Feeling BadA$$!

Have been weight training regularly since 5/15 and started NF Bodywight slightly before that on 5/9, and 30 day plank challenge a little before that on 5/1, so I'm about a month in trying to be healthier.  Usually I've quit of boredom by now.  Still going strong.  I finally decided to move from dumbbells to StrongLifts this week.  It was scary.  It was intimidating.  I'm still not past that.  I thought I should wait till the end of the month because starting 2 week vacay next week and the week after, and probably no access to a "real" gym.  Decided screw it, just going for it. 

So this week I did a real squat.  Bar only on Saturday, then I added baby weights last night.  Did 55 lbs squats in the rack with all the burly gym guys around me.  Then last night I got to do my first baby deadlift.  90lbs.  I really wasn't sure I could manage that at all, but I said, meh, try it and see.  I totally did that.  1 set of 5.  No problems. No idea if my form was correct, but I tried to be sure it was.  I picked the thing up at least.  I did OHP.  Just 30 pounds, but again, I wasn't too sure I could do it at all, but I did.  Middle aged mom.  Flabby arm batwings,  Eff it.  I did the things.

I'm disappointed I haven't lost weight.  Upset scale is going up instead of down.  But I need to focus on positives, and I feel this is a positive.  I did the things!  A month ago, I couldn't have imagined me attempting to do something like a deadlift.  Now I'm shopping for new Chucks, cause, seriously.  All the cool kids have lifting Chucks. 

• Like 5

The weight loss will come and you may see some gains too as you build muscle mass.  Like Garris said, don't focus on the scale.  Instead, focus on the excitement of your progression, your new chucks, and the fact that you got out there and did the things.  Also, keep focusing on form.  

When I started out, I pushed too hard too fast because I was excited, began experiencing joint pain, and had to go back to the beginning and re-focus on my form.

Either way, it's awesome to hear about your progress!!

• Like 1

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf 

Nice!!!  Way to go you! 

Don't worry about the scale right now, your body is going to be storing extra water in your muscles with all the exercise you've been doing, you will probably experience a sudden (and drastic) drop sometime soon.  Keep on kicking ass and you'll soon see results. ;) 

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously