Sara Kingdom Knows Exactly Who She Wants to Be

sarakingdom

This glorious geeky bastard, y'all.  Life goals. 

I know exactly why I walk and talk like a machine.
Goal: Sleep. Measurement: Hours. Frequency: Daily. (Night before.)
4-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I'm doing badly on this one lately, and need to recover some ground. I've replaced my missing fitness tracker so I can quantify sleep better and report it to my ADHD coach. Also, feel free to harass me if you see this number averaging under 6.5-7 hours. Seriously.

Want it fast, want it hard.
Goal: Aikido. Measurement: Full points for attendance or reasonable substitution. Half points for any substitution. Frequency: 3x/week, or as possible.
0-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x

I'm doing reasonably well on this one, though I've been skipping classes for work reasons lately, which isn't great. (If I get the ADHD handled better, this will happen less.) The x's are there for adding in extra visits to the gym, which I'm going to try to step up when I get back from my vacation. Less for fitness, more for my brain.

Goal: Intermittent fasting (fast, get it?). Measurement: Full points for LCHF+IF. Half points for one or the other. Frequency: Daily.
5-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I'm pretty reliably LCHF 90% of the time or more, but IF has slipped. I'd ideally like to do both. I find both at once challenge, so that's this challenge.

One track mind, one track heart.
Goal: Focus meditation. Measurement: Yes/no. Frequency: Daily.
0-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Recovering lost ground again; I considered a more challenging measurement, but I realized I've meditated maybe twice in the past month, which is no bueno. Anything goes.

Goal: Focus, and do some ADHD shit. Measurement: WTF, I dunno. Frequency: Daily.
10-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Yeah, I don't know how to measure this one. On the one hand, it's things like "did I successfully use a strategy or do something biggish like see my coach", and on the other, it's, like, did I do a little educational thing that may or may not move the needle. (And, to be honest, my coach and I are running out of ideas, a little. I still get more done working with her around, but the coaching isn't going on so much.) I'm not sure. I'll take suggestions.

I feel like I'm the worst, so I always act like I'm the best.
Goal: Metta meditation before bed. Measurement: Yes/no. Frequency: Daily.

This is a two-birds-one-stone kind of thing. I'm hoping it helps with some of the sleep problems by centering me a little at bedtime, and I'm hoping to spend a bit less time feeling like I'm the worst.

Bonus: Practicing a certain Doctorish arrogance. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises.

I don't know what this looks like, but I think it's worth doing. Maybe I'll just practice saying some really arrogant shit about myself.

I know exactly what I want and who I want to be.
Goal: Timepunk lifestyle reboot. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises/daily.
2-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Bonus: One-off timepunk lifestyle reboot shit. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises.

I don't really know what to do here. (Yes, the goal quote is a lie.) I'm sort of going, "I'll know it when I see it," except then I sometimes don't see the opportunities. Any suggestions on this one? I think I might need a blazer of some kind. (Summer is not good time for layering, WTF.) Fortunately, it's sunglasses season and I have light-sensitive eyes, so I'm getting back in the sunglasses habit. Wouldn't kill me to break out the punk albums again. But that's all low-hanging fruit.

If I'm really clever, maybe there's something here about using the ADHD traits in an actually useful way, cuz that dude's the ADHD poster child.  Bad grades, distractable as a cat, poor impulse control, doesn't handle authority well, into adrenaline sports... but he makes it work somehow.

(I'm counting the activity tracker acquisition, because any device that analyzes my activity and vibrates to extend my senses while looking like jewelry is surely a futuristic cyberpunk marvel.)

TV taught me how to feel, now real life has no appeal.
Goal: Writing. Measurement: Full points for 10 minutes or 10 words. Frequency: Daily.

Time to make with the fictional worlds again. Starting small to get the habit going again.

If you are not very careful, your possessions will possess you.
Goal: General possession-ranching, particularly organizing and repairing. Measurement: Sliding scale.  Frequency: Bi-weekly.
_-_//_-_//_-_//_-_//_-_

I wasn't going to, but the song's pretty clear on it, and it's not a bad goal, so just a few stuff-husbandry goals. Not acquiring. Acquiring is not the point.  In theory, I do this, but in practice, I wouldn't notice if it slipped, so this is the weekly reminder.

