Twoheadstalking joins the rebellion

Hello everyone,

I come to join you all in the rebellion, as I begin (or continue?) with my epic quest.

As a 37 y/o male who is quite overweight, starting to hit some health issues, and dealing with long term mental illnesses there really is no time like the present to get to work on all these things. Previous attempts to get healthier have all been very short lived so this time I am going for the small but steady progress approach, as frustrating as that can be. My current goals are of the vague eat healthier, get fitter and stronger variety with no real motivation other than these changes need to be made (and might be useful if the apocalypse occurs). 

I've spent enough time reading the articles on this site - now it's time to get doing.

Twoheadstalking

P.S. The whole "20 seconds of courage" things is meant to take all day to achieve - right? :beguiled:

• Like 1

Current challenge: The non challenge

48 minutes ago, twoheadstalking said:

P.S. The whole "20 seconds of courage" things is meant to take all day to achieve - right? :beguiled:

I think it's 20 seconds TOTAL over the course of the day.  Right?  Right?

Welcome aboard. I'm a total newbie here as well, so I can't really give much guidance, other than some general BS words of wisdom...

1. Don't fall down.

2. If you fall down, get back up and keep going.

3. Refer to rule #1, rinse and repeat as necessary.

• Like 2

- Brian -

Run, never.  Die, often.  Exlpore, ALWAYS!

Welcome! I think if your looking for long term change then small incremental changes are the way to go.

(I'm currently working on my own habit of daily walks of 15 minutes - long enough to get some exercise short enough I can excuse it for a daily thing).

And as you noted, don't get so caught up in the research that you don't actually DO anything ;)

Hey 2head,

it seems like you know what needs to be done, so I guess time to get on with it!

there will be days when u regress, or just don't feel up to it, etc. just do what you can, and just keep going. Eating a tub of ice cream when u shouldn't is a very bad reason to eat another tub. 

May the odds be ever in your favour. 

my journey to kickass-dom

E1RM: SQ: 130.9kg (Jul18); BP: 103.2kg (Aug18); DL: 150kg (Jun18); 
FSQ: 103.2kg (May18); OHP: 66.9kg (Dec17); PP: 72.5kg (Jul18)
2.4km/Cooper's Test: (10:22, Jun18)
Vitals: 40 yo, 1.7m, 74kg (Jul18)