Hello there!

So, I'm bad at introductions and I'm socially awkward, so please bear with me.

My name is Katie, but feel free to refer to me as Petra! (Petra means rock...any Petra fans out there? No? Okay...)

Let's see, I am a swimmer and a slight runner. My mother is a health fanatic, and while I'm beginning to follow in her foot steps, sometimes, it's a little difficult to be the Rebel I want to be.

I've been alternating between the Advanced Body-weight workout and the Interval training (on a stationary bike, due to knee injury during track, ugh,) and I've gotten better at making healthier/paleo-ish choices when it comes to food, though I can't always pick what I eat for dinner, as I am still a nestling and live at home.

The good news is that, in just these first two weeks, I've already gone from 157.4lbs to 154.6lbs! My goal by the end of summer is 145, and if I meet that before hand, my next goal will be 140.

I'm also trying to get stronger and build both muscular strength and endurance, (there's some Washington State P.E. language for ya!), while increasing my cardio.

I'm planning on joining the Academy as soon as possible, I just need to find some work and make money to join in! I got a lot on my plate, but hey, I like adventures, questing, and all things in between!

FOR THE REBELLION! ;)

-Petra Strider

• Like 4

Hi, Katie! By petra, do you mean rock in the geological way? I took geology years ago and back then, I was pretty good at identifying rocks. I had a notebook just for that class and wrote a big "GEOLOGY ROCKS!!!" on the cover (I had another notebook for the other classes. I'm a badass like that). Anyways, welcome to the rebellion!

Welcome, Petra! (Whenever I think of people named Petra I think of Petra Arkanian. I am definitely a fan. But rocks are cool too.) 

There's no requirement that you join the Academy to participate in NF, although of course if you want to you should go for it. Lots of people on the forums, myself included, don't use the Academy at all. 4 Week Challenges are where it's at! 

Let us know if you have any questions or aren't sure where to start. Rebels are a friendly bunch and happy to help anytime. 

On 6/14/2017 at 11:59 PM, MagicBean said:

Hi, Katie! By petra, do you mean rock in the geological way? I took geology years ago and back then, I was pretty good at identifying rocks. I had a notebook just for that class and wrote a big "GEOLOGY ROCKS!!!" on the cover (I had another notebook for the other classes. I'm a badass like that). Anyways, welcome to the rebellion!

haha! I think the word does mean rock in the geological way, and I think closer refers to the Hebrew word for pebble. (Not entirely sure; Biblical studies mixed with story writing has lead me down a path of names and their meanings, lol.) As for the reference, Petra was a 1980s-1990s Christian hard rock band my mom used to play CONSTANTLY. XD