• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Shogun

The Shogun's Journey: Three Goals for the Elven-kings under the sky.

So, trying to implement new changes during my last week before summer vacation was a crazy idea. I ended up exhausted of any willpower and then

GAME OF THRONES

I've been binge-watching every season since Friday. Of course I stopped doing anything else than breathing.

ALSO, GUYS! NEW DOCTOR WHO!? DID YOU SEE HER!?

I loved But now that the new season started I can focus on working on new habits, new things coming and work like they say in a pop song.

✔GOAL 1:

Woke up around 8? dunno. But I took my time to do EVERYTHING. Worked out, played around with my sword (sounds kinky, but it's really just me geeking out taking care I don't cut the sheets... again), took FOREVER in the bathroom, had the greatest of breakfast, "perico" (scrambled eggs with tomatoes, pepppers and onions) with some avocados. And then, sat down and wrote until the afternoon!

I love it.

✔GOAL 2: After a beast lunch of steamed yuca, steak and vegetables, I start my 16hr fasting. As long as I can keep myself out of the kitchen for the rest ot the day. I'll be okay.

• Like 2

Late but here .

Hope you're enjoying the binge watch and it's providing some good distraction :-)

I did see her!  Going to be an interesting season! 

• Like 1

✘GOAL 1: Maybe my body is trying to recover all the lost sleep—which I know doesn't work like that—because I was reading I, Robot at 8ish pm when I fell asleep until this morning. =( 

✔GOAL 2: Since I slept all day, I didn't eat anything until this morning.

Woke up at 6, but stayed in bed reading Lovecraft's The Crawling Chaos and other stories until 8.

Worked out: today's inverted rows and hip work day.

Took a Kishi's signature cold shower.

Had a hearty breakfast.

Sat down and wrote for 30mins.

And planned my day on my BuJo, assigned tasks to my Habitica lists, and updgraded my challenge in here.

Great start of a day!

✔GOAL 3: Okay, so on Sunday I'm planning to visit my Wing Chun school to start my training again. And on Saturday I'm starting the third level of my Deutsch Kurs, so I scheduled my going outdoors park visit thingy for Friday morning. =D

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Teirin said:

Back to Wing Chun!!  You must have needed the sleep.

YES! They reduced the number of lessons due to—duh— the country falling apart, but one 3hr sessions per week is better than nothing and hey! I live nearby with a big space in which I can invite some friends to train. I'm excited!

• Like 1

Are you at least getting to take an actual cold shower? I can't seem to get our water cold enough - it's so hot around here that there's this warm undercurrent I can't seem to get rid of.

4 hours ago, Kishi said:

Are you at least getting to take an actual cold shower? I can't seem to get our water cold enough - it's so hot around here that there's this warm undercurrent I can't seem to get rid of.

Remember I live as far south as south goes. So, maybe my cold showers are what you call a warm shower beyond the—soon to be built—wall.

• Like 1

✔GOAL 1:

Sat down and reviewed my day using my BuJo.

Brushed my teeth, I'm worrying that I'm running out of toothpaste and I haven't seen them lately... but it's not like I'll stop to brush twice a day at least.

Wrote two pages in my journal, since I'm not limited by time any more.

Guided meditation in my bed.

Read myself some Asimov's "I, Robot" before sleep. I was a bit skeptic about it since I've been reading a lot of fantasy lately but after reading the first story "Robbie" I realized I love it. Took me back to "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?".

GOAL 2: Failed to keep myself out of the kitchen. Apparently I need more work.

✔GOAL 1:

Woke up at 9! AT NINE! feeling that I've lost all my day. Gotta start using a wake up alarm again. I felt some resistance anxiety when I started to think 'bout all the things I had to do, but I (literally) rolled to the floor and started doing some push-ups while I repeated myself: "Don't think! Think and you're dead. These thoughts, they are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't think. Good Luck."

Worked out: push-ups and squats. I've been doing this trick they taught me at the box: I squat facing a wall, so if I lean forward even an inch, I hit myelf... It's been helping me with my form but my hips feel so stiff and closed... I guess thanks to all the sitting I do. 

Dunno, maybe incorporate some hip openings to my routine? some yoga pigeon poses?

Took a shower, this time without thinking of Kishi.

Had a hearty breakfast. I love my perico <3

Sat down and wrote for 30mins, an article describing Venezuela's situation and what you can do to help from my point of view. Now, I posted on my Patrons Only feed on my Patreon site but that reaches... 4 people max. It was meant to be published in the English section of my personal website but since I name the president and openly criticize the regime, my friends and family have asked me not to publish it at all. (You might remember this). Any ideas on what can I do with this? I still want it to be published specially without my name or any link to me. 

Planned my day on my BuJo, assigned tasks to my Habitica lists, and updgraded my challenge in here.

