Athaclena - Reinforcing the Basics

Athaclena

I've never tried Fogo! Will have to put it on the list. 

The flight upgrade sounds awesome! I don't think I could ever rationalize paying for first class but maybe one day I'll get lucky and get an upgrade ;)

Good job on the awesome food streak!

• Like 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

I'm home (briefly) and exhausted.  I may need to buy new slacks.

Food was good.  Got some sleep.  Got my steps.  Have a way forward (soon) with the client driving me to drink (unfortunately in a very REAL sense)....

Starting to have a BIT more energy and the roomier clothes are a good thing.

I had a couple of folks start to notice some change and ask what I was doing.  I leaned in very conspiratorially and whispered - "Did you know that if you cut calories by eating less and better foods and move more that you lose weight?" LOL

Anyway - considering that I generally would have completely thrown my hands up with the work\stress I'm under - I'm calling this challange a ROARING success LOL.

• Like 1

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

21 hours ago, Athaclena said:

I had a couple of folks start to notice some change and ask what I was doing.  I leaned in very conspiratorially and whispered - "Did you know that if you cut calories by eating less and better foods and move more that you lose weight?" LOL

You're the best! Never stop lol

21 hours ago, Athaclena said:

Anyway - considering that I generally would have completely thrown my hands up with the work\stress I'm under - I'm calling this challange a ROARING success LOL.

CONGRATS!

• Like 1

Weird things are afoot.

Hubby has been reading about Nitro coffee.  I (due to tummy issues) should probably switch to Cold Brew anyway - and making in quantity is likely ideal.  So last weekend I picked up a couple of gallon Mason Jars and a nice Stainless Steel cone filter (designed for pour overs, but hey - it works).  Yesterday morning since I was wide awake at 7am (WTF was up with that anyway, I'd planned to sleep in since my first meeting wasn't until 10:30), I mixed up a gallon (basically one cup of Cafe Bustelo finely ground espresso blend and topped with cold, filtered water, stir) and shoved it in the fridge.  This morning I strained it and made myself a cup (heated in the microwave - 'cause I like hot coffee :) ).  Then, while sipping the cold brew I proceeded to detail clean my kitchen.  This wasn't planned, I just started with dishes and kept going. Like, seriously, move everything, eject things that shouldn't be there (and put where they belong rather than in a pile), wiped down the appliances AND the cabinets.  Now, we don't live in a pig sty - but my house keeping style can definitely be defined as cluttered and probably needs a vacuum\mop applied.  Because I have 0 energy to clean and don't have the funds at the moment to pay someone.  But this morning - I had the energy to do that and am thinking of doing more.

I'm cautiously optimistic that maybe I've turned that corner from downward spiral of "have no energy, so don't move and gain weight so have less energy".  Maybe it's just the coffee talking.  I think I'll have another cup.  It's seriously good!

• Like 1

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).