Evicious: Gain the High Ground, 5th Wave

Evicious

Last challenge I committed to completely giving up alcohol. I was successful in this endeavor (as well as my other goals), and found a new appreciation for all the benefits that come with not being a regular drinker. I have decided to continue this goal, in the hopes it will be the keystone to my overarching effort:

time-to-lose-weight-white-background-ret

In the past few challenges, I have focused on improving my diet and working out consistently. I am now at the point where I have a solid foundation of recipes I enjoy meal prepping and consuming, and a workout routine that I both enjoy and innately push to see progress in. Now I want to hone these choices into a singular effort to start pairing down on the extra inches I've been carrying around. I am overweight by an estimated 15Lbs (-/+). I make this estimation based on previous clothing, rather than pounds - but the number on the scale has increased in conjunction with my clothing size, and I cannot ignore that correlation. My intention is to use my clothes as the final measure of my progress, and the scale for weekly indications of my speed and direction down this path.

And.... *deep breath*... I will commit to posting weekly Challenge progress photos. Not because I think I'm going to make that much progress, but because I want to start documenting my progress with pictures so that I can put together the Ultimate Flip Book of Fitness Progress.

Let the saga continue…

ULTIMATE GOAL: Gain the High Ground

Spoiler

This is the most crucial goal to achieve, because once you own the hill you’ve pretty much won every battle after that. The only thing you have to do from that point on is keep your balance, and not let anything sneak up to the walls.

Also, be ready to light the Beacon of Gondor if the enemy starts to overwhelm.

Gaining the high ground means reaching a point where I no longer have to fight to maintain everything. It means I’ve found what works for me, and I do it automatically every time, without questioning its necessity.

Intelligence Report

Spoiler

It’s vital to every military operation that you have a working knowledge of your enemy beforehand. Having fought the holidays on many previous occasion, I am already armed with the aforementioned knowledge. And here’s what I know:

The Four Holidays of Undoing

Halloween – Infiltrates the mind via Pinterest browsing, luring unwary Pinners into harvest-themed feasts and imaginative cocktails sugary enough to kill a witch.

Thanksgiving – Snatches innocent cooks up by the throat and stuffs them like a goose being fattened for pate’. And like the goose, the poor cook musters only the weakest of resistance.

Christmas – Wraps hapless carolers in layers of soft clothing, firelight, and warm apple cider while simultaneously singing happy lies about how far away swimsuit season is.

New Year’s Eve – Preys upon those sucked into the grey vacuum of time between December 26th and January 1st, plying them with drinks and leftover Christmas ham, and the promise that “Next year you’ll do better! Just enjoy yourself in the meantime.”

Those are the Final Bosses. But they’re not the only ones: some of their minor bosses will have to be confronted before I can advance to the end game.

Minor Holidays of Undoing

My Birthday – A tradition of slothfulness and gluttony; the official slogan is “Do nothing, eat everything”.

St. Patty’s Day – Loud music and green food coloring in every consumable available disorients festival-goers, making healthy choices seem dowdy and the unhealthy delightful.

Cinco de Mayo – A devilish combination of taco worship and low-priced cervezas is a crossroad deal: it’s all sugar skulls  salsa and salsa-ing ahora, but you sell your soul down the toilet bowl come mañana.

4th of July – Uses good ol’ fashioned American peer pressure to turn a day of historical remembrance into one only those under the age of 18 will remember (or at least not regret).

Materiel Report

Spoiler

You can have all the fighting spirit in the world, but without a steady supply chain bringing you the right equipment at the right time, the battle will be lost. Previous engagements have highlighted my most pressing needs and valuable assets for this war:

MREs – AKA, meal prepping. The tastier, healthier version of the military’s MRE, meal prepping takes the guess work out of my diet and lets me focus on getting through the rest of my day. I have done this in the past with enormous success, but I made the mistake of sacrificing variety for cooking convenience. Lack of enthusiasm for my prepped food (“Baked chicken and broccoli again…. Yay…”) led to unhealthy choices on the fly (“Burger King’s not *so* bad, right? It’s just a hamburger…”). This time around, I will focus on creating a menu of high quality items for the week that I will be happy to select from every day.