And went to the kitchen to start preparing my lunch, since I woke up so late.

Also, GUYS! I already signed up to Wing Tzun again!! I can call myself a Monk again! Since they're only training once a week, the fee is cheaper than I thought, and I'm doing some extra work during these summer vacations so I can pay for it. 

Maybe it's a silly thing, but I remember discussing with vanilla bear @RisenPhoenix how difficult was for me to quit training due to budget limitations, like... I was losing a part of myself.

=D

Also, I got some feedback from my editor on my latest article. She said  "You have an engaging writing voice"

GUYS, I HAVE AN ENGAGING WRITING VOICE!

• Like 3

Yes, you do :-) 

If things get bad with toothpaste, do you have easy access to baking soda?  Tastes awful but it works.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Shogun said:

Took a shower, this time without thinking of Kishi.

Thanks, man. 'ppreciate that.

"Don't think! Think and you're dead. These thoughts, they are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't think. Good Luck."

Geez, and now I have that episode in my head.

I've been doing this trick they taught me at the box: I squat facing a wall, so if I lean forward even an inch, I hit myelf... It's been helping me with my form but my hips feel so stiff and closed... I guess thanks to all the sitting I do.

That's a good trick! And sitting in squat can be good for opening the hips up. Also the traditional static stretches, those can be really good too. Pigeon can be good too, if your hips are really tight, but the emphasis of that pose is on the IT band and the abductors. Not a bad thing, but a quirk that you may want to be aware of.

Anyway! Way to get back on to the mats! I'm sure they've missed you.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2017 at 10:10 AM, nightlight said:

I am a HUGE Atwood fan. I would start the MaddAddam series. The first book is called Oryx and Crake. 

I know!

I remembered this and I just ehm... totally and legally acquired the first book for my kindle device. The sypnosis reminds me a bit of Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer of The Southern Reach Trilogy, which I haven't been able to finish. (haven't found the third book in English, only in Italian).

And now I want to read it again, dammit! I'm 8 books behind on schedule and still have like 50 books to read to finish my reading challenge!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teirin said:

Yes, you do :-) 

If things get bad with toothpaste, do you have easy access to baking soda?  Tastes awful but it works.

I FOUND SOME TOOTHPASTE!

Yeah, baking soda with a pinch of salt and some mint leaves... it's AWFUL but it gets the job done.

I can also give you a recipe for some organic DIY deodorant.

I'm not hippie, just a crafty ninja.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kishi said:

Thanks, man. 'ppreciate that.

Geez, and now I have that episode in my head.

That's a good trick! And sitting in squat can be good for opening the hips up. Also the traditional static stretches, those can be really good too. Pigeon can be good too, if your hips are really tight, but the emphasis of that pose is on the IT band and the abductors. Not a bad thing, but a quirk that you may want to be aware of.

Anyway! Way to get back on to the mats! I'm sure they've missed you.

I'll make sure to remember that!

✔GOAL 1:

Brushed my teeth, I bought a new brush and everything.

Wrote only a few remarks in my journal. I had just ended an argument with my family which is working REALLY hard on ignoring what's happening. It's making me reject them and feel resentful, which I don't like because, y'know, they're my family.

Guided meditation in my bed.

Started reading "A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War: How J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis Rediscovered Faith, Friendship, and Heroism in the Cataclysm of 1914-18" by Joseph Loconte

✔GOAL 2: Kept myself out of the kitchen by having a long argument with my family over the phone. I'm really excited I didn't just emotionally ate my entire fridge.

✔GOAL 1: 

Woke up at 8. Still waking up when I feel like and enjoying it. But I'm changing that for week 3.

Watched an episode of Clone Wars because I WANTED to! Shut up

Worked out inspired by Savage Opress: inverted rows and hip raises and started working on squat sitting to counter the effects of sitting. Should I start trying horse stance again?

Went to the kitchen and based my breakfast on the fact that my vegetables are starting to rot, gotta eat'em all!

Went back to my desk and sat down to made a few adjustments on my latest article required by my editor.

When I was finished, I updated my NF/BUJO/HABITICA triforce.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Shogun said:

I know!

I remembered this and I just ehm... totally and legally acquired the first book for my kindle device. The sypnosis reminds me a bit of Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer of The Southern Reach Trilogy, which I haven't been able to finish. (haven't found the third book in English, only in Italian).

And now I want to read it again, dammit! I'm 8 books behind on schedule and still have like 50 books to read to finish my reading challenge!

i wonder where you are totally and legally acquiring these books ;)

2 hours ago, The Shogun said:

✔GOAL 1:

How are you liking the BuJo? I've been very off and on with mine. 

On 20/7/2017 at 1:20 PM, nightlight said:

i wonder where you are totally and legally acquiring these books ;)

Haven't you heard of our lord and savior Torrent and his prophet VPN?