Don't do love, don't do friends. I'm only after success.
Bonus: Points for social activity. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises.
3-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I have a habit of getting way too stuck into work, and then hibernating when I have time off. Right now, I'm just tracking and awarding bonus points, but at some point, it'll be more goalish. I will count aikido, because it's social and seeing people outside of work - any outside club activity counts.

This looks like a long one, but it's mostly data-gathering, or nudging existing habits back into place.

TL;DR on the audience participation:

• Hassle me if I don't average 7 hours of sleep a night.
  • My ADHD goals need measurability.
  • My timepunk lifestyle reboot needs both goals and measurability.
  • I could also use a little help being arrogant, frankly.
  • Like 4

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

tumblr_oo13kmWWz41w1fnimo1_500.gif
Phones figured heavily in today's timepunk bonus points.
Spoiler: sometimes things happen when you answer the phone.

Goal: Sleep. Measurement: Hours. Frequency: Daily. (Night before.)
4-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Sleep is bad, y'all.  It's not my friend.  It's my... frenemy.  I love it and I hate it.

Goal: Aikido. Measurement: Full points for attendance or reasonable substitution. Half points for any substitution. Frequency: 3x/week, or as possible.
0-2-x-x-x-x-x//x-x-x-x-x-x-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x

Goal: Intermittent fasting (fast, get it?). Measurement: Full points for LCHF+IF. Half points for one or the other. Frequency: Daily.
5-5-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

2 points for walking.  Half points for LCHF but not IF.  (I mean, you could make a case for 16/8, but I don't feel 16/8 really counts, so no points.)

Leaving town, so no aikido for a while.  Will record my reasonable replacements instead.

Goal: Focus meditation. Measurement: Yes/no. Frequency: Daily.
0-10-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Goal: Focus, and do some ADHD shit. Measurement: WTF, I dunno. Frequency: Daily.
10-5-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

God, that meditation was rough.  Five minutes, and I felt totally frazzled till the very last minute.  It has clearly been too long.  I could use another couple of sessions today.

Goal: Metta meditation before bed. Measurement: Yes/no. Frequency: Daily. (Night before.)
0-10-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Bonus: Practicing a certain Doctorish arrogance. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises.
0-5-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I did write some freakin' amazing code yesterday.  I just noticed that today.  Not complex, but so beautifully clean, and also fast.  That's worth half the arrogance points, right?

Goal: Timepunk lifestyle reboot. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises/daily.
2-0-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Bonus: One-off timepunk lifestyle reboot shit. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises.
5-7-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Seven points for cool, sensible, and highly Doctor-appropriate response in the face of [redacted local emergency situation].  My companion and I made it out on foot while being sensibly aware of our environment and looking out for others, is what I'm saying here.  This is not the attractive glittery metallic side of a timepunk lifestyle, but hey.  

Goal: Writing. Measurement: Full points for 10 minutes or 10 words. Frequency: Daily.
0-0-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I will probably not get to this tonight.

Goal: General possession-ranching. Measurement: Sliding scale.  Frequency: Bi-weekly.
_-_//_-_//_-_//_-_//_-_

Tonight my possessions are going to possess me.  Alas.

Bonus: Points for social activity. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises.
3-0-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

15 hours ago, Kishi said:

I mean, it's not arrogance if it's true. It's just that pointing it out is considered in poor taste. For reasons. Which I don't know that I necessarily agree with.

It does lack a certain over-the-top quality, doesn't it?

• Like 1

tumblr_oly96sq0di1sqn4ego1_500.jpg

Today I ponced about in a big plane.

4-4-4-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I mean, this turned out to be good for reasons, but none of those reasons was "getting enough sleep".  I am so exhausted.

Goal: Aikido. Measurement: Full points for attendance or reasonable substitution. Half points for any substitution. Frequency: 3x/week, or as possible.
0-2-0-x-x-x-x//x-x-x-x-x-x-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x

Goal: Intermittent fasting (fast, get it?). Measurement: Full points for LCHF+IF. Half points for one or the other. Frequency: Daily.
5-5-5-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Didn't eat enough, didn't IF, but I at least kept it LCHF.  That was challenging enough, yo.

