[Hymnusal] - Balancing Undeath

Hymnusal

Woah. Lots of posts. 

Good of luck on the sugar challenge, and congratulations for doing well so far. Carrots can't replace chocolate for me, but they do make a good snack. They can be pretty sweet too.

Peas too for that matter. I never noticed until I tried adding them to Mac and Cheese years ago. They were disgustingly sweet when eaten with cheese. 

Happy Canada Day! Do you do fireworks? 

• Like 1

Orc ~ Level 4 ~ Michaela's Profile

1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7

Strength 8 • Dexterity 3 • Stamina 4 • Constitution 7 • Wisdom 3 • Charisma 3

On 7/1/2017 at 6:14 AM, Hymnusal said:

Day -9: (June 30th)

Strength and Stretching with Fanzagale: Rest day
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 1 meals done! (3/4 so far) 
  Reveal hidden contents

June 30 breakfast: Puffed Rice with Dorset brand granola on top + Almond milk (this is going to get repetitive)

June 30 morning snack time: Teaaaaaaaaaaa

June 30 lunch: Husband took me out to Freddy's Waffle Station. Guacamole Waffle sandwich was awesome, these guys make fantastic guacamole, but I think of this more as treat than a healthy meal so I won't count it towards the rainbow of vegetation.

June 30 afternoon snack time: Baby carrots and tea. So much tea.

June 30 supper: Chicken thigh and pan fried sweet potatoes

June 30 evening: Unsweetened peanut butter toast, Hummus and Broccoli

eP3477a.jpg

dNCiVNM.jpg

dnipbDb.jpg

oq8fqcd.jpg

BSO5ooQ.jpg

scI0n6Z.jpg

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: I survived on tea and distractions! No sugary sweets were eaten. 2 day streak.

Tidy spaces with Bellabarque: It doesn't count for cleaning up the apartment, but I cleaned my desk at work and felt a bit better about the work space afterwards.

Bonus: Mind and Soul with Clawdiya: Stayed up really late to hang out with/support a friend who has been having a rough time lately. Found time to read some, but didn't do any meditation.

In other news, today is Canada's 150th birthday. I guess this is the day the British North America Act came into effect and the Dominion of Canada was formed. Guess both Canada and America liked doing constitutional paperwork in early July? 
Happy Canada Day! :D

Okay, you are rocking this. Great job. ANd I think cleaning the workspace counts towards tidy spaces.

• Like 1

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

11 hours ago, Meushell said:

Peas too for that matter. I never noticed until I tried adding them to Mac and Cheese years ago. They were disgustingly sweet when eaten with cheese. 

I LOVE peas in my mac and cheese but I always add them alongside broccoli and garlic, which may counter the sweet a bit. 

Yes, my mac and cheese is usually more green than white/yellow. It's better that way

Now I really want some mac and cheese...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Wobbegong said:

I LOVE peas in my mac and cheese but I always add them alongside broccoli and garlic, which may counter the sweet a bit. 

Yes, my mac and cheese is usually more green than white/yellow. It's better that way

Lol.  That might help.  Sometimes I like adding vegetables into things, but other times I just prefer the vegetables on the side. 

• Like 1

Orc ~ Level 4 ~ Michaela's Profile

1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7

Strength 8 • Dexterity 3 • Stamina 4 • Constitution 7 • Wisdom 3 • Charisma 3

On 7/1/2017 at 1:31 PM, Wobbegong said:

Happy Canada Day!! Is special stuff happening for 150 years? That seems like a number humans would like to make a big deal about. 

The humans are making a big deal about it. The part I'm most excited about is that the National Parks are all open to the public without admission to celebrate (you still need to pay for campsites if you're staying but otherwise it is open for anyone to visit them, no cost). I've already been to see the Greenwich Sand Dunes in Prince Edward Island, and I have plans to visit at least 3 other national parks this summer if I can. :D 

21 hours ago, Meushell said:

Happy Canada Day! Do you do fireworks? 

I almost didn't because hubby and I had a "squabble" earlier in the day when we tried to do the things downtown... both of our faults in a way, but the end result was doing what he wanted which was going home and avoiding all of the people. At the last minute I hopped in my car parked 5 blocks from the walking bridge across the river and ran to the fireworks. They started while I was in the car, but I still think I made it for about half of them :) It was kind of cool because a mist had settled over the river so some of the fireworks exploded in the clouds. One of my friends compared it to rockets going up hitting alien targets we couldn't see. I just wish I had got to see more of the cultural events downtown :( For such a small city we are very multicultural and the different cultures get venues to shine at events like these with dancing music and drums. *sigh* Introversion sucks sometimes.

9 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I suddenly understand where the mac and cheese in your thread came from... :P

21 hours ago, Meushell said:

Woah. Lots of posts. 

I'm surprised too, I have lots of data to gather and present though, so I suppose it makes sense, somehow.

12 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Okay, you are rocking this. Great job. ANd I think cleaning the workspace counts towards tidy spaces.

Thanks :) It's not a very big desk, so it wasn't a huge job, but every little bit helps and I have more room to work with.

• Like 1

Rebel Death Knight

Level 3 : Progress [ = _ _ _ ]

Challenges: [4] Current / 3 / 2 / 1

Day -8: (July 1st)

Strength and Stretching with Fanzagale: Ran to fireworks came home and did the BBWW 
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 1 meals done! (4/5 so far)
Spoiler

July 1 breakfast: Toast with Partridge Berry and Cloud Berry jams* , one cinnamon roasted cashew (not worth picture for one, stole from hubby's market treat bag)

July 1 morning snack time: Tea

July 1 lunch: Chicken grilled cheese, strawberry salad

July 1 afternoon snack time: Split snack size bag of chips with hubby.

July 1 supper: N/A (no one was hungry)

July 1 evening: Mixed peanuts, raisins and a few unsweetened dark chocolate chips in a jar. Ate most of the jar, but not all.

iZb1duv.jpg

* Forgot to photograph my toast before I ate it, so I took a pick of the jam and loaf instead.

Cv05of0.jpgFfFss8n.jpgnLI5cwX.jpg

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: I ate enough jam to count it as a sugary sweet... this is my "treat of the week". 2 day streak.

Tidy spaces with Bellabarque: Tried the 20/10 strategy from http://unfuckyourhabitat.tumblr.com/ Did two 20/10s in my dining/living area

Spoiler

Before:

JH00j7z.jpgo6rINtg.jpg

After:

rRAGcd8.jpgQEuX4YH.jpg

(Even did the fridge door!)

Bonus: Mind and Soul with Clawdiya: Read and Meditated for a short stretch. I think it counts because I didn't pass out reading :P

• Like 3

Rebel Death Knight

Day -7: (July 2nd)

A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 2 meals done! (6/7 so far)
Spoiler

July 2 breakfast: Puffed wheat, granola, and Almond milk

July 2 morning snack time: N/A

July 2 lunch: Lunch out with friend who needed cheering up, got the breakfast skillet for it's vegetable content. Assorted grilled veggies, cheese, 2 eggs, multi-grain toast (with peanut butter), cantaloupe and orange juice smoothie.

July 2 afternoon snack time: Tea++

July 2 supper: Strawberry salad, beet greens with mint and red wine vinegar, egg in hole multi-grain toast with a tiny bit of maple syrup drizzled on top, strawberries on the extra toast rounds.

July 2 evening: Tea

sIShlkb.jpgvFUHeV8.jpgJBrBwc7.jpgSIp5yqn.jpg

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: Dodged Ice Cream sundaes at church found a smoothie at the restaurant that didn't add any extra stuff. As an aside another church lady asked me if I was pregnant. The response "no, just tubby" flustered her real good. *evil grin* I did say the next one who pulled that on me would be getting bluntness. 

Tidy spaces with Bellabarque: Nothing today

Bonus: Mind and Soul with Clawdiya: Did both. :) 

• Like 3

Rebel Death Knight

Day -6: (July 3nd)

A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 1 meal done! (7/9 so far)
Spoiler

July 3 breakfast: Puffed ?, granola, and Almond milk, one strawberry on top. (The pic looks like rice, but I can't remember for sure)

July 3 morning snack time: N/A

July 3 lunch: Hummus, broccoli, cinamon-raisin biscuit covered in fresh strawberry mash. No sugar added :)

July 3 afternoon snack time: Mixed peanuts, raisins and a few unsweetened dark chocolate chips in a jar. Strawberry, peach, mango, coconut milk/almond milk smoothie.