Fresh water – I am a multiple-carafe-a-day kind of coffee drinker. My hydration levels routinely hover between “I am drinking a cup of coffee now” and “I’ll go pee on my way to the coffee pot for a refill.” I am aware this is not an ideal method of hydrating. I have decided to swap my travel mug out for my large water bottle. This will have two effects: one, I will no longer be able to carry coffee with me everywhere I go; and two, I will be carrying water with me everywhere I go.

Rucksack – Not just a gym bag. I have made a point of packing a gym bag for myself in the past, but that met with mixed success. Some days I’d forget to pack it the night before, and would be too rushed to do it in the morning. Other times, I’d pack it the night before and simply forget to bring it with me. And sometimes I’d change my mind about the workout I had packed for and use that as an excuse to go home and binge-watch Netflix. This time around, I want to upgrade my gym bag to a rucksack: a single bag to consolidate my purse, my lunch box, and my gym bag. I have a large backpack that will serve my purpose perfectly. I can pack for multiple workouts, and I am guaranteed not to forget to bring it because I will literally only have one bag to carry.

Med Kit – No, not a real one (although I do have several). This is my “I fucked up” kit. I anticipate I’m going to lose some battles, either due to poor judgment calls on my part or simple exhaustion. My med kit will have the following: coconut water, a snack pack of trail mix, a simple bodyweight workout card, and notebook for reflection on the 5 W’s of the failure.

Assault Plan

Spoiler

This is not a passive endeavor. I am not trying to dodge bullets anymore: I am going on the attack. This is a full-on assault against all the factors that have brought me where I am (and keep bringing me back again). So here’s the plan:

I never rush. I prepare for every day in advance. Every evening I pack my rucksack with my workout gear and work clothes, and my lunchbox with my chosen meal (which will go in the rucksack when I leave). Every evening I lay out the clothes I’ll be wearing to my morning workout, including my FitBit (I put that on the charger if the battery is low).

I get up early. I get up at 04:00 to give myself enough time to enjoy a cup of coffee before the gym. I pack my lunch in my rucksack, and spend a few minutes mentally going over my workout and what I want to get out of it. Then I pick up my rucksack and go.

I move. I set my FitBit to remind me to move every hour throughout my day. If I’m in a meeting, I at least stand up from my seat. If I’m at my desk, I take a lap around the building.

I reward myself at the end of the day with a workout. After spending 90% of my day staring at a computer, I get to go to the gym and literally unwind. Whether its yoga, weights, or just a slow jog on the treadmill, I get out of my head and back into my body.

I go to bed on time. I go to bed at 20:00, so at 19:00 I start preparing for tomorrow morning. I take care of my evening hygiene, and I go the fuck to sleep. Because tomorrow is another fight, and I need my beauty sleep so I can look good while I’m kicking ass.

RANGER TRAINING

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (outside/treadmill)

Active Work - Pick 3 exercises for 4 sets each

- Barbell: Squat / Deadlift / Bench Press / Row

- Dumbbell: Curl / Press/ Fly / Kickback / Side Raise / Row

- Cable: Pull-up / Pull-down / Extension / Curl / Fly

- Bodyweight: Plank / Weighted Russian Twist / Flutter Kicks / Ab Roller Wheel

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Scoring

I’m doing this the old fashioned way and keeping a straight tally. Only mini-boss and boss fights are worth more: 5 marks for a mini-boss, 10 for a boss-boss. There is no end goal: I want my high ground to be an ever-growing mountain of the skulls of my enemies.