0-10-0-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Goal: Focus, and do some ADHD shit. Measurement: WTF, I dunno. Frequency: Daily.
10-5-0-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Goal: Metta meditation before bed. Measurement: Yes/no. Frequency: Daily. (Night before.)
0-10-10-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Bonus: Practicing a certain Doctorish arrogance. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises.
0-5-0-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Goal: Timepunk lifestyle reboot. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises/daily.
2-0-0-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Bonus: One-off timepunk lifestyle reboot shit. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises.
5-7-3-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

A few random points, because, thanks to time zones:

TxCLApi.gif

Hey, it was a tough day.  I'm taking all the points I can.

Goal: Writing. Measurement: Full points for 10 minutes or 10 words. Frequency: Daily.
0-0-0-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Goal: General possession-ranching. Measurement: Sliding scale.  Frequency: Bi-weekly.
_-_//_-_//_-_//_-_//_-_

Bonus: Points for social activity. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises.
3-0-2-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I am so unbelievably exhausted.  You have no idea how exhausted I am.  I deserve points just for survival.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2017 at 11:41 PM, sarakingdom said:

Goal: Timepunk lifestyle reboot. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises/daily.
2-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Bonus: One-off timepunk lifestyle reboot shit. Measurement: Sliding scale. Frequency: As arises.

I don't really know what to do here. (Yes, the goal quote is a lie.) I'm sort of going, "I'll know it when I see it," except then I sometimes don't see the opportunities. Any suggestions on this one? I think I might need a blazer of some kind. (Summer is not good time for layering, WTF.) Fortunately, it's sunglasses season and I have light-sensitive eyes, so I'm getting back in the sunglasses habit. Wouldn't kill me to break out the punk albums again. But that's all low-hanging fruit.

If I'm really clever, maybe there's something here about using the ADHD traits in an actually useful way, cuz that dude's the ADHD poster child.  Bad grades, distractable as a cat, poor impulse control, doesn't handle authority well, into adrenaline sports... but he makes it work somehow.

(I'm counting the activity tracker acquisition, because any device that analyzes my activity and vibrates to extend my senses while looking like jewelry is surely a futuristic cyberpunk marvel.)

This looks like a long one, but it's mostly data-gathering, or nudging existing habits back into place.

TL;DR on the audience participation:

• Hassle me if I don't average 7 hours of sleep a night.
  • My ADHD goals need measurability.
  • My timepunk lifestyle reboot needs both goals and measurability.
  • I could also use a little help being arrogant, frankly.

I had no idea Peter Capaldi was so hot. I may have to go watch these. (in the list with all the other great TV episodes from the last 25 years)

That question of what I want and who I want to be is certainly a tough one. I discussed it with Elf a bit. I don't know if he is reassured or dismayed that I'm still working on it. Including the style questions that you are addressing.

A linen blazer is just the thing for summer. You can do creative things with a slightly oversized men's blazer from a thrift shop. Or get a nice tailored blazer that you can throw over a summer top when the air conditioning is too much.

On the topic of things to feel smug about, you have managed a cross-country move and started a new job with no whining. You are brave and resourceful. Plus you go out of your way to support your friends. I am sure there are many other things you could be arrogant about, but are too modest.

16 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Today I ponced about in a big plane.

A few random points, because, thanks to time zones:

TxCLApi.gif

Hey, it was a tough day.  I'm taking all the points I can.

I am so unbelievably exhausted.  You have no idea how exhausted I am.  I deserve points just for survival.

Maybe I do. Yesterday I got up at 6:00am in Paris to catch a 11:15am flight. It landed in Chicago at 12:30pm the same day, having spent ~8 hours in the air. If that is not time travel, I don't know what is. By the time I was home sitting at my kitchen table, sorting through the mail, it was midnight in Paris. I stayed up for two more hours to get my sleep schedule close to normal. I was starting to dream with my eyes open when I went to bed.

I hope you have a lovely vacation!

Level 58  Viking paladin

My current challenge    Battle log 

On 6/29/2017 at 4:31 PM, Mistr said:

I had no idea Peter Capaldi was so hot. I may have to go watch these. (in the list with all the other great TV episodes from the last 25 years)

I know, right?  (Doubly so; dude spends his free time going on the March for Science and the March for Women, and being ridiculously kind to basically everyone ever.)  Start with season 5, skip the first 4.

And if that's the kind of hot that super-geeky former punks can be, I can do that.  Life goals, man.