July 3 supper: Onion rings and Pizza, we ordered a smaller pizza than normal, but I really did not feel like cooking. For some reason yesterday was just overwhelming. Days with no plans seem to be like that for me, I hate puttering without purpose.

July 3 evening: N/A

jo2VViv.jpgTxC4IvL.jpgH7kzBqz.jpg

nLI5cwX.jpgWYnhaiM.jpg96AZuNk.jpgYEquk0k.jpg

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: A-okay for today, tomorrow will be hard though, back to a routine full of sugar triggers.

Tidy spaces with Bellabarque: Nothing today. Thought about it, then got overwhelmed. I did however go get passport photos and print some pictures for my grandmother that she asked for a few months ago, so at least I hit to-do list stuff.

To the Americans on the forum, Happy Independence Day, hope you have a great day!

• Like 3

Rebel Death Knight

3 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

Day -6: (July 3nd)

A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 1 meal done! (7/9 so far)
  Hide contents

July 3 breakfast: Puffed ?, granola, and Almond milk, one strawberry on top. (The pic looks like rice, but I can't remember for sure)

July 3 morning snack time: N/A

July 3 lunch: Hummus, broccoli, cinamon-raisin biscuit covered in fresh strawberry mash. No sugar added :)

July 3 afternoon snack time: Mixed peanuts, raisins and a few unsweetened dark chocolate chips in a jar.

July 3 supper: Onion rings and Pizza, we ordered a smaller pizza than normal, but I really did not feel like cooking. For some reason yesterday was just overwhelming. Days with no plans seem to be like that for me, I hate puttering without purpose.

July 3 evening: N/A

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: A-okay for today, tomorrow will be hard though, back to a routine full of sugar triggers.

Tidy spaces with Bellabarque: Nothing today. Thought about it, then got overwhelmed. I did however go get passport photos and print some pictures for my grandmother that she asked for a few months ago, so at least I hit to-do list stuff.

To the Americans on the forum, Happy Independence Day, hope you have a great day!

You're doing great! Good luck with your sugar triggers tomorrow... do you have a plan in place to help you avoid them? 

Regarding Independence Day... I'm just hoping the fireworks stop after tonight. >_> But summer is fireworks season so probably not. (I'm sooooo patriotic lol)

8 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

do you have a plan in place to help you avoid them? 

Took a small container of trail mix to work, that helped quite a bit. :)

8 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Regarding Independence Day... I'm just hoping the fireworks stop after tonight. >_> But summer is fireworks season so probably not. (I'm sooooo patriotic lol)

Not sure how fireworks = patriotic ... are fireworks allowed anywhere in America? People around here tend to shoot them over bodies of water to avoid accidents, so it's only a disturbance at my grandmother's lakeside cottage.

• Like 2

Rebel Death Knight

Just now, Hymnusal said:

Took a small container of trail mix to work, that helped quite a bit. :)

Not sure how fireworks = patriotic ... are fireworks allowed anywhere in America? People around here tend to shoot them over bodies of water to avoid accidents, so it's only a disturbance at my grandmother's lakeside cottage.

Awesome planning with trail mix! 

Fireworks are prohibited in many places in America, although like with everything, rules vary state by state and sometimes even city by city. In some places, it's only legal to buy/sell them in certain areas (for example, on a Native American reservation), but once you have them you can set them off anywhere on your own property. Of course there are fire risks, so open parking lots tend to be popular for setting them off. 

In my hometown, they're pretty much constrained to just the designated, pre-approved big displays, which all happen over a body of water. I'm currently away from home and loud bangs have been going off intermittently for the past couple of weeks. 

As far as the patriotism connection, in the US fireworks are pretty much only associated with the 4th of July. (It may not be that way everywhere in the country, and I distinctly remember seeing a fireworks display at Lake Tahoe in the middle of winter when I was a small child, but by and large that's been my impression.) Anything related to the 4th of July is patriotic by default here. 

