30m version of Elements - Floating Table Top 🚀

That was the best that the Floating Table Top Pull to Squat has ever felt. I don't often notice when I am getting stronger until I try something that used to be very very difficult and find that it is now only moderately difficult :)

Prep
→ Supine Hip Circles
→ Walk Into Squat
→ Quadruped Spinal Circles
→ Quadruped Shoulder Circles
→ Wrists - Palms Down, Fingers Facing Knees

Practice
→ Floating Table Top Pull To Squat
→ Floating Table Top

Play
→ Monkey Prep

Push
→ 3-Point Bridge
→ General Kneeling Lunge
→ Seated Clasped Hands Extension
→ Kneeling Back Flexion to Prone Lying Back Extension

• Like 2

“Then something Tookish woke up inside of him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo

2023 Challenges: 20SOC, Travel, Battery, Song n'Dance

On 11/30/2022 at 6:42 AM, Gemma said:

I don't often notice when I am getting stronger until I try something that used to be very very difficult and find that it is now only moderately difficult :)

Kind of like seeing a growing kid every day for six months versus once every six months?  I love that this is happening for you!

• Like 1

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3

20m version of Literal Immortality - Strength and Balance 🚀

Toe lunges are the hardest thing I have tried to do in a very long time, wow. Pick it up put it down was also really hard, I was working from a toe squat position and my balance still needs so much work. 

Prep
→ Frog Stretch
→ Quadruped Twist
→ General Kneeling Lunge
→ Egg Roll
→ Prone Bent Arm Chest Stretch

Push
→ Hop Stop Drop
→ Toe Lunges
→ Pick It Up Put It Down
→ Wrist Flexor Plyometrics

“Then something Tookish woke up inside of him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

15m Low Intensity version of Elements - Crab Walk 🚀

Went with the LI version today because the DOMS from Saturday's siding work is still bad, and I can't shake this headache. Really love having this option available.

R wrist still twingy in Monkey, but only when I am moving to the right. Fingers pointed outward helps. 

Prep
→ Walk Into Squat
→ Quadruped Twist

Play
→ Crab Walk R&L
→ Basic Frogger
→ Basic Monkey
→ Bear

Push
→ Standing Straight Leg Hip Circles
→ General Kneeling Lunge
→ Wrist Circles

• Like 1

-J. R. R. Tolkien

20m version of Literal Immortality - Mobility and Spatial Awareness 🚀

This felt good. 

Prep
→ Modified Pigeon Stretch
→ A-Frame
→ Single Leg Deadlift
→ Hand Clench

Push
→ Low Backward Break Fall: This feels awkward and uncoordinated but I can do it. Haven't tried it from the squat yet, but from a few inches off ground it isn't bad. 
→ Reverse Hamstring Walks: My mobility is pretty good in this ROM so I had to bend forward quite far to feel a stretch. 
→ Pronated Drop And Grab: So much work to be done on coordination! I dropped Beowulf at least four times. 
→ Prone Crawls
→ Back Hand Weight Shifts: I can feel it, but not as much of a stretch as I expected given my history of elbow problems. I will try putting more weight on it next time. 

• Like 1

-J. R. R. Tolkien

30m version of Elements - Crab Walk 🚀

Everything felt pretty good, was able to focus completely on shoulder position during the crab. The FTT pull to squat is great, but there is a definite STOP point where I cannot get my feet any closer to my hands no matter how hard I try. I video recorded this to ask Leah about in her next feedback session because I can't even tell if this is a core strength limitation, or compression strength, or even arm strength (like, I'm not pushing into the floor hard enough?) 

Prep
→ Walk Into Squat
→ Quadruped Twist
→ Wrist Circles

Practice
→ Crab Walk F&B
→ Crab Set-Up

Play
→ Floating Table Top Pull To Squat

Push
→ 3-Point Bridge
→ General Kneeling Lunge

• Like 1

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Could you expand on that Crab shoulder position?  What's the hardest part of it for you and how do you cue it to work around it? I feel like my shoulders are still caving forward even though I roll them down and back.  Positioning my hands right beside my hips seems to not be compatible w/"down and back" - it feels like my hands won't reach the floor if my shoulders are in the "correct" position. Any other thoughts or tips?

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3

15m Low Intensity version of Elements - Bear and Bear Play 🚀

LI version was what I needed today to recover from a brutal weekend - heavy construction work, late night out at Elysian Ball, frustrating range day. 

Monkey is feeling stronger. Frogger is still a bit of struggle, can't get my hands up to my feet no matter how hard I push, but still better. 

Prep
→ Walk Into Squat
→ Quadruped Twist

Play
→ Crab Walk R&L
→ Basic Frogger
→ Basic Monkey
→ Bear

Push
→ General Kneeling Lunge
→ Wrist Circles

• Like 1

-J. R. R. Tolkien

On 12/10/2022 at 8:09 PM, Emissary2Ornj said:

Could you expand on that Crab shoulder position?  What's the hardest part of it for you and how do you cue it to work around it? I feel like my shoulders are still caving forward even though I roll them down and back.  Positioning my hands right beside my hips seems to not be compatible w/"down and back" - it feels like my hands won't reach the floor if my shoulders are in the "correct" position. Any other thoughts or tips?

I don't put my hands right by my hips, either. I know Ryan cues it that way, and that's how Rose demonstrates it, but it doesn't work for me. I put my hands a little bit back. 

When I first started doing Crab I think I was trying to hard to get my hips up high before I was ready - I've slowed it down a lot now, keeping my hips lower and really only paying attention to the down-and-back of the shoulders. End result was that after 6 minutes of "crab set-up" and 6 minutes of crab walk, I could really feel it in my traps and rear deltoids the next day, whereas before it never felt like it was working my shoulders at all, more like my wrists and upper arms if that makes sense. 

