Keep ISimple Stupid

keep_it_simple-247x300.jpg

I had my challenge prepared but looking it over it felt like too much to do. So its back to K.I.S.S.

Goal 1: Fitness

MWF Bodyweight Workout

Bodyweight Squat 8-10 Reps

Push-Up Variation 8-10 reps

Pull/Chin-ups 5-8 reps

Plank hold for 15 seconds

3-5 Rounds, 30 seconds rest between rounds

TTS/S Running

Tuesday: 3,3 km

Thursday: 3,9 km

Saturday/Sunday: 5 km

Monday-Sunday

#5 Minute Flow

Goal 2: Diet

Clean up my fridge and cabinets and fill my fridge with 1 healthy snack (fruit, paleo snack) and add 1 after 2 weeks

Cook something new every Saturday

Goal 3: Level Up My Life 

Meditate Daily for 5 minutes with headspace.

Clean everyday with Pomodoro (5 minutes are all the same, cleaning dishes and wiping down tables the 15 minute is below)

Monday: Vacuum

Tuesday: Clean Toilet

Wednesday: Clean Bathroom + Wash clothes & hang them

Thursday: Vacuum

Friday: Clean Toilet + Clean up clothes

Saturday: Clean Bathroom

Sunday: Vacuum + Mop the floor

Monday: continue 

Goal 3.5 Work on my Batcave

- Put all my old clothes in bags and send them to Salvation Army

- Clean up my workout/wash/rubbish room

- Buy a Yoga mat

- Buy a few Resistance Bands

- Sell my old Guitars

- Put my bed sheets in my clothes closet & the laundry basket in the washroom closet

- Re-organize Kitchenware

Going back to KISS, perhaps ill add some kind of Skill when the challenge really starts but for now i'm keeping it simple. Summer Break & Prep Week will be mostly focused on my Batcave goals

Since were talking about K.I.S.S

• Like 4

Right now its early morning (04:55) and after watching a Art of Manliness video of Routines link here i wanted to add a morning and evening routine to what i have right now.

I want to add a goal(s) for the day, one that helps any of my goals. In the evening when i post my update (most of the time) i want to have that daily goal done. I am keeping it to one thing per day since i'm also trying to keep it simple.

The goal for today 27-6-17:

Throw away a decent amount (half a bag) of empty beer bottles. 

I have the tendency to not throw away empty bottles IF they are in a bag in a closet where i cant see them. But the bag is starting to get full so i really need to throw those empty bottles away.

• Like 3

I love the layout of your challenge. May need to borrow this. ;)

• Like 1

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

Week -1, Day 2

Today i did something in the sense of a workout, yay :D !!! I was browsing a bit on youtube and i started watching a few Arrow clips, which led to workout scenes in Arrow and eventually i got to Stephen Amell doing the "Bring Sally Up" challenge. Basically you move up/down when they say it in this song:

I watched it and thought, why not?. It was a good workout, its simple but damn was it hard. I only lasted 47 seconds. But i'm guessing if i would do this everyday i would be able to go through the whole song in no time.

Today with my Pomodoro cleaning i cleaned the Toilet, i wasnt THAT dirty. But i did need a little cleaning. The rest of the apartment is also clean now and my mind is much more relaxed. And i havent even done the meditation yet :) 

I also completed Today's Goal: Throw away a decent amount of empty bottles. I think i threw away 15 empty bottles. Still a bunch to go, hopefully i can throw away the rest this week. 

• Like 3

Todays goal/task: Put all the empty detergent bottles in a trashbag & bring non-important items in the washroom to the basement.

Todays weather forecast is rain, rain and more rain :( So todays goal/task will be part of my Goal 3.5 Work on my Batcave goal.

• Like 3

Week -1, Day 3

Oke so i didnt do below's task.

23 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Todays goal/task: Put all the empty detergent bottles in a trashbag & bring non-important items in the washroom to the basement.

When i got home i was dead tired and as i was sitting on the couch i fell asleep and woke up roughly an hour or 2 later. By that time i had to make a choice....
Clean up with my Pomodoro schedule or do my daily task. A clean apartment is just a bit more important to me so i cleaned it up. 

Besides that i spent the other time playing a bit of Darksiders to get the last achievements to get it to 100%. And regular followers may have noticed that i dont have a 100% Game goal. And thats because i felt that i needed to spent more time with my Playstation 4 PRO. I have a few games for it (Last of Us, Gravity Rush 1 & 2, Horizon Zero Dawn) but i havent finished ANY of them, well i finished Gravity Rush but that was on my PSVita. So i decided to use this challenge take a break from my Xbox and play some more on my PS4. Right now i'm playing Gravity Rush and trying to do a bit in the 100% goal (seems i cant stop that :D )

4873121-gravity-rush-2-kat-640x400.png

I havent looked yet in my recipe books for some paleo type snacks. But saturday i'm going grocery shopping and make snacks and a new meal.

