Tips on bouncing back

Since joining the rebellion things haven't exactly gone as planned for me. Although some small progress has been made overall it feels like the last few weeks have been full of setbacks, in particular a couple of friendships haven't turned out as expected.

Do you have any tips for bouncing back from such things? They can be general, or specific to things like, e.g. diet, exercise, mental/emotional health, friendships, romances etc.

Current challenge: The non challenge

I say the best thing you can do about friendship/relationship fallouts is to make sure you improve yourself, so that they see that you didn't really need them to succeed. The best case for someone who isn't your friend is to see you fail.

I want to see you kick some butt! Go do something great!

• Like 2

On 24/06/2017 at 11:51 PM, Irroxin said:

I say the best thing you can do about friendship/relationship fallouts is to make sure you improve yourself, so that they see that you didn't really need them to succeed. 

That's a great idea, and allows me to re-focus. 

On 24/06/2017 at 11:51 PM, Irroxin said:

I want to see you kick some butt! Go do something great!

Thanks for the encouragement, I want that too :)

17 hours ago, OptimusPrime69 said:

Listen to Jocko Willink's podcasts. He is a former Navy SEAL. His podcasts always get me fired up.

http://jockopodcast2.com/

Thanks for the recommendation,I'll check him out.

Current challenge: The non challenge

Working out momentum 

We get junk momentum, we slowly start adding bad things into our diet, we slowly start missing workouts, before we know it, we've gained 5 lbs and haven't worked out for months.

Pick one thing to create that spark, that start. Slowly but surely the momentum will get stronger and better.

• Like 2

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

Don't overlook the small stuff. You would be amazed at how significant it is realizing that a habit you have been working on for months finally becomes something you don't need to think about. You just do it. Also create a plan or timeline for yourself. You don't necessarily have to follow it to the T but if gives you something to work towards. 

I'm sorry about the friendships but if they can't handle you trying to better yourself, then maybe it's for the best. 

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!