Owlet clicks back into gear

Owlet

56 minutes ago, Severine said:

The butt bruise made me laugh a bit. It sounds like one of those things that's simultaneously awful but hilarious. And snowboarding sounds awesome :D

This challenge is over now and it's Week 0 for the next round.

How are things with the new guy? He was the one you were snowboarding with, right? I can't remember.

Ha, cool well at least I'll be able to start fresh with everyone's threads and hopefully keep up this time... lots of people I've been wanting to drop in on and just haven't had a chance doh!

New guy is now boyfriend so I guess they're going pretty darn well :) so well it amazes me that I ever gave the time of day to most of the guys I've known... but hey, until you know better it's easy to put up with all kinds of shit eh. Between finding this guy and not being on birth control anymore, I feel happier than I have in... well, a veeeeery long time! It's pretty great :) Makes the long hard slog feel worth it at last.!

Butt bruise makes me laugh every time I think of it XD I'm weirdly proud of it haha. If only it wasn't on my butt, I'd go around showing everyone!

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Owlet said:

New guy is now boyfriend so I guess they're going pretty darn well :) so well it amazes me that I ever gave the time of day to most of the guys I've known... but hey, until you know better it's easy to put up with all kinds of shit eh. Between finding this guy and not being on birth control anymore, I feel happier than I have in... well, a veeeeery long time! It's pretty great :) Makes the long hard slog feel worth it at last.!

Imagen relacionada

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Owlet said:

Ok, I wanted to upload some kind of happiness gif, but this stupid new forums shows 4 copies of it (and none works).

So, off gif.

I am happy to see you're in such a good new relationship and that you're feeling so good off birth control. I hope these feelings will last long! :iconminimoosebounceplz:

----------------

It seems the web decided on its own to post two messages? I had deleted the previous one...

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Owlet said:

giphy.gif

So happy for you!! :D:D:D

• Like 2

Awww you guys! So nice to come in this morning and read your messages, put a smile on my face :) 

I think I jinxed myself by saying how happy I am haha, I got a lil upset last night. Over work though, nothing relationship-related. Word on the street is there is no work lined up for my department next year, for the first time in years. And I know we've been through this before ('oh no, there's no work, we can't renew your contract! Oh no! Oh wait, there is work, false alarm) but everyone seems way more concerned this time and I only just started enjoying my job, ugh. Still, I have a contract until November at this stage, and a lot can change between now and then so I'm going to do my best to stay positive and take some steps to insure I have options. Looks like the next challenge will be tackling up-skilling again.

Bruise update: Guyssss, it is such a badass bruise! I'm so impressed by it, still. It's not getting any smaller haha. 

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Owlet said:

Awww you guys! So nice to come in this morning and read your messages, put a smile on my face :) 

I think I jinxed myself by saying how happy I am haha, I got a lil upset last night. Over work though, nothing relationship-related. Word on the street is there is no work lined up for my department next year, for the first time in years. And I know we've been through this before ('oh no, there's no work, we can't renew your contract! Oh no! Oh wait, there is work, false alarm) but everyone seems way more concerned this time and I only just started enjoying my job, ugh. Still, I have a contract until November at this stage, and a lot can change between now and then so I'm going to do my best to stay positive and take some steps to insure I have options. Looks like the next challenge will be tackling up-skilling again.

Look at it this way, maybe: if work appears for your department you have the option of staying on and continuing something you're starting to enjoy. If it doesn't, you may end up needing to leave, but it'll be an opportunity to try something else (which, while scary, is something you've contemplated for a while) and you have about three months to prepare for the possibility. I know you will be able to find a way to see whatever challenge or change comes your way as a chance to grow and develop into a more owlet-y person :)

• Like 3
On 10/08/2017 at 3:14 PM, Severine said:

Look at it this way, maybe: if work appears for your department you have the option of staying on and continuing something you're starting to enjoy. If it doesn't, you may end up needing to leave, but it'll be an opportunity to try something else (which, while scary, is something you've contemplated for a while) and you have about three months to prepare for the possibility. I know you will be able to find a way to see whatever challenge or change comes your way as a chance to grow and develop into a more owlet-y person :)

Nailed it! <3 Since then I have been to a Buddhist meeting and had a good chant, followed by a good night's sleep - I feel much better about it all now. It is mainly the fear of the unknown and my own doubts that is making this unpleasant. The rational part of my brain totally thinks this is a good thing, as I'd be unlikely to get my ass into gear (re finally actually doing what I really want to be doing with my life) unless I'm forced to make a move. But we all know Rational Brain is only part of the equation when it comes to mental state and it's vital to address emotions/fears/doubts. In a weird way I'm glad because my Buddhist practice has definitely slipped a little in the last few weeks and I was curious to see what difference it would make, if any. Got my answer, along with a load of motivation to go forward with more dedication and focus :) 

