What women love about men.

I live in one of the hottest parts of Australia and trust me, you can totally pull of a kilt in hot weather.

When it's 40 Celsius out (that's like a 100 Fahrenheit right?) and you get a cool afternoon breeze up your kilt... heaven.

See, it takes a manly man to pull off a kilt! Best part of Braveheart; all those wild men fighting in kilts!

Not to spoil the fun but isn't this kinda wildly subjective for a topic?

I mean my wife hates, HATES, 'good looking' men. Her type seems to be big, ugly, stubbly men with a sense of humour (lucky for me)...

Yes, it is very subjective. Cue The Beautiful South..

"'Cause we love our loves, in different sizes,

I love her body, especially the lines..."

Personally physical appearance is the last thing I ever seem to notice about someone, and the more I like their personality, the more attractive I think they are. My friends think I'm a nut job. A typical example...

Friend: Who was that guy you were talking to?

Me: Which one?

Friend: The good looking one

Me: Which one was that?

Friend: The really cute one with the nice eyes and smile

Me: Errrrrr.....

Friend: You were talking to him for ages!!!

Me: Errrrr....

Friend: You were talking about *insert random topic here*

Me: Oh! You mean my friend * name*???

Me: Wait!!!? He's good looking???? *Looks round to check*

Friend: For Gods Sake Leanne!!!

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Not to spoil the fun but isn't this kinda wildly subjective for a topic?

I mean my wife hates, HATES, 'good looking' men. Her type seems to be big, ugly, stubbly men with a sense of humour (lucky for me), which comes from growing up with a rugby playing older brother and father and spending many a weekend watching people getting their faces crushed.

Yes it's entirely subjective. But if you look at the topic as a whole there are many different types of men described and to me that's great. There's someone out there for everyone. Except short dudes.

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

Yes it's entirely subjective. But if you look at the topic as a whole there are many different types of men described and to me that's great. There's someone out there for everyone. Except short dudes.

Maybe if two short dudes stood on each others shoulders and wore a big coat so they looked like a tall dude...

Also short dudes with no sense of humour, totes screwed.

• Like 1

Yes, it is very subjective. Cue The Beautiful South..

"'Cause we love our loves, in different sizes,

I love her body, especially the lines..."

Personally physical appearance is the last thing I ever seem to notice about someone, and the more I like their personality, the more attractive I think they are. My friends think I'm a nut job. A typical example...

Friend: Who was that guy you were talking to?

Me: Which one?

Friend: The good looking one

Me: Which one was that?

Friend: The really cute one with the nice eyes and smile

Me: Errrrrr.....

Friend: You were talking to him for ages!!!

Me: Errrrr....

Friend: You were talking about *insert random topic here*

Me: Oh! You mean my friend * name*???

Me: Wait!!!? He's good looking???? *Looks round to check*

Friend: For Gods Sake Leanne!!!

There's a lid for every pot ;)

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Here's a question (worth pondering at least)...

As you change (lose weight/become fitter/etc...) has your taste in others changed as well?

That is interesting….

I think I notice and appreciate a fit body more now. I realize the commitment and knowledge necessary to achieve it. I have more respect for someone with muscles instead of dismissing them as "jocks" or too self-involved. 

• Like 1

Guest Dirty Deads

I've known a couple women and I'm guilty of it myself to an extent that the more out of shape I am the more unrealistic my "type" is. I'm fairly certain that it's a defense mechanism. At least one of these women I know is around 350 lbs. and was a 30 y/o virgin because she would only accept model/GQ types. She lost a little weight and met a guy who didn't fit tat at all.

I've known a couple women and I'm guilty of it myself to an extent that the more out of shape I am the more unrealistic my "type" is. I'm fairly certain that it's a defense mechanism. At least one of these women I know is around 350 lbs. and was a 30 y/o virgin because she would only accept model/GQ types. She lost a little weight and met a guy who didn't fit tat at all.

I agree, I know a number of older single people (male & female) who are really out of shape that are holding out for their "ideal"…. at 40 and 50 y/o. 

I think when I was younger I always dismissed really fit guys because I felt like they were out of my "league". Much safer sticking to the funny average Joe.