Alright guys.

Here we are.

After weeks of lurking on the Nerd Fitness site I finally decided to buck up and buy the Academy. I've started working my way through the week 1 quests and I'm going on my first workout today. Wish me luck!

Olivia aka Firebrand

You got this, Olivia! Don't forget what you're doing this for!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Way to go Firebrand! (I love your name!!) You rock!

What are some of the goals you're working toward? How did your first workout go?

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Way to go Firebrand! (I love your name!!) You rock!

What are some of the goals you're working toward? How did your first workout go?

Well thank you! My current goals are to be able to do pull ups and to lose some weight. My first workout went well. I did my second workout today which also went well! I'm just taking it slow to start because I've burned myself out before doing too much too fast, but I'm feeling good and having fun with the small victories so far.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, meaningofnight said:

Well thank you! My current goals are to be able to do pull ups and to lose some weight. My first workout went well. I did my second workout today which also went well! I'm just taking it slow to start because I've burned myself out before doing too much too fast, but I'm feeling good and having fun with the small victories so far.

Those are good goals! And very wise of you to know not to start too fast - I may or may not have had to find that out the hard way too. ;) 

What were your first two workouts like? Like what did you do? I don't have the Academy, so I'm very curious!   :) 

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Those are good goals! And very wise of you to know not to start too fast - I may or may not have had to find that out the hard way too. [emoji6] 

What were your first two workouts like? Like what did you do? I don't have the Academy, so I'm very curious!   [emoji4] 

It's better that you learn this lesson now, than later on and do more damage to yourself

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

17 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Those are good goals! And very wise of you to know not to start too fast - I may or may not have had to find that out the hard way too. ;) 

What were your first two workouts like? Like what did you do? I don't have the Academy, so I'm very curious!   :) 

I kind of modified them to better suit my needs and the time I had before work each day. On Monday I did 3 rounds of:

10 squats

10 elevated pushups

10 bodyweight rows

Followed by 3 rounds on 30 secs on, 30 secs off farmer's walks with a 15 lb kettle bell in each hand.

On Wednesday I was short on time so I did 3 rounds of

10 Good Mornings in a squat positions

5 Wall walks with my feet kicked out behind me

Then I did 3x 20 sec planks.

The Academy has been really great for me. Even though I've had it less than a week having spent money on something and the desire to check those quests off has really motivated me. I'm thinking of starting a tumblr just to log and post things as I go.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, meaningofnight said:

I kind of modified them to better suit my needs and the time I had before work each day. On Monday I did 3 rounds of:

10 squats

10 elevated pushups

10 bodyweight rows

Followed by 3 rounds on 30 secs on, 30 secs off farmer's walks with a 15 lb kettle bell in each hand.

On Wednesday I was short on time so I did 3 rounds of

10 Good Mornings in a squat positions

5 Wall walks with my feet kicked out behind me

Then I did 3x 20 sec planks.

The Academy has been really great for me. Even though I've had it less than a week having spent money on something and the desire to check those quests off has really motivated me. I'm thinking of starting a tumblr just to log and post things as I go.

That's a great idea! I've found that keeping a log on my thread here on NF keeps me motivated too - way to go getting a strong start!! That's a tough workout!   :) 

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

2 hours ago, meaningofnight said:

So I finally finished the update of all my write ups so far on my new tumblr https://ladyfirebrand.tumblr.com

Give me a follow to keep up to date with my goings ons and feel free to shoot me asks at any time!

I went back a ways and found your mindset post, and I loved it!

I'll be following along for sure!!

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The nerd fitness academy is kind of their main program here at Nerd fitness. You can buy it right through the site, but personally I'd sign up for the email list and follow along with those free ones for a while before you decide

20 minutes ago, Diego Moreno said:

What's the academy and where you buy it? I just basically logged in like 5 mins ago