I'm heading out of town for the weekend to visit a friend I haven't seen in years, will try and post a new challenge early next week. Stay classy ppl (or not, I won't judge you!)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I miiight still make a new challenge, but no promises... in the meantime though, I went for a run today and was just planning on taking it pretty easy but on the way back I was surprised by someone running up behind me and saying "hey! I work at the same place as you!". I assumed he'd just overtake and be on his merry way but he decided to jog with me and chat :o I'm so self conscious about running with other people lol, they're pretty much always faster. And this guy had just been for a casual 10km run XD So rather than easing off towards the end of my run I went faster than usual and tried to talk at the same time... prime tomato territory haha @NeverThatBored! He asked if I run with the work group and I said no, I'm too scared lol, to  which he said I could join the trail running group - they purposefully run a bit slower and my pace would be perfect (I didn't have the heart to tell him that wasn't my usual pace!) Lol. Good news is, it was my fastest 3km in a long time. 

• Like 9
9 hours ago, Owlet said:

I miiight still make a new challenge, but no promises... in the meantime though, I went for a run today and was just planning on taking it pretty easy but on the way back I was surprised by someone running up behind me and saying "hey! I work at the same place as you!". I assumed he'd just overtake and be on his merry way but he decided to jog with me and chat :o I'm so self conscious about running with other people lol, they're pretty much always faster. And this guy had just been for a casual 10km run XD So rather than easing off towards the end of my run I went faster than usual and tried to talk at the same time... prime tomato territory haha @NeverThatBored! He asked if I run with the work group and I said no, I'm too scared lol, to  which he said I could join the trail running group - they purposefully run a bit slower and my pace would be perfect (I didn't have the heart to tell him that wasn't my usual pace!) Lol. Good news is, it was my fastest 3km in a long time. 

Hah this sounds like a low level nightmare to me. But it's awesome you were able to push your pace.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Severine said:

Hah this sounds like a low level nightmare to me. But it's awesome you were able to push your pace.

Haha riiight?? I was stoked it wasn't as bad as I would've assumed. 

7 hours ago, Twilight said:

I feel you on the selfconsciousnesses. You did it, though! Good job!

Thanks!

9 hours ago, zenLara said:

Haha, you got pushed by him. But you held on! Good!

Are you going to join the trail running group?

:D Realistically no... they run on sundays, sooo... no. Sundays are busy enough as it is! Running is strictly a lunchtime sport for me haha.

12 hours ago, Dagger said:

Haha. Well, it sounds kinda nice still, your run/talking I mean. :)

It was actually! I went out expecting to be sluggish because I was tired so I totally surprised myself. 

It is so sunny today! And I just drank a great coffee! Everything is great :D 

• Like 7
On 11/09/2017 at 6:45 AM, fleaball said:

Owleeeeettttttt I've seen you lurking but you haven't posted in forever. How's life? 

Also tagging you bc idk what your notification settings are so hi @Owlet

Hiiiii!! haha yes I've been lurking, just too busy to actually post anything much :o But in a good way. I'll reward you with an ultra quick recap of recent happenings:

• I ran 5km last week for the first time in.. oh, years. Like 7 or so. I did run very slowly and had a couple of minutes break at the halfway point, but I'm still stoked!
  • I've eaten a lot of carbs recently. Definitely blaming this on the bf lol. Work in progress.
  • I hit another (expensive) car as I was reversing out of a park. In my defence he rolled in next to me while I was busy checking for traffic. Thankfully, insurance covered his fancy-ass car and I now have a shiny new bumper and $400 less in the bank. That bumper really needed replacing anyway, so I'll call it a win.
  • I had to give a statement to the police because the guy whose fingerprints were found in my friend's stolen car is pleading not guilty.
  • Got acupuncture again (yay) and she said I had a mole I should get checked. Got it checked, they said come back in 3 months for further monitoring. Phew.
  • My flatmates just left the country to go live in Canada, sob. New flatmates moved in on the weekend. They seem ok, but I've mostly been staying at the bf's flat anyway so I don't really feel like I know them.. need to make more effort on that front. 
  • Life is good!
  • Need to chant more! Or at all! Gah.
  • Back could be better. I haven't been doing my physio exercises or stretches at all. Considering taking up pilates as a way to force myself to work the relevant muscles. 

OK you;re more of less up to date now lol. Might do a challenge with the next round. thanks for checking up on me :) 

• Like 6