• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

(Seems that the Adventurer's thread was deleted.)

Re-upload:

Welcome potential future Adventurers.  Thanks for stopping by!  The Adventurers have gone through some changes.  Originally a 'starter' Guild, the group has turned into a 'traveling'-based guild.  Those that are interested in:

-Geocaching

-Hiking

-Functional Strength-building

-And anything exploratory/adventure-y is included here.

If you have any questions, feel free to send a message to me, Teros. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well after looing at the class descriptions I was torn between Warrior and Ranger as a class, but have been Monk in the past, and possibly future.  I thought to myself what would combine all three of these and also be in-line with my Epic Quest?  Adventurers!    I was hoping to find more on this thread but like all Adventures it takes a first step so here is a post.

When I try to combine all of these characteristics into one example I think of Conan.  Supremely strong ( Warrior) Master of Sword (Monk) and of course Adventurous ( Adventurer)  at least at this point this is where I am aiming.   Asked a question about how to add in D&D style characteristics and Mr. Willes answered me.  I think that a Level 50 Adventurer could be Conan.  I may never be as strong as the Mountain, or as Dexterous as Bruce Lee, As Charismatic as Alexander the Great, Wise as The Tootsie Pop Owl, or as intelligent as a garden Snail, but I think it will be a tale of high adventure when the Skein of my like is finished.  TANSTAAFL!

Conan Mountain.jpg

Edited by GregT.
\Forgot tag Line
  • Like 2

On 9/20/2017 at 3:38 AM, GregT. said:

Well after looing at the class descriptions I was torn between Warrior and Ranger as a class, but have been Monk in the past, and possibly future.  I thought to myself what would combine all three of these and also be in-line with my Epic Quest?  Adventurers!    I was hoping to find more on this thread but like all Adventures it takes a first step so here is a post.

When I try to combine all of these characteristics into one example I think of Conan.  Supremely strong ( Warrior) Master of Sword (Monk) and of course Adventurous ( Adventurer)  at least at this point this is where I am aiming.   Asked a question about how to add in D&D style characteristics and Mr. Willes answered me.  I think that a Level 50 Adventurer could be Conan.  I may never be as strong as the Mountain, or as Dexterous as Bruce Lee, As Charismatic as Alexander the Great, Wise as The Tootsie Pop Owl, or as intelligent as a garden Snail, but I think it will be a tale of high adventure when the Skein of my like is finished.  TANSTAAFL!

Conan Mountain.jpg

Welcome! Being an Adventurer can be whatever you make it to be! 

I've caught up with your thread - I love that you want to see and do all that you can! Those are some great traits for Adventurers. I'm following your challenge now - good luck!

2 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Welcome! Being an Adventurer can be whatever you make it to be! 

I've caught up with your thread - I love that you want to see and do all that you can! Those are some great traits for Adventurers. I'm following your challenge now - good luck!

Thanks Sylvaa,

I'm trying to make it work.  I am so excited for today.  I AM GOING BACK TO THE GYM TO MOVE HEAVY OBJECTS!  I haven't embarked or been continuing a weight training program in 15 years.  I am giddy.  I know seems wrong, 6'3" (191 cm) and over 300 lbs (145 kg) using the word Giddy but I am!  I also started the PADI -Re-Activation  program this morning so Underwater adventure awaits again!

• Like 2

According to Steve Kamb:

Adventurers are brave souls who fear nothing and are always curious about what’s over the next hill or across the ocean.

They are often found working diligently with their allies to help ensure that every adventure leads down the correct path, exploring and learning for the sake of others.

* Fictional example: Indiana Jones, Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

* Real-world example: Les Stroud (Survivorman); Lewis and Clark, explorers

The Adventurers is also a great guild for nerds who are into adventure races, like the Spartan or Tough Mudder. Adventurers like to wander out of our comfort zone and challenge ourselves with new and exciting experiences.

Join us! Our guild is growing and we have two new guild leaders, myself and the brilliant @Sylvaa.

• Like 3