Short Girl Building Habits

Hi, guys! I wasn't sure if I should post or not, I tend to talk too much on things like this. But I feel like the more engaged on here I become the more I likely I am to stick to making good habits. I say making habits because I do work out occasionally, and very briefly. But Steve's email for building habits by walking 10 minutes every day is really helping me build consistency. And I want to do that before I tire myself out with workouts. Especially since my muscles are tight and my diet is eh, under progress.  

So I recently went through some hard stuff. And it made me realize that I had gotten heavy. I used to work in grocery, which meant a LOT of cardio and heavy lifting. 8 hours. 5 days a week. Plus I was eating very little, and extremely stressed. I don't want to work out for 8 hours a day every day, nor do I want to cut too much of my food supply. But I really want to get back to the 115 lb that I was then. Even still at 4'11, 115 made me feel a biiit flabby. But I got a taste of finally being comfortable in my own skin, and I need to get back there! Slow and steady. I had been working there a year and a half by the time I'd noticed those results, so I'm not expecting to get fit in the next 30 days. 

So, my plan is walking just to get me started. I really want to become the type of person who goes on walks and runs, and does yoga in the mornings. But I will definitely be looking into weight lifting soon! Having muscle is so nice. I was so proud of my strength.

Tl;dr Building habits! Walking! Yoga and strength! Can't wait.

• Like 2

Greetings Fellow Small Mighty Warrior!! I am 5' 1/2" and also weigh 115 pounds currently, and as you say, while I still feel a little on the chunky side, I am comfortable enough for the first time in many years to go out of the house in shorts, tank tops, dresses, etc. It's a very good feeling and I know you'll get it back yourself!! We're all rooting for you and we're all in this together!

I also agree with the other ladies who have posted here - walking does wonders. I hate running and am too busy to get to the gym more than a couple of hours a week, but I don't have a driver's license, so I walk a lot; and it always surprises me how good of a workout it can be.

And YESSS for weightlifting - it burns calories and makes you ready to tackle things in daily life.

You have excellent goals and a very strong start! I know you're going to be super successful! :D 

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Thank you to everyone for responding! @SkyGirl That confidence made such a huge impact in my life when I had it! I moved out of my family home, found a new job, life was good. Can't wait to get back there again. 

As an update, maybe I should do a new thread instead? I've just been doing the NF Beginner workout that starts off with just the warm up, push-ups, and squats, every other day. But I have made it a point to walk at least 10 minutes every day and I've been doing it a couple weeks I think- and just the fact that I've committed to something makes me feel good. Like I can actually do this and not be lazy and disappointed. 

Also, I like running. But I get super sweaty after just 2 minutes omg.