Day -5: (July 4th)

Strength and Stretching with Fanzagale: Done with some Yoga at the end! :D
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 2 meals done! (9/11 so far) - It's a good thing I take the pictures, I write my summary before I import the images and the last two days I forgot something that I totally ate from the summary, but I had the picture to remind me.
Spoiler

July 4 breakfast: Puffed rice, granola, and Almond milk, one strawberry on top.

July 4 morning snack time: Tea-n-Tea (it's dynamite)

July 4 lunch: Leftover pizza slice, 4 new season carrots, banana, some trail mix.

July 4 afternoon snack time: Rest of trail mix, more tea

July 4 supper: The thing in the picture... which is mostly carrots and sweet potatoes, but also contains rice, red pepper, snow peas, broccoli, cashews, garlic, and ginger. Started by pan frying the orange things and then switched it over to stir fry by adding a little water. Also had the "gimp biscuit" from the batch of sourdough biscuits I made for my husband's lunches, and a small piece of cheese while making tomorrow's lunch.

July 4 evening: Shared a bowl of popcorn with hubby. Plain, and then added my own salt and butter (so I know it is "just a little"). Hubby used to not like this kind of popcorn, but now he snubs all other kinds :)

9brzajQ.jpgK3luCi4.jpgf1XgujF.jpgxAu2Bai.jpgYXKswrj.jpgCJTVuhr.jpg

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: 5 day streak. 10:30 am and 2:30 pm seem to be the hardest times. And when I'm playing video games. I wonder if I could do something at 10:30 and 2:30 like walk around the block to be a 'treat' instead. Might try this tomorrow. Video games is just mindless eating, placing a tea in front of me works sometimes as a replacement.

Tidy spaces with Bellabarque: I cleaned up my email inbox. I don't think I can express how stressful it was and how much easier it is to look at now. I also addressed some out the outstanding emails I was being lazy about actioning and unsubscribed like crazy from spam/junk mailing lists.

• Like 2

Rebel Death Knight

4 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

Day -5: (July 4th)

Strength and Stretching with Fanzagale: Done with some Yoga at the end! :D
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 2 meals done! (9/11 so far) - It's a good thing I take the pictures, I write my summary before I import the images and the last two days I forgot something that I totally ate from the summary, but I had the picture to remind me.
Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: 5 day streak. 10:30 am and 2:30 pm seem to be the hardest times. And when I'm playing video games. I wonder if I could do something at 10:30 and 2:30 like walk around the block to be a 'treat' instead. Might try this tomorrow. Video games is just mindless eating, placing a tea in front of me works sometimes as a replacement.

Tidy spaces with Bellabarque: I cleaned up my email inbox. I don't think I can express how stressful it was and how much easier it is to look at now. I also addressed some out the outstanding emails I was being lazy about actioning and unsubscribed like crazy from spam/junk mailing lists.

Okay< I fell behind a bit, Sorry about that.

You are doing great. Maybe take a walk before or after your gaming time as a "Okay, before or after I game, I need to walk first" I get how it is mindless eating. Its a "oh lets just eat this while we do X.

It sounds like the pictures are helping so great job. Oh and I get the email thing. I do that at work periodically and I always feel so much better to see it clean.

Great job. Keep it up

• Like 2

Day -4: (July 5th)

Strength and Stretching with Fanzagale: Rest Day
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 2 meals done! (11/13 so far)
Spoiler

July 4 breakfast: Puffed wheat, granola, and Almond milk

July 4 morning snack time: Trail mix

July 4 lunch: Tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwich on multi-grain, grape tomatoes

July 4 afternoon snack time: Tea

July 4 supper: Chicken soup, Hummus, Broccoli, & split Apple Cinnamon Nice Cream with hubby

July 4 evening: N/A

z7njo06.jpgdoD704H.jpgwjI8Tx4.jpgHSdVEF1.jpg8COT9sG.jpg2eE2zAF.jpg

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: 6 day streak.

Tidy spaces with Bellabarque: No time (worship team practice), plus I was in such a mood -_- I keep hoping that cleaning up what I eat will help with those, but I'm also starting to think that sleep will need to be added to that equation.

• Like 2

Rebel Death Knight

2 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

Day -4: (July 5th)

Tidy spaces with Bellabarque: No time (worship team practice), plus I was in such a mood -_- I keep hoping that cleaning up what I eat will help with those, but I'm also starting to think that sleep will need to be added to that equation.

As much as I am trying to learn to live without sleep, it is unfortunately, something that is needed. If I figure out how to do it without living on Mt Dew and no-doz like I did when I was 20, I will let you know. Otherwise, sleep is necessary. Stupid body wants rest or something.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hymnusal said:

imgur just told me I deserve chocolate. imgur is a jerk. :(

You deserve to feel proud of yourself. How about that? ;)

The Internet in general can be a pretty tough place to avoid temptation. I have no useful suggestions, other than "roll your eyes and keep scrolling." 

• Like 1
On 7/7/2017 at 0:16 PM, Wobbegong said:

I have no useful suggestions, other than "roll your eyes and keep scrolling." 

Fair enough (though it was a phone notification - notifications are now turned off D:<).

Day -3: (July 6th)

Strength and Stretching with Fanzagale: Missed with promise of recovering it tomorrow *
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 2 meals done! (13/15 so far)
Spoiler

July 6 breakfast: Puffed wheat, granola, and Almond milk, strawberry on top.

July 6 morning snack time: Banana, what I thought was a full trail mix container. My husband just gave me the one he had not finished the day before. -_- not cool hombre

July 6 lunch: Chicken soup, spinach salad

July 6 afternoon snack time: two pieces of toast (was freaking out by this point wanting chocolate).

July 6 supper: Egg, mixed greens and veggies with guacamole like dressing and black turtle beans on top. Husband was not impressed (maybe it was the cilantro?) Things like this make me want to go back to making grilled cheeses all the time because I know he will eat it. :( 

July 6 evening: N/A

nZmw7Sv.jpg cA0LvIH.jpg CFP3lbE.jpg iGfQFB1.jpg YSkFhu7.jpg dmzVQaz.jpg el2l7t2.jpg

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: 7 day streak.

Tidy spaces with Bellabarque: Nope

Bonus: Mind and Soul with Clawdiya: only reading

--- 
 * Went to see the house I thought we would buy last night. I loved it. This is when Hubby realized that he can't live without high speed. WTF? We've been looking at houses in the boonies for weeks because he wanted a yard with lots of room and privacy and now he needs his high speed internet. Time wasted, hopes shattered, and then he just moped around. I wasted a lot of energy trying to cheer him up, but I'm starting to think it was a waste of energy because I was completely drained the next morning. :( 

Rebel Death Knight

Day -2: (July 7th)

Strength and Stretching with Fanzagale: BBWW done
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 2 meals done! (15/17 so far)
Spoiler

July 7 breakfast: Puffed rice, granola, and Almond milk. The pic is odd because hubby put the granola in first? his brain wasn't on he said :P 

July 7 morning snack time: Banana, trail mix container, cheddar.

July 7 lunch: Carrot and sweet potato soup, yogurt and muesli, a roll 

July 7 afternoon snack time: N/A

July 7 supper: Sweet potato hash and toast... shamefully unphotographed because I forgot before I finished it. Photo of clean plate acted as the reminder. 

July 7 evening: Beet chips, tropical smoothie.

7ItGK67.jpg CFP3lbE.jpg ygc6OnF.jpg WqoFgRo.jpg x4dV7V4.jpg  eAegfxL.jpg3LpIjyf.jpg 

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: 8 day streak.

• Like 1

Rebel Death Knight

Day -1: (July 8th)

Strength and stretching with Fanzagale: washed cars from 8 -1, otherwise rest day
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 1 meals done - I guess I don't eat while washing cars... (16/18 so far)
Spoiler

July 8 breakfast: N/A

July 8 morning snack time: N/A

July 8 lunch: N/A

July 8 afternoon snack time: Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream #treatoftheweek

July 8 supper: Broccoli and Hummus, rest of beet chips

July 8 evening: N/A

AAol8ml.jpg yujsX41.jpg eonejO1.jpg

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: 9 day streak; ice cream was my treat for the week (I can't believe I held off till Saturday for my treat :D ).

• Like 1

Rebel Death Knight