• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

Ye Olde Ranger Guilde Hall: General Chatter

Hello to all here.

I just thought I would drop in and introduce myself here since I consider myself a Ranger. LOL! Since I live/work at Yellowstone National Park for the 2017 season (I will be back for the 2018 season), well, here I am. :D I'm also trying to get hired on by the NPS as an Interpretive Ranger but it takes a while and getting on at Yellowstone is VERY hard. Since my boyfriend already IS a ranger at Yellowstone, maybe I can get hired on at Yellowstone, too. Who knows? :D 

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I'm a 60-year-old full-time RVer looking to get back into shape after serious health issues. I'm not a fan of gyms---tried them and hated them! To each his/her own, though. My plan is that since I like the idea of strength training and I LOVE distance walking/hiking, with as much hiking and trails that Yellowstone has to offer, I won't have any problems. LOL! I also like the idea of strength training by using my own bodyweight. Elastigirl gave me some great ideas to check out (thanks, Elastigirl!) and Wobbegong suggested I get some resistance bands which I plan on doing today when I go to run some errands later on. 

Anyway, I'm going to get on with my day and get my errands taken care of. I am also looking to hike Mt. Washburn today. I got a great book from my boyfriend about the best hikes and Mt. Washburn here in Yellowstone sounds great! It's also an easier hike for someone like me just starting on my fitness journey after being ill. 

Later on!

VanGrrl57

• Like 7

Hello there, VanGrrl57,

welcome to the rangers!

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

• Like 1

Congrats and amazing job to everyone who kicked butt and finished strong these last 4 weeks!!  I just joined earlier this week, but I have totally been creeping on some threads and you are all awesome.  Can't wait to do my first challenge with you guys!

• Like 3

Typical Rurik, behind the times. Strangely jacked-up-excited to know another challenge is just around the corner.

Welcome to the new faces. Excited to stand alongside you all next month!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Am I the only one who can't wait for the next challenge to post?  :-D

Nope.  I did my worksheet yesterday, and I'm thinking about getting in a practice week this week before the next one actually starts.  

1 hour ago, Stribs said:

Nope.  I did my worksheet yesterday, and I'm thinking about getting in a practice week this week before the next one actually starts.  

You're in the right place! A lot of people just continue doing challenge stuff through Zero Week. 

2 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Hey, has everyone's forum pages updated and look all different now? It feels strangely borderless.... 

Yup! To me it looks like everything's in a very detached boldface and I kept refreshing the page thinking it had loaded wrong XD

Big welcome to the newcomers! <3

4 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Hey, has everyone's forum pages updated and look all different now? It feels strangely borderless.... 

Yes, the whole website was down for about 4-6 hours yesterday; they seem to have upgraded ... the type faces are different, there are new reaction buttons ...

@Tanktimus the Encourager, I think the barkeeper has been renovating the guildhall again!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

Yes, the whole website was down for about 4-6 hours yesterday; they seem to have upgraded ... the type faces are different, there are new reaction buttons ...

@Tanktimus the Encourager, I think the barkeeper has been renovating the guildhall again!

Ask and ye shall receive...

New Guildhall:

And Don't forget to Check out the New Mini Challenge:

And the forum software has updated. Spezzy is checking on the changes, this isn't as drastic as last year, so don't panic.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

And the forum software has updated. Spezzy is checking on the changes, this isn't as drastic as last year, so don't panic.

(I had a gif for this but for some reason the link isn't embedding properly and it only shows the URL....) 

I'm sure we'll get used to it in time, but I can't help thinking the page is only partly loaded. The urge to hit refresh is strong! ;) 

Ooooh, a Star Trek mini! Count me in!

• Like 1

Has the new challenge gone up yet? I clicked "current challenge" and it keeps redirecting me here. I don't want to miss everyone's cool challenges.

ETA: Ack, never mind, found it. 

46 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

Has the new challenge gone up yet? I clicked "current challenge" and it keeps redirecting me here. I don't want to miss everyone's cool challenges.

ETA: Ack, never mind, found it. 

The old-timers will be starting their challenges tomorrow.  You still have time to post something.