• Like 3

I feel like you said KISS and mentioned it was a lot more complicated before, but just saying this still looks like a lot of things to meee. If this is all simple for you, I'd hate to see what complicated looks like. :P

You've got it. :)

• Like 3

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

1 hour ago, raptron said:

I feel like you said KISS and mentioned it was a lot more complicated before, but just saying this still looks like a lot of things to meee. If this is all simple for you, I'd hate to see what complicated looks like. :P

You've got it. :)

My first draft had goals like:

Everyday plank, everyday headstand training, 3x a week yoga, everyday squat hold, eat x a day etc. So a lot of things for every day. And just by looking at it made me uncomfortable with it. And i experienced that as being complicated. So i decided to go back to just adding 1-2 new goals.

Most of the goals i have put in are things i already am doing on a regular basis, the only things i added are:

- Everyday meditation

- Healthy snack in the fridge

I already did Pomodoro cleaning but now by writing it down i already noticed i am a bit more commited to really completing them :) 

• Like 2

Update Week -1 & Week 0, dat 1 & day 2

In week -1 i didnt do a whole lot. Focused on my cleaning and looked at new recipes. That whole week had bad rainy weather and with rain i just get slowwww. Dont want to do anything and either hang on the couch or take naps. 

But saturday was decent weather and i got a few things done. Got some containers for my fridge snacks and went to Transformers The Last Knight in the evening. 

Week 0, Day 1 & Day 2

I worked out on day 1 and it went well. Did some squats, chin-ups and push-upd. Tried to do some Dips but i felt my old injury so im going to take it easy on those and first strengthen my shouldets with different push-ups and side raises.

On day 2 i went for a run but i was tired very fast and just walked the rest of the course. But i didnt start my morning as usual with coffee and a book. I woke up, stayed in bed watching videos on youtube and then went for a run, so everything was still in "sleep mode". But the rest of the day went good. Cleaned my workout room a bit more, made some food for work and played a little bit of games. 

So a goal for tomorrow is:

Do my normal morning routine. 

• Like 4

Week 0, day 3

I finally had a nice workout :) Did squats, chin-ups, push ups, crunches & planks in a circuit for 3 rounds. And it felt great after such a long time doing nothing and it was really because ky workout room was a mess (there are still a lot of things that need to go but it has already improved). 

I re-arranged my schedule for this week so it works better for me. For exame i have scheduled hours that i watch anime, clean & game, read, workout etc. But i forgot one....the meditation. Did the medition only once and that was last week. 

I think i want to make it more something where i sit on a yoga mat en meditate like this:

goku_meditate_full_lotus_episode_208.jpg

This friday im going to go to Ikea to get a good full sized mirror and to a local fitness store to get a mat and bands and perhaps an extra kettlebell. And do most of my batcave goals. 

• Like 4

Well, its the end of week 0 and now its time to really start the challenge. 

I think a quick run down of my goals would be great to remind myself of what i want to achieve this challenge:

Goal 1 Workout

MWF: circuit

TTS/S: running

M-S: 5 minute flow

This is going well, last week i kept a decent streak with the workouts. The running was hard because i woke up around noon and at that time it was hot outside so i felt exhausted much faster than before (but i ran and thats something).

Goal 2 Diet

Clean fridge & cabinet and fill with healthy snack

Cook something new every saturday

Took it easy with the new cooking last week but i am excited to start again and try out new recipes. Right now as a healthy snack i have bacon/egg muffins in my fridge, only have to warm them up and i'm set. I also have fruit but i mostly use that with breakfast.

Goal 3 Level up my life

Meditate daily for 5 minutes

Still one thats tough to do, but ive put it in my daily schedule and i am going to meditate for 5 minutes before i read in bed. I think its the best time to do since im already preparing for sleep by reading.

Clean with Pomodoro

I made a excel sheet so i can keep track what i did and when. Down the line i forgot where i was with the 15 minutes, so i made a simple excel sheet to help me remember

Goal 3.5 Work on my batcave

A lot

I've done small things for the goals but not enough to finish it. I need to start again with the daily task to keep that moving.

Daily Task:

Take some pictures of my old guitars and figure out how much i want for them.

• Like 4

Looking good. :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Week 1, Day 1

Goal 1: Fitness; Worked out today. Did squats, pull-ups, push-ups, crunches & planks for 6-10 reps and 3 rounds. It felt pretty good and i am planning to increase it with 1 reps each week.

Goal 2: Diet; No changes here, gonna look into my recipe books this week for a nice new recipe to try out Saturday.

Goal 3: Level Up My Life; Meditated before going in bed, felt a bit more relaxed and slept slightly better. Also cleaned my house and vacuumed the house.

Good start of the week, took a few pictures of my old guitars and tonight i'm going to post them online. Rest of the day went oke and not a lot to mention.

