• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Shogun

The Shogun's Journey: Three Goals for the Elven-kings under the sky.

1.  All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

School's out on Week 2. And even so, week 1 will be administrative work only, child-free. These things will mean a lot of changes to my routine, added to the relentless chaos my life's in. I want to focus on following my bookending rituals like the challenge before, and tweak them if necessary to adapt to my summer vacation's routine.

Goal: Bookends Daily Rituals

Week 1 ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

Week 2 ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

Week 3 ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

Week 4 ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

0/28

2.“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”

Another thing that I've been trying to change is my IF schedule. I still do 16-8 IF. But since I'll have more time in the mornings, I'll switch dinner for breakfast. Nothing makes a morning good like a good breakfast (while watching cartoons in your underwear). I'll still workout in a fastened state (since I workout first thing in the morning). I'm taking one day of the week from this goal for the occasional social gathering, hangout, etc.

Goal: Changes in Intermittent Fasting

Week 1 ☐☐☐☐☐☐

Week 2 ☐☐☐☐☐☐

Week 3 ☐☐☐☐☐☐

Week 4 ☐☐☐☐☐☐

0/24

3.“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

I live in beautiful (but dangerous) valley. I've always lived in the shadow of a mountain. A mountain that greets me every day and dares me to fight it. I constantly say I live in Mordor, but how can you live in Mordor without climbing Mount Doom? The thing is, I'm in not condition to hike this mountain.So, every week I'm taking one day to practice, walk the city and find a place (I have a park in mind) in which I can have breakfast, read, study or simply lay down on the grass and do nothing, nothing at all. If I've done a good work during the week. I'll reward myself! (probably with food, which I know I shouldn't but... it's like the most affordable thing I can think of right now)

Also, I'm doing this for my mental sanity. Too much time trapped indoors writing like Bilbo Baggins is starting to affect me.

Goal: Going out the Door (The Road to Mount Doom I)

Week 1 ☐

Week 2 ☐

Week 3 ☐

Week 4 ☐

0/4

AND, of course it wouldn't be a Shogun's challenge without some post-apocalyptic Venezuelan horror story. By the end of this month I'd know if I'm gonna live in the next North Korea, my own personal Sauron is promising to turn the country in a communal state, which is absolutely no bueno. So, if I go AWOL, you know that I joined a deep underground resistance movement or something and that I don't have access to the interwebs until we hire a decent Felicity Smoak-level hacker.

Know anyone?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kishi said:

Predatory placeholding. For shame, Shogun. For shame.

If you say shame one more time, I'll post a picture of me naked ringing a bell (hands-free). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Shogun said:

If you say shame one more time, I'll post a picture of me naked ringing a bell (hands-free). 

For shame, Shogun. 

• Like 1

On 2017-6-26 at 3:48 PM, Kishi said:

Predatory placeholding. For shame, Shogun. For shame.

21 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

For shame, Shogun. 

18 hours ago, ICB said:

She called your bluff, man. You know what you must do.

http://gph.is/2eemzAp

• Like 2

I almost forget the challenge started today!

Today starts my last week before summer vacation. But due to protests scheduled by the opposition, the resistance and the students movement, I don't have to work. So, I woke up late and took things easy.

Morning Ritual

• Woke up at 7:30am
  • Rolled to the floor to work out, push-ups and squats. (Do you know I squat with my katana? it's fun).
  • Made my bed diligently.
  • Took a shower while listening my favorite Spotify playlist.
  • Had breakfast and decided it was the best thing EVAH. I mean, brinner is awesome, but nothing like sitting down and having breakfast without the rush feeling of Alice's White Rabbit off to work.
  • Sat down on my desk to update my challenge, my Bullet Journal and my Habitica page.

Also, I realized I only need to focus on TWO goals during the week! since Goal 3 is due on weekends. So, it shouldn't be too hard to finish this challenge, right?

CAN YOU IMAGINE ME, FINISHING TWO CHALLENGES IN A ROW!? 

It'd be like I was a guild leader or something...

• Like 4

Yeah man, I'm back on Team Breakfast myself, and I gotta admit, it's pretty great. I'm still working on getting down early enough to get up early enough to cook something hot in the mornings, but it's awesome when I can make that happen.

Also you should squat w/ the katana. You might need a low slash to get around defense, and you wouldn't want to waste time, yes?

On 10/7/2017 at 11:01 AM, Kishi said:

Yeah man, I'm back on Team Breakfast myself, and I gotta admit, it's pretty great. I'm still working on getting down early enough to get up early enough to cook something hot in the mornings, but it's awesome when I can make that happen.

Also you should squat w/ the katana. You might need a low slash to get around defense, and you wouldn't want to waste time, yes?

TEAM BREAKFAST! 

Jeez, I'm only joining because I have the time, otherwhise, I'll get back on team brinner.

And I meant like I use the katana as the bar, but I like how you think.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2017 at 0:50 PM, RisenPhoenix said:

"Finishing" Challenges.

Mmmmmhmmmmmm....