• Thanks 1

-J. R. R. Tolkien

That is all excellent to read; thanks. I will experiment with hand placement more next time.

• Like 1

20 min Literal Immortality - Strength and Balance

Prep:

Full Body Vibrations

Standing Straight Leg Hip Circles

Extended Side Angle Pose

Supine Ankle Circles

Supine Knee Circles 

Push:

Superset 1 (x4)

Shoulder Swings

Speed Skaters

Superset 2 (x4)

Crab Toe Taps

Scorpions

• Like 1

-J. R. R. Tolkien

15m Low Intensity version of Elements - Bear and Bear Play 🚀

Went with the LI session again because for right now I don't have it in me to work on intensity or duration, so I'm choosing to focus on improving frequency and consistency.  Added in GMB Wrist Strength stuff in between the Play and Push segments.

Prep
→ Walk Into Squat
→ Quadruped Twist

Play
→ Crab Walk R&L
→ Basic Frogger
→ Basic Monkey
→ Bear

Push
→ General Kneeling Lunge
→ Wrist Circles

-J. R. R. Tolkien

20m version of Literal Immortality - Strength and Spatial Awareness 🚀

Felt pretty good today. Strength deficiencies, more than anything, are my limit here. Leg strength in the Seiza to Stand, and upper body strength in the Release Push-ups. 

I enjoy the break falls. Did try to go a little bit beyond my current skill level once or twice, my elbows respectfully requested that I slow back down and go much more gradually, so I did. 

Every time I do a Frog Stretch I think "oh, I really need to stretch my adductors more often!" I don't DO it, but I always think it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Prep
→ Frog Stretch
→ Quadruped Twist
→ General Kneeling Lunge
→ Egg Roll
→ Prone Bent Arm Chest Stretch

Push
→ Inch Worm Toe Touches
→ Low Forward Break Fall
→ Supine Crawls
→ Seiza to Stand Up
→ Release Push-Ups

• Like 2

-J. R. R. Tolkien

8 hours ago, Gemma said:

Every time I do a Frog Stretch I think "oh, I really need to stretch my adductors more often!" I don't DO it, but I always think it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Why do they get so tight, I wonder? .... I just did a quick search of what they do - okay, they're a big deal. Got a lot going on. I think stretching them always feels weird. Which probably means they need more of it, like you said.

15m version of Elements - Bear and Bear Play 🚀

Everything felt good. I don't remember that A-Frame to Squat from last time, but I like it. 

Prep
→ Walk Into Squat
→ Quadruped Twist
→ Wrist Circles

Practice
→ Bear
→ A-Frame Elements

Play
→ A-Frame to Squat

Push
→ 3-Point Bridge
→ General Kneeling Lunge
→ Circuit Basic Bear

• Like 2

-J. R. R. Tolkien

20m version of Literal Immortality - Mobility and Balance 🚀

Feels good to be spending more time on balance, I know that I need that and don't do it enough. Used a 10# dumbbell for the pendulums, got just a bit of shoulder fatigue (more than last time, when I used a much lighter weight - I think it was a 5#). 

Prep
→ Modified Pigeon Stretch
→ A-Frame
→ Single Leg Deadlift
→ Hand Clench

Push
→ Rear Loaded A-Frame / Bear
→ Hop Stop Drop
→ Knee Circles in Lunge
→ Pick It Up Put It Down
→ Grip Pendulums

• Like 1

-J. R. R. Tolkien

15m version of Elements - Monkey and Around the World 🚀

Everything felt really good today. R wrist is bothering me, but a little alteration in hand position seems to solve it. 

I think this is the first time I ever did Around the World with my heels down in a flat ATG squat, that's kind of exciting :)

Prep
→ Walk Into Squat
→ Quadruped Twist
→ Wrist Circles

Practice
→ Basic Monkey
→ Monkey Prep

Play
→ Around The World

Push
→ 3-Point Bridge
→ General Kneeling Lunge
→ Circuit Basic Monkey

• Like 2

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Woohoo! Flat feet win!

• Like 2

On 1/7/2023 at 10:40 AM, Emissary2Ornj said:

Woohoo! Flat feet win!

Seriously! My favorite thing about working out is when I'm surprised to find I can do something that I previously couldn't :) 

15m Low Intensity version of Elements - Frogger and Monkey 🚀

I am so grateful for the Low Intensity option - even when my lower back is sore and/or I'm really pressed for time, at least there is something I can do to keep up some momentum. 

Prep
→ Frog Stretch
→ Quadruped Wag Tail

Play
→ Crab Walk R&L
→ Basic Frogger
→ Basic Monkey
→ Bear

Push
→ General Kneeling Lunge
→ Wrist Circles

• Like 2

-J. R. R. Tolkien

20m version of Literal Immortality - Control and Spatial Awareness 🚀

Need to work on core strength. The movement in the Walking Planks was not hard, but keeping my butt down was. 

Prep
→ Supine Knee Circles
→ Supine Ankle Circles
→ Extended Side Angle Pose
→ Full Body Vibrations

Push
→ Side Crawls: 1 min per side, x4

Superset: 1 min each, x4
→ Twisting Get-Up
→ Walking Planks Side to Side

• Like 2

-J. R. R. Tolkien

15m Low Intensity version of Elements - Frogger and Monkey 🚀

Really love having the LI option - did heavy construction all weekend (siding on Saturday, flooring on Monday) and I'm still sore. 

Prep
→ Frog Stretch
→ Quadruped Wag Tail

Play
→ Crab Walk R&L
→ Basic Frogger
→ Basic Monkey
→ Bear

Push
→ General Kneeling Lunge
→ Wrist Circles

• Like 2

-J. R. R. Tolkien