Tally      W1 ///// - /////      W2 ///// - /////      W3 ///// - /////       W4 ///// - ///// 

12 Feb - 11 Mar      One mini-boss battle included       Grade:  F

19 Mar - 15 Apr      One mini-boss battle included       Grade:  A

23 Apr - 20 May      One mini-boss battle included       Grade:  B

27 May - 23 Jun      No mini-boss battle this 4WC         Grade: B+

09 Jul - 05 Aug        One mini-boss battle included        Grade: B

Shit that's changed

No more crazy work shifts for myself or my husband, so I am hoping that this challenge remains uneventful throughout. :) 

DOMESTIC RANGERING

M            Vacuum & Sweep

T              Clean guest bathroom

W            Vacuum & Sweep

Th           Clean master bathroom

F              Vacuum & Sweep

Sa            Laundry & General Pick-up (house & yard)

Su            Grocery shopping & meal prep

Daily:      Clean kitchen before bed

Clean litterbox

• Like 4

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Week 0

08128985ea4a973f1d1a436031887f0e.jpg

RANGER TRAINING                                         ///// - /////

Spoiler

M                    Daily Steps: 5,650

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Time: 17:03 - I walked the first and last 1/4 mile; gotta ease back into this after the last 2 weeks with nothing!

T                      Daily Steps: 4,837

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Time: MM:SS

W                    Daily Steps: 3,552

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Th                    Daily Steps: 5,372

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

F                      Daily Steps: 3,467

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOMESTIC RANGERING                                                /////

Spoiler

M            Vacuum & Sweep - Husband did a lot of this! :) 

Clean litterbox

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE DAILY CAMPFIRE                                     /////

Spoiler

M                    Daily Calories: 1,230 - If MFP's calculator is correct, this is much too low. I literally did not put anything else in mouth that wasn't water, so I'm going to have to bump this number up another 200+ kcal at least.

Spoiler

Breakfast: Egg and avocado breakfast sandwich, 383 kcal

Spoiler

2x eggs (cooked in microwave), 2 oz avocado, 1 Aunt Hattie's Hamburger Potato Bun

Pic: Forgot to take one before I ate it!

Lunch: "Seafood Salad", 257 kcal

Spoiler

1 cup imitation crab meat, 4 cups loose-packed spinach leaves, 1 cup chopped cucumber,  2 oz chopped carrot, 8x cherry tomatoes

19467745_1692546937707507_11553028951102

Dinner: Grilled teriyaki pork chop with sides, 415 kcal

Spoiler

5 oz grilled marinated pork chop, 5 oz yellow potato, 1 cup cooked broccoli

19575339_1692628384366029_28239056715885

Snacks: Apple, string cheese stick, 175 kcal

Spoiler

Pic

T                      Daily Calories: 1,742

Spoiler

Breakfast: Protein shake with banana and avocado, 356 kcal

Spoiler

6 oz banana, 2 oz avocado, 1/2 scoop whey protein powder, water

19437559_1692861974342670_23601215856310

Lunch: Left over grilled pork chop and broccoli, 333 kcal

Spoiler

19466441_1692951181000416_82742029341398

Dinner: Bratwurst on potato bun (x2) with homemade french fries, 878 kcal

Spoiler

19437633_1693358370959697_56232364833877

Snacks:  Honeycrisp apple and mozzarella string cheese stick, 175 kcal

Spoiler

Pic

W                    Daily Calories: 1,448

Spoiler

Breakfast: Burger King Veggie Burger (no drink or sides), 410 kcal

Spoiler

19453012_1693282254300642_72968688290841

Lunch: Left over grilled pork chop and broccoli,, 333 kcal

Spoiler

19601268_1693433697618831_42117049955627

Dinner: "Pizza Pasta" boxed meal (Banquet), 530 kcal

Spoiler

19437687_1693786314250236_45630642996379

Snacks: Honeycrisp apple, mozzarella string cheese stick, yellow potato with Sriracha, 385 kcal

Spoiler

19437480_1693786277583573_44104471177252

Th                    Daily Calories: 1,330

Spoiler

Breakfast: , 372 kcal

Spoiler

19437592_1693786267583574_35219254002538

Lunch: Salad with hard-boiled egg and mozzarella string cheese stick (cut-up), 253 kcal

Spoiler

19598436_1694219174206950_87303385598765

Dinner: Homemade fish cakes (I had 3 - see The See-Foodie group for recipe), 537 kcal

Spoiler

19510218_1694219214206946_65268383254145

Snacks: Honeycrisp apple, mozzarella string cheese stick (work); popcorn (home, after-dinner snack), 195 kcal

Spoiler

Pic

F                      Daily Calories: 1,255

Spoiler

Breakfast: Leftover homemade fish cake (just 1) , 170 kcal

Spoiler

19477734_1694244697537731_93540844738408

Lunch: 2x leftover homemade fish cakes (last ones), 253 kcal

Spoiler

19621180_1694321630863371_73680574886347

Dinner: Arby's Regular Roast Beef sandwich (double meat), 500 kcal

Spoiler

No Pic

Snacks: Honeycrisp apple, mozzarella string cheese stick, hard-boiled egg

Spoiler

No Pic

Progress Tracker

Spoiler

WARNING - CONTAINS PHOTOS

27JUN17 - 192Lbs

Spoiler

19511357_1692856534343214_27220331907236 19437629_1692856387676562_98446354026953 19429994_1692856237676577_63760319424015

• Like 2

Keep up the momentum!

Week 1

Spoiler

W                    Daily Steps: 7,971

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Th                    Daily Steps: Forgot my FitBit at home :( Then didn't do anything for the rest of the day

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

F                      Daily Steps: #####

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Spoiler

Clean litterbox

Spoiler

W                    Daily Calories: 1,597

Spoiler

Breakfast: 2x random microwaved potatoes; Burger King Whopper (plain - literally just a patty and bun), 420 kcal

Spoiler

No Pic of the potatoes- ate them in the car on the way to work.

19756410_1697005137261687_46138596813137

Lunch: Homemade bean burrito (canned beans + tortilla) with greek yogurt, 517 kcal

Spoiler

No Pic

Dinner: "Creamy Chicken & Biscuits" boxed meal (Banquet), 660 kcal

Spoiler

19731829_1697005150595019_61433236065765

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

Th                    Daily Calories: ????

Spoiler

Breakfast: 1/2 Tuna Wrap (store-bought)

Spoiler

19665568_1697005167261684_62937578530695

Lunch: 1/2 Tuna Wrap (store-bought)

Spoiler

19665568_1697005167261684_62937578530695

Dinner: Vegetable pho, 2x giant spring rolls with peanut sauce (not pictured)

Spoiler

19598817_1697005227261678_10792753225576

Snacks: 8.5 oz red potato (microwaved)

Spoiler

19732112_1697005183928349_74590375498850

F                      Daily Calories: ####

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch

Spoiler

Pic

Dinner

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

Keep up the momentum!

Week 2

Spoiler

M                    Daily Steps: 5,092

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

T                      Daily Steps: 5,171

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

W                    Daily Steps: 8,084

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Th                    Daily Steps: #####

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Spoiler

Clean litterbox

Spoiler

M                    Daily Calories: ????

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch: Garden wrap

Spoiler

19961498_1698231793805688_48262698454952

Dinner: Steal, potato, veggies

Spoiler

19989593_1699280510367483_31070655404733

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

T                      Daily Calories: ????

Spoiler

Breakfast: Fish cake (not shown, becuase I ate it before I remembered to take a pic) and canned, pickled beets

Spoiler

19989302_1699280560367478_84874890131377

Lunch: Leftover steak, veggies and a potato

Spoiler

20046714_1699280607034140_58540325953506

Dinner: A mutherfuckin Southern feast! Grilled chicken thighs, pork rib, and mushrooms with green beans and macraroni-n-cheese

Spoiler

19958900_1699280637034137_73517694685045

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

W                    Daily Calories: ????

