23 year old here. Male. From Mexico.

I have been physically active for periods, then I drop off.

I've done gymnastics as a child.

I played soccer (but pretty much sucked at it..)

Then I did swimming, I don't remember why I dropped off. (Age 13)

Then Joined the gym. I bulked up and changed my diet but It was all muscles and no flexibility, mobility also if for some reason I couldn't do my workout because of lack of equipment I would get frustrated and do nothing... that's why I want to do Bodyweight now) (age 15-17)

Then I joined a theatre group. And they would put us do a lot of excercise (sort of crossfit) and this is the most ripped I've been, but I also would be very stiff.

Then I decided the gym and lifting was boring and not dynamic also I didn't gain dexterity (wanted to be better at sports). So I swifted to yoga, which helped me gain awareness of my body. I did it for like Six months. Also I returned to swim, which I did little. I came back to the gym but I felt it stiffed me up. (18-20)

Then I moved to another city and I did P90x, insanity. I completed the challenge but I never got ripped. I came back to the city I grew up and I met this ex-body guard who taught me wing chun (martial art) for a couple of months. (22, yes I did nothing for like a year and a half). His wife would teach me yoga in exchange I would teach them both Spanish. For some reason we ended the practices but it was enough to learn movements I could practice of my own.

Today (23), I want a solid physical practice that will give me strength, flexibility, endurance, dynamic movement, mobility.

I do yoga regularly, but I thing I might be missing the explosive part. So I might want to do body weight and cardio. Also keep it dynamic and fun so I keep motivated on doing it and acquire good dexterity and stamina to play more sports. 

I'd be happy to share my progress and hear your feedback and contribute in some way to this community!

Sincerely,

Diego Moreno 

Hey Diego, welcome to NF!

There's a fitness program called Elements by GMB (not affiliated with Nerd Fitness) that addresses all of the things you're looking for, with a strong emphasis on mobility and physical awareness. It's a pre-gymnastic program, and they have more advanced programs that teach you a lot of more advanced body skills (handstands, flips, ring workouts, etc). 

Or maybe parkour? It's basically all dynamic bodyweight exercises and cardio. There are plenty of parkour starter videos on Youtube, or you could visit the Assassins threads and find someone into it and ask them for more info. 

Let us know if you have any specific questions about your goals or the forums! As long as you stay positive, you'll be able to contribute to the community no problem ;)

Welcome on board!  I hope you enjoy being a member of this community. :) 

Have you found your way around the forum ok?  Do you have any questions that we can help you with?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 7/2/2017 at 5:35 PM, Wobbegong said:

Hey Diego, welcome to NF!

There's a fitness program called Elements by GMB (not affiliated with Nerd Fitness) that addresses all of the things you're looking for, with a strong emphasis on mobility and physical awareness. It's a pre-gymnastic program, and they have more advanced programs that teach you a lot of more advanced body skills (handstands, flips, ring workouts, etc). 

Or maybe parkour? It's basically all dynamic bodyweight exercises and cardio. There are plenty of parkour starter videos on Youtube, or you could visit the Assassins threads and find someone into it and ask them for more info. 

Let us know if you have any specific questions about your goals or the forums! As long as you stay positive, you'll be able to contribute to the community no problem ;)

Thank you. I found it to be rather expensive, I will start with the free material.

It seems pretty complete though, and yes, it was what I was looking for.

Thanks!

• Like 1
On 7/16/2017 at 11:11 AM, Guzzi said:

Welcome on board!  I hope you enjoy being a member of this community. :) 

Have you found your way around the forum ok?  Do you have any questions that we can help you with?

Hello, Thanks welcoming me.

Yes, I have one question:

Is there a section where members post their progress ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Diego Moreno said:

Is there a section where members post their progress ?

Depends what you mean by progress. There's the "woot room" for quick successes or accomplishments, the 4 Week Challenges for short-term habit forming tracking (you get a lot of support over there), and the Battle Logs for any other kind of ongoing tracking you may want to pursue. 

Some people use their Battle Logs to track weight loss progress, the food they're eating, their lifting progressions, or even just their daily lives. Your Battle Log can be anything you want it to be. 

The 4WCs are more about pursuing small, incremental changes to your lifestyle (fitness, diet, and other) over the course of four weeks. So if you're working on a particular habit or skill, that might be the place to track it. Up to you!

Yeah, the battle log is a great way to track your progress and you can make it how ever you like.  Like Wobegong said, if you want to just make notes of your lifts, that's fine, if you want to turn it into a journal that's fine too. 

Have fun!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously