I have never forgotten about all of you!

Hey all!

So I used to be somehow active a few years/year ago and then I migrated to another country. And barely had any time for social stuff. But now I have everything back in order! So I can lurk the forums again. Reading through this, made me actually realise how helpful everything has been and how much I missed it!

Thanks again!

And I am going to post like a maniac on cucumbers!

Regards,

Shakeel

• Like 2

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

6 hours ago, Kita said:

Welcome back!

Thank you @Kita, looking forward to be active again. 

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

2 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Haha!  Do your worst, I dare ya!  :P 

I was actually looking through my Private messages and then realised that my buddies are no longer here. I kind abandoned them. I got slapped in the face :(

Yeah, that happens. :(   I've been using the forum since about 2013 and I've met, and lost, several good friends during that time.  Think of it as an opportunity, you get to meet a whole new bunch of awesome people.  Like me! :D 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

7 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Yeah, that happens. :(   I've been using the forum since about 2013 and I've met, and lost, several good friends during that time.  Think of it as an opportunity, you get to meet a whole new bunch of awesome people.  Like me! :D 

Now I don't know if I should be scared, honoured, joyful or sad :P But hey, I think you will get along fine with my invisible friends. They are already cheering. :D I decided to send them all a private message.

Question though:

Currently I am on holidays visiting my parents and kid brother who is got engaged. On Sunday I am flying back home and I'll be back working on Monday. I will move in that week to my new apartment. But I am not sure, when to start my most amazing die hard diet. (Since my new apartment comes with a gym)

Should I just start? Or wait a little?

Well....  I gotta say that I'm always against "going on a diet".  I find that if you want to change for good then the best thing to do it's to make small, sustainable changes that build momentum and eventually become your new "normal".   That way there's no falling off the waggon and reverting back into old habits.  If you're also going to be adding in a new exercise routine then you might find it hard to keep both going at the same time.... :unsure: 

That said, if that's what works for you then I would say just moderate your food intake a little until things settle down a bit and you're able to really give it your full attention.  Whether that's as soon as you're moved into the new apartment or if it means waiting until you've been there a week or two and the stress of moving has eased is something only you can say.  

Personally I always do everything I can to set myself up for success and reduce the chance of failing, but it's very much "horses for courses", there's no right or wrong. ;) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

18 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Well....  I gotta say that I'm always against "going on a diet".  I find that if you want to change for good then the best thing to do it's to make small, sustainable changes that build momentum and eventually become your new "normal".   That way there's no falling off the waggon and reverting back into old habits.  If you're also going to be adding in a new exercise routine then you might find it hard to keep both going at the same time.... :unsure: 

That said, if that's what works for you then I would say just moderate your food intake a little until things settle down a bit and you're able to really give it your full attention.  Whether that's as soon as you're moved into the new apartment or if it means waiting until you've been there a week or two and the stress of moving has eased is something only you can say.  

Personally I always do everything I can to set myself up for success and reduce the chance of failing, but it's very much "horses for courses", there's no right or wrong. ;) 

I guess so. But if I just go straight with the clean eating I should be fine. So that is one of the goals. I might bother you later to help me set up some nice goals. For me it works easier if I discuss it with someone before setting goals and the right expectations towards myself. :D

• Like 1