Okay so my name is Hannah and I'm an assassin in training. My goals for this upcoming 4 week challenge is as follows:

1.) Complete the Advanced Bodyweight workout 3 times a week and on the same day complete the Begginer's Parkour workout and finish the day off with sprints with corners and straight aways at my old high school track. When I'm not working out I rest and I mean I rest a lot cause I'm going to be tired!

2.) Go to a Yoga class 3 times a week on my off days or at least try some at home yoga that isn't too crazy and will help the soreness and increase my flexibility.

3.) Go Vegan/ as close as I can be while meeting my 3,000 calories a day goal. That being said...why Vegan? Why not Paleo? This is nerd fitness! Well ya see my sister's Vegan and she has a lot on her plate with her job and going out with friends and I wanna make sure she, and the rest of my family are eating well. So I'm going vegan. Every meal I've planned out will include 30g of Protien and a vegetable or two and complex carbohydrates. (I'll post these recipes/ eating times (I guess if you could call it that) later if I want I probably will!) (hint: the post protien shake isn't vegan but I love it (ps: it's Steve's Post workout calorie bomb of a protein shake) (also I'll be intermediate fasting) (because I don't like breakfast) (and cause nobody has time for that when you have two jobs and your first year in college is way down the line, all ready for you to run straight into it and fall well not today Zurg! I'm gonna cat hang up it and pull myself up!)

4.) Meditate for a minute each day and increase the time by one minute each week. So week one it's for 1 minutes, next week 2 min, ect.

Now I know this last one won't get reached in 4 weeks but I'm currently 95lbs, my doctor wants me to be at 115-120lbs and I want to be personally 175lbs with most of that being muscule! My Body fat percentage is at 17% right now and I'd like to keep it that way or even raise it a bit but I don't want to to go down past 15% because of the heath risks.

-Hannah

• Like 4

I love this! Following. :D

Please post the recipes!

• Like 1

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

Oh wow okay I know it's not like a big thing but thanks for following me! I really appreciate it!

So since I'm off for the summer, I plan to wake up around 7 and do some yoga and meditate like I mentioned in my first post. I would start my workout at 11am and workout for an hour (or however long it will take, I'll let you guys know.) Then at Noon I'd break my 16 hour fast with Steve's powerhouse protein shake and then maybe some Vegan Tacos. Then around 6 or so (I haven't decided yet when dinner will be, definitely before my 8pm no more food cut off) I'll have dinner, which is beans and rice or vegan tacos. Than around 7:50, cutting it close I know lol, I'll have a protein shake for just a little added boost in calories for gaining weight.

VEGAN TACOS

INGREDIENTS

MAKES 6 SERVINGS

-1 teaspoon vegetable oil

-1/2 onion, sliced

-2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeño chile

-1 12-ounce package soy chorizo (sometimes labeled Soyrizo), casing removed

-1 15.4-ounce to 16-ounce can vegetarian refried black beans

-12 corn tortillas, warm

-Diced onion

-Chopped fresh cilantro

Instructions 

Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onion and jalapeño; sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Add soy chorizo and cook until beginning to brown in spots, stirring often, about 5 minutes.Meanwhile, cook beans in heavy small saucepan over low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.Stack 2 warm tortillas for each of 6 tacos. Spread scant 2 tablespoons beans over each stack. Top with soy chorizo mixture, dividing equally. Sprinkle with diced onion and cilantro.

BEANS AND RICE

Ingredients

MAKES 6 SERVINGS

-2 cans red kidney beans
-1/2 cup of rice to 1 cup of water
-1 stock cube + 1 cup of water
-1 leek
-2 small onions
-salt and pepper for taste

Instructions

Dice onions and leek finely. Boil the rice and dissolve the stock cube in a cup of water. Cook leek and onions until soft in a teaspoon of oil, covered. Add beans. And a stock cube and shimmer for 20 minutes at low heat. Serve beans with rice.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lilmissbri said:

I love this! Following. :D

Please post the recipes!

Awww thank you so much and I just uploaded them, they are "boring" in a sense but that's what it takes, I've tried bringing it down to as much sciencey stuff as I can i.e getting 30g of protein in each meal while still being vegan and I'm going to treat "my body like a machine" like Steve says! 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Hana said:

Oh wow okay I know it's not like a big thing but thanks for following me! I really appreciate it!

Absolutely!! I know what you mean. I still get a little jolt of happiness whenever someone comments or follows my challenge. :encouragement:

Mmmmm Tacos. They sound delicious!

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap

That's quite a workout!! What is in the beginner parkour workout you mentioned?

Also, following! 

• Like 1

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

20 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's quite a workout!! What is in the beginner parkour workout you mentioned?

Also, following! 

Hi there! 

The beginner parkour workout is the one that Steve posted a few years ago, if you just search it up you should be able to find it!

Sorry if I couldn't be more help, it's not letting me post the link on my phone for some reason, hope this helps none none the less!

• Like 1
On 6/28/2017 at 1:59 PM, Lilmissbri said:

Absolutely!! I know what you mean. I still get a little jolt of happiness whenever someone comments or follows my challenge. :encouragement:

Mmmmm Tacos. They sound delicious!