Spoiler

Breakfast: Fish cake and beets (no pic)

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch: Leftover steak, green beans and canned mushrooms

Spoiler

19989592_1699280687034132_41648019685246

Dinner: Rice stick noodles with Prego spaghetti sauce (don't judge), cut-up leftover grilled chicken breast and the last of the grilled mushrooms. No pic, because I was in a hurry to eat and go shopping with my friend.

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

Th                    Daily Calories: ####

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch

Spoiler

Pic

Dinner

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch

Spoiler

Pic

Dinner

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

Keep up the momentum!

Week 3

Spoiler

M                    Daily Steps: #####

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

T                      Daily Steps: #####

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

W                    Daily Steps: #####

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Spoiler

Clean litterbox

Spoiler

M                    Daily Calories: ####

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch

Spoiler

Pic

Dinner

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

T                      Daily Calories: ####

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch

Spoiler

Pic

Dinner

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

W                    Daily Calories: ####

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch

Spoiler

Pic

Dinner

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch

Spoiler

Pic

Dinner

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch

Spoiler

Pic

Dinner

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

Keep up the momentum!

Week 4

Spoiler

M                    Daily Steps: #####

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

T                      Daily Steps: #####

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

W                    Daily Steps: #####

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Spoiler

10 minute Warm Up

- Rowing machine

- Cycling

- Walking (treadmill)

Cardio

1 mile run (treadmill)

Spoiler

Clean litterbox

Spoiler

M                    Daily Calories: ####

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch

Spoiler

Pic

Dinner

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

T                      Daily Calories: ####

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch

Spoiler

Pic

Dinner

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

W                    Daily Calories: ####

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch

Spoiler

Pic

Dinner

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch

Spoiler

Pic

Dinner

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

Spoiler

Breakfast

Spoiler

Pic

Lunch

Spoiler

Pic

Dinner

Spoiler

Pic

Snacks

Spoiler

Pic

Keep up the momentum!

FIRST!!! Kinda... 

Following again, fellow RAGEr! You've made excellent progress. Let's keep it up!

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

1 hour ago, RhiaWolfe said:

FIRST!!! Kinda... 

Following again, fellow RAGEr! You've made excellent progress. Let's keep it up!

LOL Yes! :D We shall keep it up indeed! Together, we will conquer all our goals and defeat all our demons!

mlfw374_12286_-_animated_rainbow_dash.gi

31 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Out of curiosity, are you planning on staying alcohol free for the 4th of July?

I haven't decided yet... I'm curious to see where my tolerance levels are after so long without drinking... buuuuut I'm also hesitant because I don't want to enjoy myself drinking and feel like I'm "depriving" myself over the next couple weeks either. <--- I guess this applies to Week 0 (this week).

I dunno. I'll probably make the decision spur-of-the-moment. Just realized I answered my own question! :P  Week 1 will begin the official "Eat healthy, work hard, lose weight" campaign so I won't be drinking from that point forward.

• Like 2

Keep up the momentum!

30 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Good luck on the no drinking! Ive been drinking a bit this week *roll eyes* need to reign it in again...

Following along :) x

Thanks, @Salinger! :D It took me a veeeeeerrrry long time to get to a point where I felt I had a reasonable chance of success at this goal. I can't count the number of challenges I included "cut back on drinking" as one of my soft goals. Come to think of it... I don't believe I ever 100% succeeded any time I did include a goal like that.

BUT.

Sometimes I did, for a little while. Some days I did manage to drink a little less. And that led to a couple of days in a row where I drank less. And that led to a couple of strange days where I didn't actually drink at all. And then a few days in a row where I didn't drink. And then a week went by without drinking, and I drank myself silly that weekend in celebration (and immediately regretted it the next day). And then it started to become more normal to not drink for several days in a row, and I started noticing the negatives of drinking in between those days - that I felt more tired, that I had headaches, that I didn't eat well and I felt worse because of that, too...