I know, it sounds strange... next thing you know, I'm gonna be a guild leader like Kishi.

If such a thing is humanly possible.

Also, I MISS YOUR GRUMPFACE! You know that as soon as I start summer vacation I'M GOING TO TEXT YOU ALL DAY EVERY DAY UNTIL WINTER IS HERE.

9 hours ago, nightlight said:

HI!

¡HOLA!

I finished The Handmaid's Tale. and I LOVED IT. It did make me kind of sad, because it's *not* entirely fictional for me...

but, what I mean, is..... you're a big fan, what should I read next?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Nooooooo!!!!!!!! You'll make us disappearing folk look bad as a group.

@Kishi has been doing that since day one and everyone loves him <.<...

• Like 2

Stayed all night watching GOT. Shut up.

Sucked at IF. I'm resisting to change.

Argh, I knew this first week was going to be hard. Resistance to change and not wanting to do anything than being lazy.

Morning Ritual

• Woke up at 5:30am
  • Rolled to the floor to work out, suspensio trainer inverted rows, hip raises and plank 1:10s
  • Made my bed diligently.
  • Meditation in the Iron Throne, while playing Clash of Clans, and TOOK A HELLUVA TIME to get ready after my shower.
  • Skipped breakfast at home since I had a big brunch with all the staff in the teachers lounge, it was AWESOME.
  • Since I had to stop by and buy some things for the brunch, I skipped the podcast listening too. I found that since The H.P. Lovecraft literary podcast took down all the first episodes and it went so good with my reading challenge (the one I'm currently behind) I've lost some interest.
  • Didn't sit down until the end of the day to work on my NF/Habitica/Bujo Trifecta. But I did.

Sucked at fasting too, but only because I was on a feast with TOO MUCH food. Gotta get better at this!

Also, I'm considering going back to crossfit, kinda miss it. 

Someone slap me and remind me that I should be focusing on going back to some kind of dojo first.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Shogun said:

I know, it sounds strange... next thing you know, I'm gonna be a guild leader like Kishi.

If such a thing is humanly possible.

Also, I MISS YOUR GRUMPFACE! You know that as soon as I start summer vacation I'M GOING TO TEXT YOU ALL DAY EVERY DAY UNTIL WINTER IS HERE.

So you'll text me until this Sunday? Cool. 

Also, figure out how to get back into your ninjutsu training. Something tells me you might use it a lot these days. 

Bah. Crossfit.... what are you, a Ranger?

Just now, RisenPhoenix said:

So you'll text me until this Sunday? Cool. 

Also, figure out how to get back into your ninjutsu training. Something tells me you might use it a lot these days. 

Bah. Crossfit.... what are you, a Ranger?

Bro, you're not even Canadian, stop complaining about cold and winter and stuff, leave it for the Giants and the Shadowcats trainers. They're in the true North.

I've always known how to get back to my ninjutsu training, I just need to divert resources and time to cross the country and visit my sensei, also, I should pay hotel and training fees and... 

I could always visit a local dojo but 1 I HATE THOSE GUYS 2 BETRAYAL 3 EW 4 I kinda like Wing Chun more... 

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT NOVEMBER PROJECT HAIRY SHIRTLESS POSTERBOY!

• Took 10 minutes to review my day, my goals and habits using my Bullet Journal.
  • Brushed my teeth, washed my face, etc.
  • Wrote in my journal.
  • Zazen brief meditation (10 mins). I really, really want to invest more time on this.
  • Read Star Wars Aftermath: Life Debt until I fe--Z z z  Z z z

• Again, as soon as I woke up, resistance...
  • I really need to put some water next to my bed.
  • Worked out: Push-ups and Squats day.
  • Made my bed in a hurry.
  • Skipped breakfast because I was late (this is supposed to be a series of time and intentional activities to AVOID this feeling, Gabriel!!!)
  • WHO HAS THE TIME TO WRITE? RUN!
  • Once I got to the office, I sat down to work on my NF/BJ/Habitica Triforce system.
  • Maybe I'll get some breakfast here.
  • I'll write when I get home.

12 hours ago, The Shogun said:

Someone slap me and remind me that I should be focusing on going back to some kind of dojo first.

SLAP!!!!!!  Dude, I trained in Taijiquan initially by watching videos, and then recording video clips of myself practicing and sending them to Sifu for feedback.  When you can't bring yourself to the kwoon (dojo), bring the kwoon (dojo) to you.  It can be done ;)

14 hours ago, The Shogun said:

¡HOLA!

I finished The Handmaid's Tale. and I LOVED IT. It did make me kind of sad, because it's *not* entirely fictional for me...

but, what I mean, is..... you're a big fan, what should I read next?

I am a HUGE Atwood fan. I would start the MaddAddam series. The first book is called Oryx and Crake. 

13 hours ago, The Shogun said:

@Kishi has been doing that since day one and everyone loves him <.<...

I can't post ninja vanish gifs here at work, but if I could, then I would. :D

Anyway, Resistance is the thing that keeps you from getting what you want. You need to overcome it. So. Overcome it!