3 more weeks and i'm going to Sweden for a nice week of camping, can't wait to go and relax a bit.

14506149035_5708dfe165_b.jpg

• Like 4

Week 1, Day 2

Goal 1: Fitness; Had a nice run and i believe its also my fastest time so far. I ran 3,21 km in 17:15. 

Goal 2: Diet; No changes here, gonna look into my recipe books this week for a nice new recipe to try out Saturday.

Goal 3: Level Up My Life; Didnt meditate, but i did clean.

Ran with a pretty good pace and now i just need to find a good way to constantly keep track how fast i am running so i can slowly increase my speed. My average speed at the moment is 5'40" per km. Which i think is not bad. 

I didnt meditate before bed reading. I wanted to borrow my parents car since tomorrow they predicted extreme rain and i didnt want to ride through that on my bike, but when i got the car i couldnt unlock/lock it. My parents dont have a normal key but an electronic keycard and the batterij was dead so i couldnt lock it. Didnt have a good feeling about it so i brought it back. By the time i was home i really needed to sleep.

Week 1, Day 3

Goal 1: Fitness; Worked out and felt pretty good.

Goal 3: Level Up My Life; No cleaning, woke up a bit late after being exhausted from yesterday. Meditate after i post this.

So today the weather prediction was extreme rain. Well maybe in the morning but by the time i had to go to work (13:15) it was a light drizzle so i put on my raincoat and went on my bike. And on my way back there was a beautiful clear sky which made getting wet all the better.

• Like 4

Or just use a running app! Then you can compare splits and previous runs. 

Raptron, alot assassin

On 13-7-2017 at 7:31 AM, Akura said:

When you're on the same route(s) I can recommend the distance calculator from Daft Logic (combined with an ordinary clock).

On 13-7-2017 at 4:30 PM, raptron said:

Or just use a running app! Then you can compare splits and previous runs. 

I am already using a running app on my phone. The Nike+ Runclub app. It shows my time, distance, pace etc. But i have it hanging around my upper arm which makes it hard to see my pace constantly. So in my mind i was thinking about a cheap watch which shows my pace or a different app just for my running pace. For now ill just keep using the Nike app.

Week 1, Day 4

Goal 1: Fitness; Ran today and decided to up my distance from 4km to 5km. The run itself felt pretty good, had a nice pace and was able to run it in one go and under 30 minutes. 

Goal 3: Level Up My Life; Meditated before bed and i am getting more and more relaxed after it. I also cleaned my shower with my Pomodoro method. 

Week 1, Day 5

Goal 1: Fitness; No workout today, was pretty tired and decided to sleep a bit more and relax before work.

Goal 3: Level Up My Life; Meditated :D, no cleaning since i was pretty tired and decided to relax.

Despite being exhausted i had a decent few days. I was talking with a friend of my and we decided to do a Obstacle Course called Race Against Nature. Its a race in Belgium (i live in the Netherlands, a country thats connected to it) and its a 2-day race, one at night and one during the day. We decided to just do the day since its also my first OCR ever. 

The race is not until October 1st so i have enough time to up my training and be ready to run the 10km course.

facebook-logo.jpg

• Like 3

Week 1, Day 6

Goal 1: Fitness; Rest day 

Goal 2: Diet; Didnt make any recipes, went for the easy way out. Ordered food.

Goal 3: Level Up My Life; Meditated and cleaned

Week 1, Day 7

Goal 1: Fitness; Ran 6,7 km today. Did up till 5km in one time and after that i took some rest moments. Calves were sore when i got out of the shower, no pain/soreness right now. Will probably return tomorrow 

Goal 2: Diet; Made easy 3 ingredient pancakes.

Goal 3: Level Up My Life; Didnt have any time to meditate or to clean.

Weekend over, tomorrow start my last week before my vacation. 

• Like 2

That race sounds fun! 

Raptron, alot assassin

Week 2, Day 1

Goal 1: Fitness; Worked out

Goal 3: Level Up My Life; Meditated, didnt clean

Week 2, Day 2

Goal 1: Fitness; Wanted to run in the evening because it was hot today, didnt do it. Fell asleep.

Goal 3: Level Up My Life; Meditated, didnt clean

• Like 2

To be honest i have no clue in what week and day we are.

Quick summary:

Goal 1: Fitness; Going pretty good, run 6.7k to prepare for my first OCR. If the weather allows ill run more.

Goal 2: Diet; No new foods last saturday, went out for dinner.

Goal 3: Level Up My Life; Meditation is tough, most days i forget to take 5 minutes to meditate. This is not working well for me.

So the most recent time i have trouble with my normal routines. Last week with my morning shifts i spent most of the time sleeping and thus i rarely cleaned my apartment. So this week i am focusing on cleaning again and watching/catching up my anime's. Also preparing for my vacation to Sweden. Buying a new bag, new clothes for various activities.

• Like 2