Afternoon folks

My name is Scott, I am from Johnstone in Scotland and I have been lurking around the site and forums for about two weeks now. I am blessed to be father to a 5 year sold son and have just found out my partner and I are expecting a baby. With this in mind I need to get my mind and body in order. In my younger days I played rugby, football, hockey and did athletics. I then tore my ligaments in my right leg and had to have cartilage removed from my knee, thus ending my sporting career. This was over a decade ago. Slowly since then I have put on around 3 stone in weight and lost any semblance of my prior fitness. I have used the ongoing aches in my leg as an excuse and this has to stop.

Nerd fitness appeals to me as I am a life long gamer on console and now mostly PC. the language used in all the articles and guides has really spurred me on and inspired to me finally join the academy. Still waiting on approval to join the facebook group.

I have already started on this journey. I have been logging all my food and maintaining a 500 calorie deficit everyday. I have been using c25k app to get my fitness level up 3 times a week and also doing strength training 3 times a week. I was hoping to launch straight into free weights but found that I was too weak. I have been doing the bodyweight 1A and 1B for 2 days now sicne joining the academy and have been visiting my local gym for 2 weeks now using the dreaded machines to get my basic strength up. I don't have many people in my lie who dive into things with the level of enthusiasm that I try to maintain. I am hoping that the fine people in the facebook group, this forum and the guidance from the academy will not only get me fit, but inspire onto greater things.

Thanks to NerdFitness for the motivation and thank you all for reading this

• Like 1

Looking for discipline and enthusiasm in my day to day chaos!

Battle Log

hey scott, welcome and good luck. 

injuries are a pain in the ass as you are never quite the same, BUT that doesn't mean you can't achieve a high level of awesomeness. You seem to be doing the right things already, so just keep showing up. 

my journey to kickass-dom

E1RM: SQ: 130.9kg (Jul18); BP: 103.2kg (Aug18); DL: 150kg (Jun18); 
FSQ: 103.2kg (May18); OHP: 66.9kg (Dec17); PP: 72.5kg (Jul18)
2.4km/Cooper's Test: (10:22, Jun18)
Vitals: 40 yo, 1.7m, 74kg (Jul18)

4 minutes ago, godjira1 said:

hey scott, welcome and good luck. 

injuries are a pain in the ass as you are never quite the same, BUT that doesn't mean you can't achieve a high level of awesomeness. You seem to be doing the right things already, so just keep showing up. 

Thank you very much for the kind words

It has been easier in the last couple of weeks as work has been quieter and the sun has been shining (a real rarity in Scotland!). My concerns come from when I end up back under pressure at work, its pouring outside and I start to think that I have never 100%  completed final fantasy IX! Need the help a place like this can give me with people to hold me accountable and a constant influx of new information. 

Thanks again

Looking for discipline and enthusiasm in my day to day chaos!

Battle Log

Welcome to club Asteros,

I'm happy to see that you have goals to achieve, despite the setbacks! I know some days can be taxing, and difficult to find the motivation to continue. I hope being part of this community is what helps you complete every mission, including the Final Fantasy one!!