That question of what I want and who I want to be is certainly a tough one. I discussed it with Elf a bit. I don't know if he is reassured or dismayed that I'm still working on it. Including the style questions that you are addressing.

I know, why so hard?  The style questions are just the tip of the iceberg, they're just easier to deal with over the course of a challenge.

Maybe I do. Yesterday I got up at 6:00am in Paris to catch a 11:15am flight. It landed in Chicago at 12:30pm the same day, having spent ~8 hours in the air. If that is not time travel, I don't know what is. By the time I was home sitting at my kitchen table, sorting through the mail, it was midnight in Paris. I stayed up for two more hours to get my sleep schedule close to normal. I was starting to dream with my eyes open when I went to bed.

So you've time-traveled, too!  Yeah, it's really exhausting.  Airports are exhausting.

tumblr_nw59lfMbjl1urxr04o1_500.gif

4-4-4-8-8-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Plus naps.  I needed it.

0-2-0-0-5-x-x//x-x-x-x-x-x-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x

5-5-5-5-0-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

There was ice cream.  I don't regret it.

0-10-0-0-0-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

10-5-0-0-0-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I mean, there's stuff I could maybe focus on, but it's vacation, enough's getting done for what it is.

0-10-10-0-0-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-5-0-0-2-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Oops.  I should do that meditation before bed.  Although I've been just falling fast asleep immediately.

2-0-0-0-2-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

5-7-3-10-0-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-0-0-0-0-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

There's a lot going on.  Honestly, if this doesn't happen for a couple of weeks... fair enough.

x-x//x-x//_-_//_-_//_-_

X-ing out two weeks for reasons.

3-0-2-10-0-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

• Like 1

Wo05hEhx2uMZG.gif

4-4-4-8-8-8-7//4-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-2-0-0-5-0-5//?-x-x-x-x-x-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x

5-5-5-5-0-0-5//0-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I'm kind of not on my own schedule right now, so no IF.  And slight exceptions to LCHF on a bunch of days, for reasonable family reasons.  Nothing radically terrible, but it doesn't count.

0-10-0-0-0-0-0//?-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

10-5-0-0-0-0-3//5-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-10-10-0-0-0-0//10-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-5-0-0-2-0-0//5-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

2-0-0-0-2-0-2//2-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

5-7-3-10-0-0-0//?-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-0-0-0-0-0-0//?-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-5//x-x//_-_//_-_//_-_

Five points for replacing a broken thing with something I need more now, and also figuring out how to repair the broken thing so it can be useful later.  (Normally I don't count purchasing, since acquiring possessions is the exact opposite of the point, but I'm counting that as bundled with figuring out the repair.  It's my messenger bag; after seven years, it's worn down to unusable, but I think they'll repair everything wrong with it for a nominal fee, so it should come back in good shape and go for another few years.  But it's also not really an ideal commuter bag for me right now.)

3-0-2-10-0-10-10//10-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Man.  I really need to change my cable company so I can watch The Doctor again...

Also, I really have nothing to add besides you're awesome and I second everything Mistr and Kishi say.  

• Like 2

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

2 hours ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Man.  I really need to change my cable company so I can watch The Doctor again...

You do.  You really do.  (Or get DVDs at your fabulous Boston library system.)

2 hours ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Also, I really have nothing to add besides you're awesome and I second everything Mistr and Kishi say.  

That's really sweet.  You three can stay.  Everyone else is on notice except you three. ;) 

• Like 2

I noticed that you got 7-8 hours of sleep four days in a row. Excellent! I intended to get lots of sleep while I was on vacation, but these pesky fun times with friends kept me up late a bunch of times, followed by opportunities to go do things the next day. However, there are more possibilities for naps.

I completely understand about your food not being in your control. You have to coordinate with other people for meals. Content of said meals may be far different from what you would choose. You do what you can with good grace. I'm impressed that you have time for tracking anything while you are on vacation.

Level 58  Viking paladin

darillium.gif

It turns out my hair is... actually really curly.

4-4-4-8-8-8-7//4-6-6-7-6-9-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-2-0-0-5-0-5//x-x-x-x-x-x-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x

5-5-5-5-0-0-5//0-0-5-0-0-0-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I really ought to subtract five points for IF/LCHF today, because I am making bread and I am eating it for all three meals.  That is what today is like.

