend hours and hours reading about it. I dabble in a lot of things, thanks to my short attention span (which also makes me forgetful when it comes to uninteresting stuff). I identify as a goldfish for obvious reason.

I'm gonna need another 20 seconds of courage to submit this (._. ')

-M

P.S. English is not my first language (so tell me if it's weird or unnatural or wrong so I can learn something. Thank you).

• Like 7

Hey hey! Welcome to the Rebellion! You're not alone in identifying as a goldfish, believe me, that's more common than you think

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

@Red1263 . So you're a goldfish too?

Oh, my dear, I was a goldfish before we could identify as a goldfish! It's great hearing things over and over again, it's not so great when people are telling you that you're repeating yourself.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Ah, the feeling we know so well! :1

But for the most part, I tell people it helps me process things faster, because I have less things to think about.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Hey!  I also have a giant pain in the ass!  No, not my mother-in-law, i have SI joint (and coccyx) issues too.  I feel your pain. ;) 

Welcome to the forum, if you need any help or advice then please ask.  It's a great community and I'm sure you'll love being a part of it. :) 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 2017-6-9 at 3:00 AM, Guzzi said:

Hey!  I also have a giant pain in the ass!  No, not my mother-in-law, i have SI joint (and coccyx) issues too.  I feel your pain. ;) 

Welcome to the forum, if you need any help or advice then please ask.  It's a great community and I'm sure you'll love being a part of it. :) 

Thank you! I'm glad to be part of the rebellion :D

On 2017-6-5 at 2:27 AM, Red1263 said:

But for the most part, I tell people it helps me process things faster, because I have less things to think about.

That's sneaky haha. It can get frustrating though, sometimes. Oh well.

• Like 1
That's sneaky haha. It can get frustrating though, sometimes. Oh well.

Yeah, it's a double edged sword, but I like that life is always bright for me! And secondly, people always know that you're honest, because lying is too hard to remember

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 2017-6-11 at 1:18 PM, Isaac Clark said:

Welcome! I'm a bit new here myself. All you need is 20 seconds of courage to make a difference in your life!

Good luck on your fitness journey, I hope I'll see you around these forums :)

Welcome to you too :D Yep, see you around!

On 2017-6-13 at 11:45 AM, Red1263 said:

Yeah, it's a double edged sword, but I like that life is always bright for me! And secondly, people always know that you're honest, because lying is too hard to remember

Another truth has been spoken! I really am a bad liar. Haha