I don't know what happened!

So there I was, smashing PRs (not high ones as I was new to the gym anyway, but I was doing well) and now all of a sudden, my motivation is knackered and I'm knackered too! 

Any ideas? I've been going to the gym 3 times a week - this week I've slipped up (had a job interview to prepare for - doesn't sound major, but there was a lot of prep and stress and nerves) and now I've only been once this week. I'm going again tomorrow morning - I barely had the energy today to take a walk down the street, let alone to go to the gym. I'm house-sitting in a different town and I'm a bit further away from my gym. 

My diet hasn't been great this week either, and I don't know whether it was just because I'm out of my routine in a strange house that it's slipped - but I house-sit a lot for people (this is the first time since cracking the going to the gym thing) and I can't let it happen every time I house-sit. :(

I'm not feeling like a failure particularly, because I know that the path of progress is never straight forward. 

But I am stuck. Halp!

"I think it was blessed are the cheesemakers."

"What's so special about the cheesemakers?"

"Well obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products."

EriTheHedgehog, level 0 Wood elf. Druid at heart, training with the adventurers.

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Challenge 1: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42099-watch-out-world-eris-coming-to-getcha/

I heard somewhere that going every single day is better than going for a few days per week. 

Even if you don't go super hard, the idea is to get in every single day. 

Say you go on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, right? You have a hard day on Monday, and tell yourself that you can make it up the next day. Tuesday comes along.. you say you still have 5 more days in the week, so you decide to keep putting it off. Come Sunday, you haven't gone at all, because you haven't found the time. 

This is something that I would love to do. I read it on some website that I don't remember, but it makes a great deal of sense. You can't talk yourself into going another day because you have to go every day!

I made the excuse before that, after work, my back hurts too much to work out, because I'm so worn out (And an obese individual can easily have back pain). But now, today, I worked out on the same day as my work. My back was killing me, so I didn't work out the back as hard, but I still went to the gym, did as much as I could, and went home happy, knowing that I've accomplished something I didn't think I was going to be able to before. 

Hope this helps. I want to see you completely motivated for the next gym run!

• Like 1

That is a really great point! Thank you for that! I will give that a go until the weather starts to cool down - I'm pretty sure that's half the problem. When it's hot I don't even want to move, let alone hit the gym...

Thanks for your help!

"Well obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products."

EriTheHedgehog, level 0 Wood elf. Druid at heart, training with the adventurers.

Challenge 1: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42099-watch-out-world-eris-coming-to-getcha/

This respawn that it what I had to decide to do...7-10 days...on the calendar...at least 5 of those days to involve cardio/fat burning. It is always amazing how once we are there and going how energized we become, focused, and badass enough to tell the lil voices in our heads to shove off. Just get yourself there...it is incredible what happens after the first step. One of my goals it to replace the old habits of comfort eating and retreating into a fetal position into activity being my habit. Yep I will fail, we all do...the video clip from Rocky says it sooooo well.(Respawn page) That inspired me.

• Like 1

Thanks folks. ☺ my motivation is back and I'm feeling loads better. Really appreciate the support!

• Like 1