ready to eat clean and exercise regularly (again)

Hi all,

I fell off the exercise wagon a few months ago due to injuries and stopped eating clean 'cause...well, comfort food during a period of feeling bummed out.  

But the motivation has returned, and I want to try to work around my injuries.  I'm curious to see if/how participating in NerdFitness will help keep the motivation alive.  Any tips?

Current plan :

1)  Use My Plate from Livestrong to track eating habits.  Aim for a balance of about 1.5k calories per day.  High protein, fewer carbs.

2)  Exercise 5-6 days/week.  I play soccer on Sundays and basketball on Wednesdays already.  Lift weights M & Th.  Take a walk with a weighted backpack, or run, for one or twoother days.

Specific Goal:

3) Lose 1 lb/week for the next 12 weeks.

Level 0 Half-Elf Adventurer (-->Ranger) 

Goal : Change percentage body fat from 17% to 12%.

10%
10%

It sounds like you exercise pretty hard 4 days a week.  Maybe the other 3 days should be gentler stuff like walking, swimming or yoga.  Just a thought.

Eat more veggies.  All the veggies.  The more veggies, the less room for crap in your diet.  I love comfort food too, but you needn't fill your stomach with it, just have a small serving of it alongside something less rich.  Which may mean that when you whip up brownies or mac and cheese, some of it goes into the freezer or into the hands of your coworkers.

Are there any ethnic cuisines that interest you?  A lot of "traditional" diets are very healthy and comforting, without the baggage of modern junk food.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Thanks for the reply, Raincloak!  Well, I exercise twice a week right now with the team sports.  I'd like to begin the weight training again for two days.  And, yes, I'll consider yoga, swimming or walking (or resting!) the other days - good idea. :)

I also appreciate the tips on eating.  Lots of veggies got it.  While I don't enjoy cooking, I'm sure I can figure out a way to incorporate some yummy veggies.

Also, I'm wondering how https://www.nerdfitness.com/ works with https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/.  The latter seems a lot more informative and interactive with forums and challenges.  The former looks more game-like, with your character and class and epic quest, but it seems more isolated as if its meant to be used by an individual without a connection to the NF community.

Level 0 Half-Elf Adventurer (-->Ranger) 

Goal : Change percentage body fat from 17% to 12%.

10%
10%