0-10-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-5-?-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

10-5-0-0-0-0-3//5-5-5-0-3-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-10-10-0-0-0-0//10-10-0-10-0-0-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-5-0-0-2-0-0//5-5-0-0-0-?-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

2-0-0-0-2-0-2//2-8-0-8-0-?-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

5-7-3-10-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-?-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-?-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-5//x-x//_-_//_-_//_-_

3-0-2-10-0-10-10//10-10-0-0-4-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

• Like 1

tumblr_ntnzufp2291tdfdv6o1_500.gif

4-4-4-8-8-8-7//4-6-6-7-6-9-5//7-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-2-0-0-5-0-5//x-x-x-x-x-x-x//10-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x

5-5-5-5-0-0-5//0-0-5-0-0-0-3//10-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Much IF.  I had no groceries, so I had nothing to take to work for lunch, so I just decided to skip it.  Which means I got home at 10pm and needed to eat something.  This will make me a touch late for bed and mean I come in under my calorie goal, but I guess it's somewhere between 23/1 and 5:2.  We'll call it 5:2, or something.

0-10-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-10-0-0//10-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

10-5-0-0-0-0-3//5-5-5-0-3-0-0//5-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-10-10-0-0-0-0//10-10-0-10-0-0-0//10-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-5-0-0-2-0-0//5-5-0-0-0-0-0//0-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Seriously, I need to practice the arrogance.  How do I even arrogant?

2-0-0-0-2-0-2//2-8-0-8-0-0-0//3-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

5-7-3-10-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Um, yeah, this one is not happening so much, is it?  It's always the thing that slides when I run out of time.

0-5//x-x//_-_//_-_//_-_

3-0-2-10-0-10-10//10-10-0-0-4-0-1//10-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Also, tonight's aikido class was absolutely what I needed.  Everything feels better.  Some stretching, some gravity massage on my back, some swords... all good.  And like a hot-yoga level of sweating, in the heat.  So much sweat.

Also, I need to see if my gym has a scale.  My measurements don't seem radically different, but my clothes have been feeling like they fit differently the past couple of weeks, in places I don't take a lot of measurements from.  (Like, my leggings seem to fit looser, my dresses feel like they hang differently.)  I don't see very dramatic progress with LCHF, but I do tend to see a slow change; maybe it's just uneven changes in the longer-term.  (My experience is that LCHF+IF works very reliably, though, and that's why I'm trying to put the habit back.  A loss of 2lbs a week, when I'm eating maintenance-level calories.)

Looks like you got home and jumped back into everything full speed. No surprise you didn't have time for writing when you didn't have time for grocery shopping. Priorities.

I am sooooooo glad my current dojo has A/C. My first dojo didn't. I always wore judo gis in the summer because they soak up more sweat before they get soggy. Karate gis are just gross in hot weather. It's not like wearing thick fabric makes a difference. I'm going to sweat buckets anyway.

Nice to see some changes in your shape even if the scale is not moving yet. That proves that your exercise is making a real difference. Plus you were with your family last week and not able to control your food choices the way you would at home. I'll bet you start to see rapid changes now that you are back to your normal routine.

Level 58  Viking paladin

13 hours ago, Kishi said:

Sounds like my dojo. The A/C doesn't work and the judo and kali guys tend to just run it w/ the doors open and the fans blowing. I get down to warm up and by the time I'm done I have a puddle under me. It's... invigorating.

There's a pleasant sauna-like quality, if you can stay hydrated enough.  (I struggle with that.)

7 hours ago, Mistr said:

No surprise you didn't have time for writing when you didn't have time for grocery shopping. Priorities.

There's a certain amount of truth to this, but my writing goal is so small that it's hard not to do.  Except that I don't. :) 

7 hours ago, Mistr said:

Nice to see some changes in your shape even if the scale is not moving yet. That proves that your exercise is making a real difference. Plus you were with your family last week and not able to control your food choices the way you would at home. I'll bet you start to see rapid changes now that you are back to your normal routine.

My exercise has been pretty irregular the past few months; it's probably mostly diet.  Or just the slight improvement in everything, over time, perhaps.  We'll see.  IF does tend to help when I can keep it up, though I've been struggling to eat enough on IF, and sometimes that's an issue.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2017 at 0:18 AM, sarakingdom said:

Also, tonight's aikido class was absolutely what I needed.  Everything feels better.  Some stretching, some gravity massage on my back, some swords... all good.  And like a hot-yoga level of sweating, in the heat.  So much sweat.

