Hey, guys, so about 50 days ago, I looked at myself in disgust, I mean I wasn't obese, but I was overweight for my height and age, I'm 18, 170cm, 82Kgs or 5.5 Feet 180 pounds. I started by altering my diet, not a big change but I wanted to cut out the little stuff before I was drinking a lot of soft drinks, chocolate milk, and muesli bars. After cutting these I immediately saw change, felt better and started to lose weight, I got down to about 75Kgs my target was 72. Since then I started to slip back and am practically back to where I started a few Kgs Lighter. 

So my question is how do I get motivated to so I can start reaching goals again?

Hey @slimeyfx,

It is quite hard to find the right motivation so now and then. However, try to set simple goals I tend to do one goal for a month. And 4 goals, so one goal each. It makes it easier for me that way.

It is about discipline. And having someone to keep you in check. (That worked for me)

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

On 6/8/2017 at 5:13 PM, slimeyfx said:

how do I get motivated to so I can start reaching goals again?

Don't. Screw motivation.  Motivation is fickle and unreliable and will let you down when you need it the most.

What you should do is come up with realistic, small changes you can make in your everyday life that you can keep doing even when you aren't motivated, because often you just won't be.

Pick a few small and simple things and keep doing them until they become part of your nature. If it is hard to keep going, think of ways that work for you to slog through. For many of us here just keeping a public record for accountability helps, for others making it into game is better. Only you know what is best for you. Once you are comfortable with your changes, pick a few more, and before you know it you will be beyond where you ever thought you could be. But it won't happen quickly, and you may not even notice it at all. Progress will sneak up on you like a ninja.  

I was about where you are (in terms of height and weight) 15 months ago but had been trying the motivation thing for years and quit everytime it got hard. By making my progress system driven rather than motivation driven I am now happy with where I am and enjoying the ride. And it happened so gradually that I can't point to any one thing I did that made the difference or when it happened.

Look around the forum and see what others are doing and see if you see something that works for you. Copy it and then start from there.

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Can't say much that hasn't been covered, but here's my 2 cents. 

Habit building. get into the habit of tracking your diet and exercise, don't bother trying to change either of those, just establish the habit of tracking it. It doesn't have to be very thorough, just an outline of wether you did exercise what foods you ate and how you feel about it. Then pick one thing, one less soda, one five minute warm up, one apple a day, or whatever. Just pick one thing to add or cut just a little of. Once it becomes habit (30 days is rule of thumb for habit change), it won't require as much effort to stick with it. Just keep going, one little tiny habit at a time.

Space_Elf, Fallohide Hobbit Level 0. STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log | 

Science fiction is an existential metaphor, that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."