And eventually, I got to the last challenge, and I realized something that changed everything for me on this one goal.

That I didn't get to this point by succeeding. I got here because I didn't stop trying. And I figured, "Ok, so I think I can succeed now. But even if I don't, it's still going to get me closer to my goal anyway."

So I said I'd try - really try - and see just how far I could get. And I got to here: right where I said I'd go, right where I wanted to be. ^_^ 

So my advice to you on this front is to keep cutting back on your drinking. No matter how many times you fail, just keep trying. It *is* making a difference. I guarantee it.

• Like 2

Keep up the momentum!

1 hour ago, Evicious said:

I haven't decided yet... I'm curious to see where my tolerance levels are after so long without drinking... buuuuut I'm also hesitant because I don't want to enjoy myself drinking and feel like I'm "depriving" myself over the next couple weeks either. <--- I guess this applies to Week 0 (this week).

I dunno. I'll probably make the decision spur-of-the-moment. Just realized I answered my own question! :P  Week 1 will begin the official "Eat healthy, work hard, lose weight" campaign so I won't be drinking from that point forward.

Hell yeah! Avoid the temptation! You got this! I"m so proud of you for your decision! ^_^ 

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

I love your challenge write up.  It's so damn motivating!  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

1888039ubmkjwojftTYIJNH.gif

Following.....

• Like 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

tumblr_n5zzqhrK681sty8z0o1_500.jpg

• Like 3

Heroine of Time

9 minutes ago, Evicious said:

13e4a86d50e7bb798d559d19b15d24e2.gif 

to all my fellow RAGErs.

I'm really not sure what I did without you guys before.

You were awesome before us. But now you are just more awesome! Awesomeness by proxy. 

finalproduct.jpg

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

8 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

You were awesome before us. But now you are just more awesome! Awesomeness by proxy. 

LOL I will take awesomeness anytime, anywhere. You guys are the best. ^_^

Today's daily affirmation:

Spoiler

91a69de120b4e31b8c12eae58900a546.jpg

I browsed Pinterest for awhile before I decided on this. I saw a lot of body-positivity posts that made me tear up, or made my heart swell, or made imagine myself standing in front of the mirror and smiling at my reflection. But I decided on this because it is fierce. I already know how to stay soft and be kind without losing strength. That's not going to help me. What I need right now is fire. I need to burn hotter and brighter than my shame: I need a reason for my face to go red and my eyes to water. So I choose this affirmation, because I'm going to breathe fire at the stupid little voice in the back of my head that's lying to me about my self worth until nothing is left but ashes.

• Like 7

Keep up the momentum!

11 minutes ago, Evicious said:

Today's daily affirmation:

Reveal hidden contents

91a69de120b4e31b8c12eae58900a546.jpg

I browsed Pinterest for awhile before I decided on this. I saw a lot of body-positivity posts that made me tear up, or made my heart swell, or made imagine myself standing in front of the mirror and smiling at my reflection. But I decided on this because it is fierce. I already know how to stay soft and be kind without losing strength. That's not going to help me. What I need right now is fire. I need to burn hotter and brighter than my shame: I need a reason for my face to go red and my eyes to water. So I choose this affirmation, because I'm going to breathe fire at the stupid little voice in the back of my head that's lying to me about my self worth until nothing is left but ashes.

I absolutely love this! I'm going to have to re-read this every day or two

• Like 1

Current Challenge:  Maigs Starts Over

Love the challenge and the goals. You continue to impress me with your strength and bravery. You should be so proud of your alcohol goal. I know how much you have struggled with this over past challenges and you kicked its ass this challenge!! That is HUGE! I also think it's smart to take the photos for reference and then put them away for reference much later in the challenge. I always wish I had before and after pictures but have always been too self conscious to take them. 

• Like 1

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers