[Hymnusal] - Balancing Undeath

Hymnusal

Look at you trucking along! You're doing great! And what a fantastic sugar-free streak!! 

I also am the type to get distracted and not eat, so the carwash thing makes sense to me, but make sure you don't go overboard today "making up" for it. (Your body is more likely to instruct you to do this than your conscious.) Or you might feel particularly un-hungry today instead, that happens to me sometimes too. Either way you should make a note of it so you know! 

Keep it up lady! You are fantastic!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, J3NN said:

I'm exhausted today so I feel your undeadness. That's a thing right?

I most definitely is! I saw your post about vivid dreams so I totally understand your exhaustion too! Epic dream adventures often leave me waking up unrested as well ... but sometimes the epic is fun too. :)

20 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I also am the type to get distracted and not eat, so the carwash thing makes sense to me, but make sure you don't go overboard today "making up" for it. (Your body is more likely to instruct you to do this than your conscious.) Or you might feel particularly un-hungry today instead, that happens to me sometimes too. Either way you should make a note of it so you know! 

I think my body did try this, and I think I may have been a little too accommodating. I'm sort of okay with this since I'm not trying to starve myself here, so if it wanted a little extra then it probably needs it.

• Like 2

Rebel Death Knight

Level 3 : Progress [ = _ _ _ ]

Challenges: [4] Current / 3 / 2 / 1

Day 1: (July 9th)

Strength and stretching with Fanzagale: Was really sore after washing cars for 5 hours, going to count that as the last workout for the week since I don't want to push it and do damage (I have damaged knees already that I'm trying to help recover).
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 1~ meals done - Lunch was bigger than anticipated for hubby so he wasn't hungry later which led to weird foodness for me for he rest of the day (17/19 so far)
Spoiler

July 9 breakfast: Organic wheat squares (usually too expensive for us, but was on sale :D), Almond milk

July 9 morning snack time: N/A

July 9 lunch: Beef tacos, some kind of slaw with kimchi and a garden salad, a few of my husband's fries that he couldn't finish.

July 9 afternoon snack time: popcorn, of which my husband stole 1/2... thief! ;) 

July 9 supper: summer strawberry smoothie, snow peas, pistachios, toast

July 9 evening: Tomato soup and cheese toast - about 1/2 way through this I figured out I wasn't hungry and threw the rest out.

1j9tUOE.jpg 7lkaZWc.jpg Q4htYMj.jpg G3WQb8z.jpg 0V9AocB.jpg3GgeYzI.jpgEM81EF0.jpg

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: 10 day streak

Tidy spaces with Bellabarque: Nope

Bonus: Mind and Soul with Clawdiya: both

• Like 2

Rebel Death Knight

Day 2: (July 10th)

Strength and stretching with Fanzagale: Rest Day
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 2 meals done (19/21 so far)
Spoiler

July 10 breakfast: Organic wheat squares, Almond milk, strawberries

July 10 morning snack time: Trail mix

July 10 lunch: Eggs and beet greens (only empty lunch bowl photographed), apple

July 10 afternoon snack time: Muesli, yogurt, berries

July 10 supper: Eggs with sauerkraut, garden salad with cashews, toast (not pictured)

July 10 evening: Popcorn, strawberry smoothie (not pictured)

iTIsr6V.jpg5psO2wP.jpgudBgF0S.jpgtjWWaO6.jpgHr8lGjm.jpg  o3XzSlM.jpg

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: 11 day streak

Bonus: Mind and Soul with Clawdiya: just reading

• Like 2

Rebel Death Knight

So I dissappeared for a bit. I am so glad to see you are doing so well. I understand the "Not hungry when dinner should be.. now we are all thrown off" problem.

are you feeling less sore from the car washing now?

• Like 1

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

How's it going?

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Where'd you go?

I introduced my hubby and daughter to some of our GISHWHES teammates today and now I'm all excited about the hunt this year. I can't wait. Thank goodness I have our vacation planned between then and now to keep me busy with good stuff!

Hope you're doing well!

• Like 3

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

I got productive, and busy, but also social.
Work is very busy and I used to do these posts in the morning there before I started into real stuff, but it looks like I may not have the room for that and all of the things that need doing... I need to find a new time to visit all of you. :love_heart: Not enough time in the world, *sigh*.

Also staring at the heap of posts that I am behind on... well, let's do this then.

Day 3: (July 11th)

Strength and stretching with Fanzagale: BBWW
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 2 meals done (21/23 so far)
Spoiler

July 11 breakfast: Usual + strawberries

July 11 morning snack time: pistachios

July 11 lunch: Curry potato soup and toast

July 11 afternoon snack time: trail mix

July 11 supper: Eggs, curry fried potato hash, beet greens

July 11 evening: Snow peas from my garden

RcYHYry.jpg xf2XEVV.jpg xpjwBIU.jpg I8IQJQX.jpg imrzV0p.jpg g6TjBB9.jpg

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: 12 day streak

Bonus: Mind and Soul with Clawdiya: both

Day 4: (July 12th)

Strength and stretching with Fanzagale: rest day
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 2 meals done (23/25 so far)
Spoiler

July 12 breakfast: wheat squares and strawberries

July 12 morning snack time: pistachios

July 12 lunch: squash soup and toast

July 12 afternoon snack time: apple, trail mix, muesli

July 12 supper: a shamefully un-photographed salad (see empty bowl) and toast 

July 12 evening: 

DoONE6m.jpg T3VdzWc.jpg RnWUTAe.jpg MRXgrNX.jpg 

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: 13 day streak

Day 5: (July 13th)

Strength and stretching with Fanzagale: BBWW - rushed but done
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 1 meals done (24/27 so far)
Spoiler

July 13 breakfast: wheat squares

July 13 morning snack time: pistachios

July 13 lunch: got all embarrassed about photographing my food in front of a friend that I had not talked to in over a year... menu will have to do here.
 - Lunch box size sumo special containing:
             - Edamame

- Vegetable house salad

- Rice ball

- Gyoza

- Tofu Miso Soup

- Sumo Roll

- Green tea

July 13 afternoon snack time: NA

July 13 supper: chicken, potatoes, carrots, peas, dressing (the dressing was gross, I only had a few bites before I quit) Strawberry rhubarb pie. Counted as treat of the week... uhoh

July 13 evening: NA

drNRnzf.jpg tjklpjj.jpg 12552558_583527451799164_513249591936207 12004_583527458465830_913946050554428034 xCrLOmF.jpg k1tl7Ln.jpg 

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: 14 day streak

Now for the part where things get better and worse... better as in I was in a surprisingly good mood, worse as in I forgot I was in a challenge or something...

Day 6: (July 14th)

A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 1 meals done (25/29 so far)
Spoiler

July 14 breakfast: Usual

July 14 morning snack time: NA

July 14 lunch: Smoked salmon waffle

July 14 afternoon snack time: NA

July 14 supper: Strawberries on yogurt, peanut butter on a biscuit

July 14 evening: 2 Ice cream sandwiches ... wait didn't I already have a treat this week?

adAcBxe.jpg mmWDLmk.jpg kz3TAqQ.jpg lt5zfXD.jpg cRuI1m6.jpg 

Obliterate Sugar with Zoeshen: 13 day streak 0 day streak

Day 7: (July 15th)

Strength and stretching with Fanzagale: Ermmmmmmmmm oops
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 1 meals done (26/30 so far)
Spoiler

July 15 breakfast: Vegetable omelet with toast and salsa

July 15 morning snack time: NA

July 15 lunch: Did I eat lunch? Errrrrm no - I cleaned!

July 15 afternoon snack time: NA

July 15 supper: Apple and cheddar salad, popcorn (shared)

July 15 evening: Small fries with DQ ice cream cone - wait... where did this come from?

X8drq68.jpg ig8uby9.jpg qHfI0cs.jpg icecream_cone.png best-worst-fries-sonic-fries-md.jpg 

Tidy spaces with Bellabarque: Yes!

Spoiler

Spare bedroom

Td92FdF.jpg GdApujs.jpg

zkPF7l6.jpg abi4saa.jpg

Art corner

GfAbCRv.jpg Ix5NjM9.jpg

Day 8: (July 16th)

Strength and stretching with Fanzagale: apparently not recovering either...
A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 1 meals done (27/31 so far)
Spoiler

July 16 breakfast: Wheat squares

July 16 morning snack time: NA

July 16 lunch: Curry chicken salad

July 16 afternoon snack time: NA

July 16 supper: NA

July 16 evening: Popcorn, pretzels, another ice cream sandwich...?

QQyUHLa.jpg k4oUYgA.jpg bEttJmO.jpg qHfI0cs.jpg Spicy-Seasoned-Pretzels-12.jpg

Day 9: (July 17th)

A rainbow of vegetation with Aquaineil: 2 meals done (29/33 so far)
Spoiler

July 17 breakfast: Usual

July 17 morning snack time: NA

July 17 lunch: Tomato spinach salad, poppy seed dressing (forgot to photograph the first two), kale, toast

July 17 afternoon snack time: Trail mix

July 17 supper: Cinnamon curry vegetables, toast

July 17 evening: smoothie (needed to get rid of some avocado) and okay, last of the ice cream sandwiches I hope 

z7njo06.jpg 8xM9UPf.jpg CLsqN6c.jpg 6qgvZE2.jpg Scq78TG.jpg uRCP34j.jpg bEttJmO.jpg    

Tidy spaces with Bellabarque: Yes

Spoiler

Hallway

gFU4p9h.jpg rNjuhZb.jpg 

8stFSAC.jpg u6f0kG3.jpg

So the crazy good streak I had was lost, but the thing is I wouldn't trade Ice Cream with my youth kids, my dnd party, or my good friend for anything. I think part of the equation of why my mind is so foggy is two fold. My home is cluttered and I need room to breathe, and I need the company of more than just my husband to feel sane.

I'll need to ponder this more. I'm so socially awkward now, that I do not know where to go or how to make more friends irl. I've debated going to a yoga class for a long time but always chicken out and/or guilt myself out of it because it is expensive.

Thinking needs doing. Also catching up on other peoples threads, but it will have to wait. I need to sleep now. :) 

PS: This thing took me an hour and a half to pull together, if you notice tally or date mistakes could you let me know so I can fix it?

• Like 3

Rebel Death Knight

On 7/15/2017 at 10:07 PM, fleaball said:

How's it going?

5 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Hey Hymnusal, just checking in! Did you and Bellabarque get swamped by the stuff in your house?

Come let us know! We miss you!

On 7/16/2017 at 0:00 AM, J3NN said:

Where'd you go?

I introduced my hubby and daughter to some of our GISHWHES teammates today and now I'm all excited about the hunt this year. I can't wait. Thank goodness I have our vacation planned between then and now to keep me busy with good stuff!

Hope you're doing well!

Thanks for poking me guys :) 

Re GISHWHES: I think I almost have another friend convinced to join... and she said that even if she didn't join she would take pictures for me if needed :D 

• Like 3

Rebel Death Knight

Welcome back, Hymnusal! 

It's great to see you're making progress on cleaning. Regarding the sugar streak... I'm sure breaking it hurts, but I hope the joy of socialization is soothing, at least. It sounds like you made some great memories and had a good time, and overall it was worth it. If that's the case, who could be anything but happy for you? 

As for meeting people irl... I'm afraid I'm totally useless. I'm that social butterfly friend who doesn't get close to people easily but gets along with nearly everyone right away. I have a number of extraordinarily socially awkward friends whose barriers I have snuck through and I often act as their bridge to the outside world, introducing them to other friends and being their social buffer. That's something I can only do in person though, and it's not a helpful suggestion if you don't have your own Wobbegong handy. D: 

Best of luck! Let me know if there's anything at all I can do to support you. :)

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Hymnusal said:

Re GISHWHES: I think I almost have another friend convinced to join... and she said that even if she didn't join she would take pictures for me if needed :D 

Eek! What's holding her back? Let's convince her, there's only one week to register left!

Glad you're back!

32 minutes ago, Hymnusal said:

My home is cluttered and I need room to breathe, and I need the company of more than just my husband to feel sane.

I'll need to ponder this more. I'm so socially awkward now, that I do not know where to go or how to make more friends irl. I've debated going to a yoga class for a long time but always chicken out and/or guilt myself out of it because it is expensive.

I so totally know this feeling, especially now living in our walk-in pantry that used to be a living room. I cleaned up this weekend and it made such a difference, mentally, even if it was stash and dash cleaning. Nothing like a good vacuuming to clear the dust and cobwebs, physically.and mentally.

Oh my gosh, @Dagger and I have been talking about this in another thread. I think I'm going to have to work on this when I'm back from vacation. We can all put being social in our challenge and then I'll do some research and then write a blog post or even come up with a class on it. Yup, I'm starting to see a need and feel a calling. 

Regarding yoga... I've tried that, and in my experience, I find that classes like yoga are not very good for making friends. It's so easy to come in, put down your mat and ignore people, or to be ignored by people who are also not good at making friends irl, do the class, smile and leave. If you want to meet people through a class, you have to do something where it's a group setting. I took a food preservation class and we had to give presentations and do cooking activities together, so it forced us to talk to each other, and gave us stuff to talk about, so that was a huge help. I also have that gym class I was taking, that was a mixed bag, some were more social than others, but eventually be the end of class we all talked to each other a little bit because the trainer had us partner up and do activities together, and she was pretty social and would ask us all questions which led to us learning more about each other and then talking about those things.

So, my advice is find a class that will force you to engage with your classmates, in my experience, yoga isn't it.

Good luck!

• Like 4

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

5 hours ago, J3NN said:

Oh my gosh, @Dagger and I have been talking about this in another thread. I think I'm going to have to work on this when I'm back from vacation. We can all put being social in our challenge and then I'll do some research and then write a blog post or even come up with a class on it. Yup, I'm starting to see a need and feel a calling. 

Regarding yoga... I've tried that, and in my experience, I find that classes like yoga are not very good for making friends. It's so easy to come in, put down your mat and ignore people, or to be ignored by people who are also not good at making friends irl, do the class, smile and leave. If you want to meet people through a class, you have to do something where it's a group setting. I took a food preservation class and we had to give presentations and do cooking activities together, so it forced us to talk to each other, and gave us stuff to talk about, so that was a huge help. I also have that gym class I was taking, that was a mixed bag, some were more social than others, but eventually be the end of class we all talked to each other a little bit because the trainer had us partner up and do activities together, and she was pretty social and would ask us all questions which led to us learning more about each other and then talking about those things.

So, my advice is find a class that will force you to engage with your classmates, in my experience, yoga isn't it.

A class is a really good idea. Especially if it is multiple times, people will start talking eventually as long as it isn't a class on something where you're supposed to be quiet a lot.

Also, I've heard a lot of people have good success with meetups. I haven't tried it myself. I currently have other ways I've meeting new people through my travels, but it sounds like it has worked great for people to meet people with similar/same interest(s).

• Like 3

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

9 hours ago, J3NN said:

Regarding yoga... I've tried that, and in my experience, I find that classes like yoga are not very good for making friends. It's so easy to come in, put down your mat and ignore people, or to be ignored by people who are also not good at making friends irl, do the class, smile and leave.

I sort of suspected that, one of the local studios promotes itself as a great community and I really wondered how they could make yoga social. The answer probably is that the "instructors are friendly" is about as far as the community gets.

With that in mind it's really easy to do the not socializing in most classes. I used to do Zumba (left because of creepy old man who tried to get touchy feely with some of the girls), but I didn't really socialize with anyone there either.

I guess that would be the other flip of this, finding friends that I trust. I have a subset that like to hang out and socialize, but I always feel super tense and judged around them. Things I need to work through I guess.

10 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Regarding the sugar streak... I'm sure breaking it hurts, but I hope the joy of socialization is soothing, at least. It sounds like you made some great memories and had a good time, and overall it was worth it. If that's the case, who could be anything but happy for you?

I appreciate this, but I would like to get back to it too. This is the first time I've had a period with no cramps. If the sugar was the root cause, lets root it out till I just treat myself once or twice a month. I could probably have found something else to eat at DQ... she just suggested that we go for "ice cream" is all. Not good at breaking those kind of mental barriers.

Also why is 1/2 a handful of fries 3 dollars? One potato does not cost 3 dollars DQ, and the time the staff took to prepare it does not cost 3 dollars either. Fast food is getting way too pricey.

The only other issue is that by breaking the streak mid challenge I literally cannot succeed with the original success parameters I gave myself. I may need to revisit those since nothing makes you want to give up quite like knowing that you've already lost..

• Like 3

Rebel Death Knight

11 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

I do not know where to go or how to make more friends irl. 

I feel you on this. I am quite cheerful and talkative once someone shows me they’re interested in friendship, but I am hard to approach because my default setting is “distrustful of strangers” and “loathes eye contact”. I agree that if you’re going to do a class, find one that forces interaction and teamwork as opposed to solo activity.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Hymnusal said:

The only other issue is that by breaking the streak mid challenge I literally cannot succeed with the original success parameters I gave myself. I may need to revisit those since nothing makes you want to give up quite like knowing that you've already lost..

This one's been coming up a lot lately (one week into a challenge... yup, sounds about right). I always encourage people to revise, and to think of it as gaining self-awareness rather than cheating to force a win. As you said, there is nothing worse than a feeling of failure that undermines your chances of future success, and from my way of thinking, there's absolutely nothing wrong with keeping tabs on yourself and realizing you've bitten off more than you can chew.

On the contrary, I think it's really praiseworthy when people accept they've taken on too much and back off a little in the interest of taking care of themselves. (Especially women, who can have a lot of trouble with taking care of ourselves before everyone and everything else.) To me it really does show self-awareness, a strong desire to move forward unencumbered, and a willingness to admit when your choices are no longer working for you. 

Sometimes I get the feeling I'm in the minority on that one, though. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, J3NN said:

Eek! What's holding her back? Let's convince her, there's only one week to register left!

She's in and signed up! :D MADNESS BUDDY ON THE EAST COAST! 

1 hour ago, Wobbegong said:

This one's been coming up a lot lately (one week into a challenge... yup, sounds about right). I always encourage people to revise, and to think of it as gaining self-awareness rather than cheating to force

In hindsight, saying a "75% streak" was always going to guarantee failure if I broke it in the middle. But you're right, I am learning. And after some quick googling I think Chocolate was giving me those terrible period cramps that I have struggled with for years and (worse) binged on chocolate during to keep me distracted. Yay for learning! :D Chocolate is now officially only for treats, not worth the pain.

Also brought my yoga mat to work today based on comments you made earlier in my challenge. If this works out over the rest of the challenge I think I'll buy a yoga mat just to leave at work. :) Change is happening. It's kind of exciting!

• Like 4

Rebel Death Knight

6 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

She's in and signed up! :D MADNESS BUDDY ON THE EAST COAST! 

In hindsight, saying a "75% streak" was always going to guarantee failure if I broke it in the middle. But you're right, I am learning. And after some quick googling I think Chocolate was giving me those terrible period cramps that I have struggled with for years and (worse) binged on chocolate during to keep me distracted. Yay for learning! :D Chocolate is now officially only for treats, not worth the pain.

Also brought my yoga mat to work today based on comments you made earlier in my challenge. If this works out over the rest of the challenge I think I'll buy a yoga mat just to leave at work. :) Change is happening. It's kind of exciting!

Okay, I am caught up (When did I Fall behind, I don't know) but I am glad you are doing so well. And figuring out that chocolate was the cause? Huge Step. I struggle too with making friends. I tend to do better if there is something I can do to "help" and thus make people like me, but my default setting is more "No one likes me so I am going to hide in a corner" .

I am so happy the change is happening for you. Keep it up

• Like 2

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

36 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

(When did I Fall behind, I don't know

Don't worry, you didn't. I only caught up with myself last night... oops.

37 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I struggle too with making friends. I tend to do better if there is something I can do to "help" and thus make people like me, but my default setting is more "No one likes me so I am going to hide in a corner" .

I feel like it's harder when you're an adult, like when you aren't forced to interact with people on a daily basis outside of your normal circles. :-|

• Like 3

Rebel Death Knight

On 7/17/2017 at 6:10 PM, Hymnusal said:

I have this issue too. I found a hiking group on Meetup, and they pretty much sped away on the hike. (Who speedwalks a hike?) I didn't go alone at least, but I left the group after. They just walk too fast for me. 

• Like 3

Orc ~ Level 4 ~ Michaela's Profile

1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7

Strength 8 • Dexterity 3 • Stamina 4 • Constitution 7 • Wisdom 3 • Charisma 3

7 hours ago, Meushell said:

I have this issue too. I found a hiking group on Meetup, and they pretty much sped away on the hike. (Who speedwalks a hike?) I didn't go alone at least, but I left the group after. They just walk too fast for me. 

Rude. I'm a quick hiker at times but if I'm with someone who's not, I slow down and enjoy their company. What the heck. 

If you're hiking in a wooded area, it's better for you to meander, so you can soak up the stress-fighting chemicals trees dump into the air without continuing to stress yourself out as you do it. It's called forest bathing, I think. 

• Like 3

Just so you guys don't panic, I'm going out of standard internet zone for 8 days to chaperone a group of kids on a mission trip. I'll return, hopefully victorious - but alive is acceptable too. :P
I'll try to keep things up fitness wise too, but I may not be able to fit it into the packed schedule they have for us - as such I'll be going easy the whole *beating myself up about the challenge* thing while away. I have enough stress being in charge of this madness without adding guilt.

Bye!

• Like 5

Rebel Death Knight