Oh my they are! I just had them to make sure I got the recipe right and oh they are soooooo good!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Hana said:

Hi there! 

The beginner parkour workout is the one that Steve posted a few years ago, if you just search it up you should be able to find it!

Sorry if I couldn't be more help, it's not letting me post the link on my phone for some reason, hope this helps none none the less!

This one?

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/the-definitive-guide-to-parkour-for-beginners/

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

7 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

Following along for the vegan assasinry!

tumblr_meuonhwwLf1rq8ga2o1_400.gif

Oh my gosh. I LOVE Scott Pilgrim.

Hey y'all and welcome to the first day of the new challenge! 

7/9/17

Bodyweight and sprints

Starting weight: 98lbs

So for today after doing a yoga workout routine I found on YouTube, I completed three circuits of the Advanced Bodyweight workout meaning I did the following three times after warming up: 

10 one legged squats – each side my legs hate me but I made sure to stretch my legs more often because of this I'm not completely sure I went low enough but I took every rep slow and will continue to try to go lower next time I workout.

20 body weight squats easy peasy, did this in front of my mirror to make sure my form was good. 

20 walking lunges (10 each leg)

20 jump step-ups (10 each leg)

10 pull ups [Using my kitchen table because I can't quite do a pull up yet but getting close]

10 dips – using two of my island's chairs

10 chin ups  [inverted body weight rows using my kitchen table with underhand grip]

10 push ups

30 second plank

Then I did 10 leg lifts to strength my core a bit before cooling down with some stretching. I'm going to be keeping up with three circuits for another week or two, adding a rep to each exercise every week, once I am able to double the reps I'll add another set, I'm aiming for a solid 5x20 for a nice round number. On my off days I'm going to be rock climbing at the local YMCA. 

After my workout I drank my protein shake and now I'm just filling out some job applications. 

For dinner I'm going to be making rice and beans and drinking a more simpler protein shake to add weight.

Hope your first day is going well!

• Like 3

Looks like a pretty solid BW workout

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Hi there guys! 

I know now I know I'm super late on posting but big news! I got the job! I start training tomorrow and Wednesday, but I'm going on vacation on the 27th until the 5th so I'll try to fit in at least some pull-ups, push-ups and some lunges but I'll be walking everywhere so at least it's something. 

I ate really well yesterday! I had chipotle, I got a burrito with chicken, brown rice and Avacado. I ate all of it and felt really full, for dinner I had a chicken thigh and broccoli. But here's the thing, my parents are going to be gone this week and our oven isn't working so we just have a stove...so it's time to start thinking of alternatives! 

I haven't really been working out very much tho, I have been taking my dog for walks a few times a day. I helped my brother move a few days ago and I'm still a little sore even though I carried some of the lighter stuff. In all the last few days I haven't been on the top of my game with working out but I have been eating better and my life is looking up so in all I think I'm doing okay.

hopw your day is going well!

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Hana said:

our oven isn't working so we just have a stove...so it's time to start thinking of alternatives! 

Sounds like stir fry time!! 

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

On 7/17/2017 at 9:50 AM, Hana said:

I know now I know I'm super late on posting but big news! I got the job! I start training tomorrow and Wednesday

giphy.gif

Oh hello there! I know I'm late again but I've been getting into the swing of things at work and get meals done to bring to work. So that being said, I'm on my feet for the majority of my shift excluding my breaks. I'm also lifting some heavy boxes, I work in the deli at my local Safeway, so I'll be lifting a lot of boxes of chicken, cheeses and other things as well. So I guess that's what I can do to workout when im at work? I don't know but I do stretch before and afterwards so I'm gonna count it! ʅ(◞‿◟)ʃ

as for food I've been drinking a protein shake when I get up so it gives me more time to get ready. For lunch I've been picking up a freshly made sandwich from the cold case, usually something with chicken and fresh condiments. For dinner it's usually some brown rice, black beans and chicken or some pasta with Italian sausage and spinach.

Ive been doing push-ups and some lunges when I get home from work so I'm fitting in exercises when I can, I'm not used to working these long hours yet so I'm going slow but I'm not trying to make excuses, I'll be doing more once I get a routine down.

hope your week is going well!

• Like 1

Hey guys!

So I touched down in DC today, I'll be here for a week on vacation with my family and it's nice to take a break from work, I'm really enjoying it but it's nice to spend time with family. We'll be doing a lot of sightseeing so I'll be walking a lot. As for food, once we got settled into our rooms we went down to the Whole Foods around the corner. I suprized my family by filling up one of the three sectioned plate's with three chicken thighs, steamed string peas and spinach and orzo salad. I ate two of the thighs and most of the two sides, I left the rest for tomorrow as the rest of my family was finished eating so I packed it up, in all it's still a lot of food and I can already feel the weight add on. Okay maybe not that far but it's still a good feeling!

Ive been doing a simple workout that I do in my room at the place where we are staying. It's push-ups, pull-ups if I can find a tree branch or a bus stop overhang, and being in DC, I think I'll find a few ;) I'll also do some squats!

Bodyweight workouts is all about being able to adapt to your surroundings and work with what you got, literally!

hope your week is going well, I'd love to hear from you!

• Like 1