On 7/11/2017 at 10:15 AM, Kishi said:

Sounds like my dojo. The A/C doesn't work and the judo and kali guys tend to just run it w/ the doors open and the fans blowing. I get down to warm up and by the time I'm done I have a puddle under me. It's... invigorating.

On 7/11/2017 at 3:49 PM, Mistr said:

I am sooooooo glad my current dojo has A/C. My first dojo didn't. I always wore judo gis in the summer because they soak up more sweat before they get soggy. Karate gis are just gross in hot weather. It's not like wearing thick fabric makes a difference. I'm going to sweat buckets anyway.

See, my dojo claims to have AC.  And we do.  But... it's kind of gimpy.  At best we tend to have a coolish/minorly less humid dojo at the start of class.  But by the end, we are all drenched regardless.  And one of the senior instructors has stated she prefers the heat when training anyway.  And then OG opens the windows anyway, even if he's told that the AC is on.  So there's that problem, too....

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

tumblr_nw3eycnsfg1urxr04o1_500.gif

4-4-4-8-8-8-7//4-6-6-7-6-9-5//7-6-6-6-9-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-2-0-0-5-0-5//x-x-x-x-x-x-x//10-x-0-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x//_-x-_-x-x-_-x

5-5-5-5-0-0-5//0-0-5-0-0-0-3//10-5-10-10-5-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I seem to be losing bout five pounds a month on LC alone, which is okay.  Could be better, could be worse.

0-10-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-10-0-0//10-10-10-10-?-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

10-5-0-0-0-0-3//5-5-5-0-3-0-0//5-10-5-10-5-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-10-10-0-0-0-0//10-10-0-10-0-0-0//10-0-0-0-0-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-5-0-0-2-0-0//5-5-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-?-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

2-0-0-0-2-0-2//2-8-0-8-0-0-0//3-0-0-5-5-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

5-7-3-10-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-5//x-x//_-_//_-_//_-_

3-0-2-10-0-10-10//10-10-0-0-4-0-1//10-0-0-0-0-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_//_-_-_-_-_-_-_

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RisenPhoenix said:

*poke poke*

You alive over there?

754c0008d72d7625acbd49658148e31d7996a756

Sort of.  Let me catch up here real fast.

the-boy.gif

4-4-4-8-8-8-7//4-6-6-7-6-9-5//7-6-6-6-9-5-4//6-7-6-7-5-8-4//7-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-2-0-0-5-0-5//x-x-x-x-x-x-x//10-x-0-x-x-0-x//0-x-0-x-x-0-x//10-x-_-x-x-_-x

5-5-5-5-0-0-5//0-0-5-0-0-0-3//10-5-10-10-5-10-5//10-10-10-5-0-10-5//5-_-_-_-_-_-_

I seem to be losing bout five pounds a month on LC alone, which is okay.  Could be better, could be worse.

0-10-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-10-0-0//10-10-10-10-0-0-0//10-10-10-10-10-10-0//10-_-_-_-_-_-_

10-5-0-0-0-0-3//5-5-5-0-3-0-0//5-10-5-10-5-0-0//10-0-0-0-0-0-10//5-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-10-10-0-0-0-0//10-10-0-10-0-0-0//10-0-10-0-0-0-0//5-0-0-0-5-0-0//0-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-5-0-0-2-0-0//5-5-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-_-_-_-_-_-_

2-0-0-0-2-0-2//2-8-0-8-0-0-0//3-0-0-5-5-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-_-_-_-_-_-_

5-7-3-10-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-0-0//0-0-0-0-0-0-0//5-0-0-0-5-0-0//?-_-_-_-_-_-_

0-5//x-x//0-0//5-0//_-_

3-0-2-10-0-10-10//10-10-0-0-4-0-1//10-0-0-0-0-5-0//0-0-0-0-0-0-10//10-_-_-_-_-_-_

• Like 2

Well, I was going to replace my challenge this week due to changing conditions, but we've only got a week left, so I'll see it out, I guess.

My next challenge is basically ready.  Back to Discworld for the next one.

• Like 3