Dunno, I guess that's one of the perks of living here.

2 minutes ago, The Shogun said:

Haven't you heard of our lord and savior Torrent and his prophet VPN?

Dunno, I guess that's one of the perks of living here.

Ha Yes. but my "problem" is twofold. 

1) my personal laptop is on it's last legs

2) i'm not educated on the good torrent sites anymore. Once I get a new lappy, maybe someone (ahem) will help educate me. 

On 20/7/2017 at 2:05 PM, Toshimi said:

How are you liking the BuJo? I've been very off and on with mine. 

My Bullet Journal is the fixed point around which everything revolves, it's probably the only constant in my life, and it keeps the anxiety and the relentless darkness that lurks in every corner of my thoughts away. 

=D

I might be exaggerating a  bit.

Just now, nightlight said:

Ha Yes. but my "problem" is twofold. 

1) my personal laptop is on it's last legs

2) i'm not educated on the good torrent sites anymore. Once I get a new lappy, maybe someone (ahem) will help educate me. 

I'm still using The Pirate's Bay, I used another one but it got knocked down.

• Like 1

GOAL 1:
Fell asleep while I was reading and before I could do anything.  

✔GOAL 2: Kept myself out of the kitchen by falling asleep.

✔GOAL 1: 
Woke up at 7. This is a good time to wake up. I'll set my alarm to this hour from now on.
Worked out. Push-ups, squats and spent a minute squat sitting before to stretch a bit. I'm also doing it between my Pomodoro breaks.
Made a quick breakfast with what I had left on the fridge (gotta get some groceries tomorrow).

Took a quick shower.

Made my bed.

Didn't even turn on the computer/iPhone/tablet... (READ GOAL 3)

When I got home from my walk, I updated my NF/BUJO/HABITICA triforce.

And now, I'll sit down and write =D

✔GOAL 3: After finishing my breakfast, I took my backpack and went out the door without an specific destination, I walked in the general direction of a park, met a friend, joined him in his quest to find some medicine he needed, went out to pick up my new glasses and then walked back home

I GOT LOST

Well, Not All Who Wander Are Lost... I just realized in the middle of my walk that I had no idea where I was, but I just kept walking with a sense of exploring, wanderlust and of course, apprehension because this is Venezuela, you fool of a took, you can't do those kind of things here...

But everything turned out okay. I just need to take a bottle of water with me next time.

• Like 1

Week 2 Scoreboard:

1.  All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Goal: Bookends Daily Rituals

Week 1 ✔✘✔✘✔✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✘

Week 2 ✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✘✔✘✔✘✔✘

Week 3 ✘☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

Week 4 ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

14/56

2.“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”

Goal: Changes in Intermittent Fasting

Week 1 ✘✘✘✘✘✘✘

Week 2 ✔✔✘✘✘✘✘

Week 3 ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

Week 4 ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

2/28

3.“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Goal: Going out the Door (The Road to Mount Doom I)

Week 1 ✔

Week 2 ✔

Week 3 ☐

Week 4 ☐

3/4

Unicode: ✔✘☐

• Like 2

✘ Goal: Bookends Daily Rituals

Sunday night was ... fun. My roommate and I planned to watch some GOT WHILE doing a drinking game with rum which involved drinking every time anyone says the king in the north (and we all have to shout THE KING IN THE NORTH!), every time Tyrion says something clever, and every time someone mentions the Mad King, among others.

Before the episode was over, the bottle was it too. I recalled Cersei's monologue in which he mentioned the Mad King like four times in two sentences. I think that did it.

So, Monday was officially hangover day. I spent the whole day being a white walker... fortunately, I'm on vacation and I had already delivered my writing outline. Also, that's why I didn't post anything yesterday other than a summary.

✔ Goal: Changes in Intermittent Fasting

Fortunately, I also drink and I know things, so I kept well hydrated, well fed and spent most of my day out of the kitchen, sleeping like a Snorlax.

☐ Goal: Going out the Door (The Road to Mount Doom I)

Also, since this week will be crucial for my country's political situation, I'm being a prudent and wise ninja and I'm staying out of the capital. I'm spending the week with my folks by the sea. Which, might involve going to the beach after almost three years... I promise you nothing. Also, being in my parent's house will make following this challenge a bit harder... and I need to do better.

But hey! it's week 3 and

✔ Goal: Bookends Daily Rituals

✔ Goal: Changes in Intermittent Fasting

Woke up at 7, but really got off the bed at 10.

Whole workout: the push-ups and squats I was meant to do yesterday and the inverted rows and hipwork I was supposed to do today.

Showering, shaving, enthroned meditation, etc

FastingBreak Lunch =D

Update challenge, Habitica, Bujo.

Sat down and work on my next article.

• Like 2